Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Never Forget...9-11 a day that transcends sports
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

New Story: Never Forget...9-11 a day that transcends sports

Sep 11, 2014, 12:28 PM

Never Forget...9-11 a day that transcends sports

We use sports as a distraction, something that lets us escape the realities of every day life. But there are times when sports needs to slip quietly into the background, and this is one of those days when we ask for a few moments to reflect on what this day means to all of us. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

thank you.***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: Never Forget...9-11 a day that transcends sports

Sep 11, 2014, 12:34 PM

Nice story David. Thanks for posting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for the reminder

Sep 11, 2014, 12:36 PM

I honestly got most of my info on tigernet, it was the first time I remember seeing the American flag backdrop.

Once one league made a decision to postpone the games that weekend, everyone else followed suit. But at the time it was a difficult decision to make. They absolutely got it right, but I would love to have been able to take a respite from the news and watched some football that week.

We played, and lost, to virginia the next week in the valley in one of the most emotional weekends I've spent in tigertown.

ALL IN!!

Awesome article David!***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:37 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Glad you shared this.***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:43 PM

Thank you.***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:45 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Well done***

Sep 11, 2014, 12:53 PM

Sep 11, 2014, 12:55 PM

That is one of the most beautiful tributes I have read about 9-11. I had tears in my eyes and chills running down my arms as I read this thinking about what the victims of those horrific attacks went through that day. Thank you, David for such a thoughtful, beautiful piece.

Beautifully written David***

Sep 11, 2014, 1:04 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2014, 1:12 PM

Very nice David....thank you for sharing!!!!

9/15/01 - Postponed Duke vs. Clemson Game Ticket Stub

Sep 11, 2014, 1:28 PM

Still have my original unused student ticket stub for the Duke vs. Clemson game that was postponed after 9-11. Keep it taped to my bathroom mirror to ensure I never forget what happened.

We went on to win the game later in the year on 12/01/01 - Clemson 59 - Duke 31

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well done

Sep 11, 2014, 1:29 PM

I was at Pentagon memorial and remember it as you did. Particularly heart wrenching there was the memorial for the youngest victim- a mere two or three year old (as I recall). It's hard to grasp how at such a pure innocent age one could be taken away by this evil, much less everyone else.

Thankfully, there is Isaiah 57:1-2 for solace.

My brother was in the second tower when it got hit

Sep 11, 2014, 1:36 PM

by the grace of God he made it out alive and is doing well with his wife and 5 kids.

I'll never forget.

He was one of the lucky ones, thank the Lord.***

Sep 11, 2014, 4:19 PM

Sep 11, 2014, 1:47 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7OCgMPX2mE&app=desktop

Thanks David, good read!***

Sep 11, 2014, 1:47 PM

Having a great Military background Clemson people understand & honor heros.

Sep 11, 2014, 2:33 PM

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2014, 2:44 PM

What a wonderful article, David. A fitting remembrance of that awful day, yet filled with hope. Thanks!

Sep 11, 2014, 2:56 PM

Thank you for sharing !

Thanks David. You have a talent way beyond Tigernet, and I

Sep 11, 2014, 3:24 PM

appreciate it. Thanks again.

Sep 11, 2014, 3:32 PM

http://espn.go.com/blog/acc/post/_/id/74300/bc-to-honor-man-in-red-bandanna. Here is a incredible story from that day in the acc blog of espn.

Sep 11, 2014, 3:41 PM

Thanks David. I remember that horrible day every time I see a Engine Company, Medic Unit or a Police Car. I spent 16 years total in Fire/Rescue and l will remember the friends I lost that horrendous day for the rest of my life.

"The only thing necessary for tyranny to prevail...

Sep 11, 2014, 4:06 PM

...is for good men to do nothing."

NEVER FORGET!!! STAY VIGILANT!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2014, 4:16 PM

Thank you- what a beautiful and thought felt tribute!!!

We are lucky to have u as a writer for tiger sports

Sep 11, 2014, 4:52 PM

That was well written along with numerous other articles you have posted. Thanks!

Re: We are lucky to have u as a writer for tiger sports

Sep 11, 2014, 6:33 PM

Great article. And now we face it again with ISIS, etc.
This will be an epic, global battle. And we have certain Imans preaching this Jihad hate right here in our country, and getting away with it.

Sep 11, 2014, 9:43 PM

Awesome article...I have been to the pool but did not know about the tree. Thoughts and prayers to all remembering this day.

Sep 14, 2014, 9:21 AM

9-11 Thoughts
As some of you know as a result the attack on Pearl Harbor my Father was sent to defend Bataan and Corregidor, captured by the Japanese, survived the Bataan Death March and 3 1/2 years as a POW. When asked about the experience he said how thankful he was that while many sacrificed we should be thankful it did not occur on our land. He was proud to have participated in fighting a war that kept us free and prevented attacks on the United States. To his generation and ours the attack on Pearl Harbor was a day that will live in infamy. Major Thomas Hackett while a “survivor” did not live to see 9-11. The day he fought and sacrificed to prevent. While we remember Pearl Harbor day this generation now has its new day in infamy September 11th (9-11). It like Pearl Harbor was an attack on the principles of the United Sates of America. An attack on its freedom. An attack against life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. An attack on the right to live as one nation , under god, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all. An attack on capitalism and free enterprise. An attack on the belief that every individual life is important and not something to be taken for the greater good of a few. It is this difference that Pearl Harbor and 9-11 share. It is a difference in life that comes from heaven with a purpose to honor and glorify not man but God. Today we face what my father feared most but spoke little of. A war from within with a terrorist threat within our country and a divided government. A war to destroy the principles of our country and our way of life. As we remember those that died in the attack on 9-11, those that sacrificed to recover from 9-11 and those of the greatest generation that defended our country in WWII, those that fought in Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Afghanistan and continue to fight to defend what we are about - Freedom. Pause and pray those that would have the principles and values our Nation destroyed would be brought down like the twin towers. The evil that seeks to defeat us would be bound and that we will be able to humble ourselves and pray that we again will be one nation under God, indivisible in that thought, with liberty and justice for all. A beacon of light for the kingdom of God and continue to be defenders of Israel, His people and their land. Teach all this history to your children and your grand children that we really remember and understand the foundation of our Nation and what it stands for and all God has done for us. On 9-11 Pause and pray. This in itself is a freedom that is basic to the principles of our country. Respect those with whom you have differences and pray for peace that they also might do unto you as you do unto them. In a time of great chaos, earthquakes, floods, hurricanes, political division, economic challenges stop and know that by Grace you are saved though faith in the sacrifice of Jesus on the cross. Find your hope in knowing that His word tells us nothing can separate us from the love of God that is found in Christ Jesus. The tribulations are great. The battle roars but the war is won by the blood of Christ that has already defeated death, sin and satan. In 9-11 remember the Hope that comes from Faith by grace. Dad we fight a different war now. On our lands and from within. We fight a war which is a battle of for the mind and the soul of a God fearing nation and the people that make it up. May your sacrifice help us to STAND FIRM. May your sacrifice give us the courage to persevere for he who perseveres shall inherit the kingdom to come.
On 9-11 Be Still and know that we have a God loves us and that hears our prayers. Then pray as called for in 2 Chron.7:14 "If my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land." Do this in remembrance.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CUTIGERTIM
Clemson Rat 1968
Clemson fan forever

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic