Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will Clemson win 10 in 2014?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Will Clemson win 10 in 2014?

Dec 26, 2013, 11:32 PM

Even though ACC schedule isn't out yet...

With new players on offense and veteran defense will the Tigers get to 10 wins? I'll say right at it

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Starting with the OB, Clemson will win more than 10 in '14***

Dec 26, 2013, 11:38 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Re: Starting with the OB, Clemson will win more than 10 in '14***

Dec 26, 2013, 11:41 AM

We must win 2 of 4 games against Uga, FSU, Louisville, or Usc. I do think we will win 10 games next year and I think Usc will be one of those 10 wins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 26, 2013, 11:43 AM

I also think we have a good shot against Uga to start the season, Fsu will be tough on the road but with our D next year we will stay in the ball game and have a shot to win.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louisville is 50/50 chance to not have Bridgewater

Dec 26, 2013, 11:50 AM [ in reply to Re: Starting with the OB, Clemson will win more than 10 in '14*** ]

So I think they will be much easier to battle if he does leave. And I'm not convinced UGA will be that much better overall next year than this year. Sure, strong running game returns, but Mason isn't a real start QB like Murray was, even though Murray struggled in his earlier years with things like INTs. If they don't start Mason in August, then we will see a potentially true freshman QB, no? And I give our D the edge over theirs in both experience and in skill.

So the biggest challenge will be FSU on their turf and ...... will we play Miami? Maybe Miami.

Dec 26, 2013, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Starting with the OB, Clemson will win more than 10 in '14*** ]

I think UGA and Louisville will be wins.

UGA loses basically every playmaker on their offense minus Gurley and they'll still have a young defense. Their starters as a whole will be struggling because of their injuries this year, which prevented a lot of their players from getting experience and conditioning. Samford stadium will be rowdy, but I think we win with our experienced defense and our better offense.

Louisville will be the same way, they lose a lot of their playmakers that made them successful. Louisville had a great run the past 2-3 years, but their success is not in a n upward trend. I like UL, but I'm afraid they are going to end up like BC did. When the ACC took in BC, they were in the middle of a stretch where they were putting up 10+ win seasons, one year they were preseason number 2. They joined the ACC just as their success was starting to decline, and look what has happened since. I'm worried this could be what happens to Louisville.

USC loses Shaw, Clowney, and Ellington, so I think we have a good shot, or at least the best shot yet to beat them in the last 5 years. Unfortunately they have a young team this year and they still have Spurrier who is the master at pulling things out of his a$$.

FSU, well, I just don't know about that one, but Florida will be a nice place to take a weekend vacation next year.

oh...

Dec 26, 2013, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Starting with the OB, Clemson will win more than 10 in '14*** ]

he was talking football?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The only game that is a real challenge is FSU at

Dec 26, 2013, 11:44 AM

Doak Campbell. Just as we had a solid chance to beat SCar on their turf this year, we have just as good or maybe better chance in DV next year. And UGA will have an improved defense (experience) but so will we. The offenses will be equally fresh more or less, with the exception of Gurley on their side. But if we continue to prove effective in defending the run in the OB like we did against Davis and Andre Williams earlier, I might give our D the edge come next August.

I'm looking at everything optimistically with a dose of reality (FSU).

Boston College will be a tough......

Dec 26, 2013, 4:36 PM

out next year on the road. I was impressed with the way they played us and FSU, and I like their physicality. As much as the other games will be tough, we better be prepared for a war in Chestnut Hill.

we will win ten

Dec 26, 2013, 11:49 AM

Should beat the chickens and Louisville , but fsu and uga on the road are probably a longshot. I think we do what we do under Dabo ...and that is absolutely wipe the floor with the lesser ACC.

DB23

If we beat FSU

Dec 26, 2013, 11:51 AM

national championship.

Big "if" though

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

No....14***

Dec 26, 2013, 11:59 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would say winning 10 next year would be

Dec 26, 2013, 12:03 PM

A bigger accomplishment than winning 10 was this year

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Will Clemson win 10 in 2014?

Dec 26, 2013, 12:25 PM

I think Clemson wins 10 or more next year. I think FSU is going to be the make or break for our season. I think our Offense will lean on the run game more next year for two reasons: 1. New QB. While I think we have good talent at QB I think putting all of the load on the QB the way we did this year would be foolish. 2. I think we have an influx of talent at RB that is about to shift our strength a little bit. We still need the OL to step up in a big way but I think we will be more run oriented with the QB/WR's being secondary weapons(albeit good ones). I was very disappointed in Tajh's performance this year. I know his numbers were good but he did not get better this year. If we did not have better personnel, we would have lost to NCST and BC. Further, I thought he looked lost again SCST as well! Not what you want from your Senior QB. I am very thankful to him for helping to bring our program to the next level, but we will be where we are until we find a QB that is consistent and plays well in big games. Just look at the difference in FSU. Same talent, new QB.

Of course.***

Dec 26, 2013, 12:28 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Our non-conference opponents are

Dec 26, 2013, 12:44 PM

SC State
Georgia State

Georgia between the hedges
The chickens in DV

Then we have FSU in Tallahassee.
And the Boston College game we almost lost this year.

We lose Sammy(?).
We lose Tajh.
Win 10 in 2014?
I dunno.

Outgaining them 2:1 in yards and a 10 pt win = almost lost***

Dec 26, 2013, 2:14 PM

BC was ahead til there was only 13 minutes left in the game

Dec 26, 2013, 5:41 PM

Yards are not points.

Dec 26, 2013, 1:19 PM

Serious question because I'm not sure of the answer....

When has Dabo ever won a road game as the underdog? This is excluding bowl games on a neutral field (CFA Bowl), just a regular season game on the road and won as an underdog.

I can't think of one. Admittedly the schedules have not been filled with tough road games so there are few opportunities to win on the road as a dog. But of those road games where Dabo has been a dog, does he have a victory?

I point this out because, some in this thread discount playing in front of 90,000 fans in Athens and Doak. The Tigers will be dogs in both of those games. Realistically looking at it, I don't see wins in either of those games.

When you look at an improving Boston College, the SCAR game and a potentially tough game with Louisville, I think the 2014 schedule is much more difficult than 2013.

With a solid team across the board in 2013, the record was 10-2. Losing the most prolific qb and arguably the most electric offensive player ever at Clemson (Boyd and Watkins) along with a tougher schedule, and 10 wins in 2014 will be a big accomplishment IMO.

Dec 26, 2013, 1:45 PM

I'm sure we must have been road dogs when we played @ Virginia Tech in 2011.

#11 v # 13, Clemson was coming off wins v Auburn and FSU

Dec 26, 2013, 1:54 PM

Cu prolly favored. IDK

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: #11 v # 13, Clemson was coming off wins v Auburn and FSU

Dec 26, 2013, 1:57 PM

Virginia Tech was the 6.5 point favorite:

http://www.predictem.com/cfb/clemson-tigers-virginia-tech-hokies-pick.php

Well Logan Thomas was tall back then***

Dec 26, 2013, 2:11 PM

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

Re: Well Logan Thomas was tall back then***

Dec 26, 2013, 2:13 PM

Almost too tall! But we somehow overcame that height discrepancy and beat him twice

Miami in '09***

Dec 26, 2013, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Will Clemson win 10 in 2014? ]

I think whoever the qb is will put up good numbers somewhat

Dec 26, 2013, 1:25 PM

Proving Boyd is a system qb. The loses that concern me are Watkins, our two best ols, and any potential early departures.

Dec 26, 2013, 1:30 PM

I see 7 games we should definitely win next year:

SC State, Georgia State, NC State, North Carolina, NC State, @Wake, Syracuse, Louisville (sans Bridgewater, though I'd love it if he stayed).

We outman these teams by a solid margin and all but one comes at home.

2 probable wins:

@BC, @Georgia Tech.

We are much more talented than both of these teams, but historically we haven't played well in Boston or Atlanta--especially Atlanta.

2 very close games:

@Georgia, South Carolina

I think we'll match up well against the Dawgs, but it'll be our new QB's very first game under center, and that's tough to do against a very talented, likely ranked relatively high team in front of 94,000 unfriendly fans. South Carolina is always a mystery to me because despite having a more talented team than them the past two seasons, we've found ways to lose the game.

and 1 definite loss:

@Florida State

They're just a better team from top to bottom at this point in time. There's nothing to make me believe that next year we're going to waltz into Tallahassee and be able to beat them...unless Winston has the mother of all sophomore slumps, this is going to be a loss, and that's ok because I fully expect them to come into next year ranked unanimous #1. While we could come in at the mid-low teens.

Re: I agree with your assessment 99%

Dec 26, 2013, 2:02 PM

I think FSU is better at this point, but I don't just chalk it up as a loss because anything can happen (see your example about SC) and I couldn't watch the game if I knew positively that we would lose. Alabama has better personnel than Auburn, sometimes things happen. FSU has better personnel than Auburn and I expect them to win, but you never know. Sometimes it just comes down to how the two teams match up and turnovers.

Re: I agree with your assessment 99%

Dec 26, 2013, 2:07 PM

True...it certainly won't be impossible to beat FSU next year, but it'll be highly unlikely. If we come into the FSU game undefeated, I still expect the spread will probably have FSU at -20 or so.

Strange things definitely happen, but I'm trying to gauge what's probable. It's probable we are beaten soundly by FSU next year.

Yes.....If Not:- 1 Of These 4 Will Deny Us ----

Dec 26, 2013, 1:41 PM

Florida State, Georgia, Boston College or
Ga. Tech. All games are tough road games.

We will win 10 in 2014

Dec 26, 2013, 2:24 PM

nm

will we beat Ga.?***

Dec 26, 2013, 3:04 PM

We'll go 9-3 in reg season and win bowl game against an

Dec 26, 2013, 3:41 PM

inferior opponent.

Bowl game like the CFA or Russel Athletic or Sun

Home
SC State
GA State
Louisville
NC State
UNC
Cuse
Carolina

Away

GA
FSU
BC
GA Tech
Wake

We'll go undefeated at home (breaking the spell against the chickens) and lose 3 rd games.. FSU, GA and either BC or GA Tech

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic