Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Honestly, the Brownell regime can not overcome a loss like
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Honestly, the Brownell regime can not overcome a loss like

Dec 19, 2012, 10:54 PM

the one that happened tonight. In basketball, major teams lose to small conference teams from time to time, but a 23-point blowout is unacceptable. Clemson basketball will just barely exist in the minds of most Clemson fans until a new leaf is turned.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes he can.***

Dec 19, 2012, 10:55 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Sure he can. We (South Carolina) played at

Dec 19, 2012, 10:59 PM

Francis Marion this past season in baseball to open their new baseball facility - and lost.

We also played Arizona for the national title in Omaha.

I'm not predicting a final four appearance by Clemson's basketball team. But coaches and athetic administrator types understand such losses can happen in those situations - at least much better than fans do.

Sure it can...

Dec 19, 2012, 11:12 PM

there's 18 ACC games ahead as well as 2 more non-conference plus the ACC tournament. People that freak out over a loss by the basketball team in December have about as much sense as those that freak out over a loss by the baseball team in March. Games like this happen to most programs, even the very good ones.

Re: Sure it can...

Dec 20, 2012, 8:49 AM

OK we have 18 Acc games how many of those do we win????

I'd say maybe 6!!!!

There's only ONE coach that could turn this around and that would be Shaytt LOL I kid I kid

Some folks around here sound like the fans at Hickory High..

Dec 19, 2012, 11:15 PM

before the coach broke them down and made them into a champion team. Basketball wins are based on good defense, ask Krzyzewski.

We'll be fine once Jimmy Chitwood starts playing***

Dec 19, 2012, 11:30 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

LOL, yes you're right, someone like that would!***

Dec 19, 2012, 11:32 PM

You obviously do not have a clue***

Dec 19, 2012, 11:52 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no***

Dec 20, 2012, 1:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How much longer does Brownell get?

Dec 20, 2012, 2:12 AM

I can understand losing in the ACC, but getting demolished by Coastal is something else! I can actually remember when we had good teams and filled Littlejohn to capacity and beyond.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

at least two or three years

Dec 20, 2012, 4:53 AM

when these soph and fresh are juniors and seniors we will see the direction of the program

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that's the problem with Clemson basketball and has been for

Dec 20, 2012, 9:54 AM

yrs....the program relies on seniors to succeed and have a good yr...problem is the next yr they are gone and you start over. We haven't built a program that has continued from one generation of players to the next like successful programs. We build a team and the coach leaves if he's successful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I knew we were screwed when we lost Purnell

Dec 20, 2012, 3:35 AM

You can just look at Brunell and see that he isn't an intelligent coach. This is an embarassment.

Re: I knew we were screwed when we lost Purnell

Dec 20, 2012, 8:51 AM

Purnell is a POS we didn't lose him he lost us!!!

He left without even saying thanks but no thanks

My God you're a moron.***

Dec 20, 2012, 9:54 AM [ in reply to I knew we were screwed when we lost Purnell ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

BB is a good X and O coach. But he can't get any big men...

Dec 20, 2012, 4:23 AM

to look at CU. Probably not gonna be here long.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can't get any outside shooters either. He's been here three

Dec 20, 2012, 7:43 AM

years and our best players are Jennings and Booker and they aren't any good and were recruited by Purnell.

You left out one thing:

Dec 20, 2012, 6:10 AM

Rarely do,teams from from major conferences play these teams on the road and playing at home is so huge in basketball.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this loss coupled with last years loss against coots

Dec 20, 2012, 8:06 AM

is not looking good for him. I am not seeing the big men in recruiting we need to compete in the ACC either.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Honestly, the Brownell regime can not overcome a loss like

Dec 20, 2012, 8:30 AM

Wonder how many of you goobers were all atwitter about how great coach was after we played Arizona off their feet last week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 20, 2012, 9:36 AM

I know patience is not a virtue on Tnet, but if we give Brownell time, we will be rewarded. Remember Purnell left the cupboard bare, and two of BB best recruits are injured. This team with Coleman and Blossigame would be much better. Only 2 seniors. Yes, we need to recruit better big men, but they don't grow on tress. Yes this is a bad loss, but we played tough against AZ and GONZ, both top 15 teams. We will have some surprise wins in conf this year. When these fr and sophs are jrs and seniors our program will be have a good foundation.

Did anyone expect BB to do this is a year or two?

he can overcome this but the problem is basketball at CU

Dec 20, 2012, 9:52 AM

is simply something we do after a bowl game and until baseball season starts. It's rarely had any importance placed on it by the administration or the fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The sky is not falling, shut up.

Dec 20, 2012, 9:56 AM

You clearly know nothing about basketball or about Brad Brownell. He's the 3rd or 4th best coach in the ACC, it is pathetic you want to kick him to the curb when he hasn't even been able to get his recruits any seniority.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

he's a good coach but I doubt he'll succeed here

Dec 20, 2012, 10:01 AM

simply because basketball isn't a big deal here....hasn't ever been and probably won't ever be outside of a few yrs. If it's not a big deal to the fans it's not going to succeed.

Dec 20, 2012, 10:05 AM

I am with you on that, there is no excuse for that loss, lack of effort or lack of talent , but totally unacceptable, there should be consequences-- tee bob

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic