Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A mask stops Covid like your underwear stops a F@RT ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 47
| visibility 1

A mask stops Covid like your underwear stops a F@RT ...

Jul 2, 2020, 2:00 PM

Just something to think about.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Butt, based upon the symptoms of a COVID-19

Jul 2, 2020, 2:10 PM

infection, if you can't smell your f@rt, you may have COVID-19.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Butt, based upon the symptoms of a COVID-19

Jul 2, 2020, 2:16 PM

You both have given me a great deal to think about. ??
Along with dead brain cells.??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Butt, based upon the symptoms of a COVID-19

Jul 2, 2020, 2:18 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Not trying to the blasphemous .... and, Lord, forgive me if I am...

Jul 2, 2020, 2:20 PM

One of the long-standing questions in my mind is, did Jesus fart? He had to if He was fully man. But, He was also fully God. So, ??

Also, I have often wondered if He joked around with His apostles. Since God gave us laughter, again, I would think He did.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Farting is not a sin, so

Jul 2, 2020, 2:21 PM

yes

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

When my older brother use to fart in my face,

Jul 2, 2020, 1:41 PM

it was sinful.

Re: When my older brother use to fart in my face,- I was an

Jul 2, 2020, 2:36 PM

older brother. You may not realize it but we are required by law to do that. There are severe penalties if we do not do that. Its not like we have a choice. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I disagree.

Jul 2, 2020, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Farting is not a sin, so ]

Some farts deserve eternal damnation.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Not trying to the blasphemous .... and, Lord, forgive me if I am...

Jul 2, 2020, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Not trying to the blasphemous .... and, Lord, forgive me if I am... ]

The translation for Kamikaze is "Divine Wind", so there you go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what's the odds GOD is saying pull my finger here?***

Jul 2, 2020, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Butt, based upon the symptoms of a COVID-19 ]

Re: what's the odds GOD is saying pull my finger here?***

Jul 2, 2020, 2:32 PM

While we are posting memes, here is one of my

Jul 2, 2020, 2:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Butt, based upon the symptoms of a COVID-19 ]

all-time favorites ...

Re: A mask stops Covid like your underwear stops a F@RT ...

Jul 2, 2020, 2:14 PM

I think it helps with the shart equivalent

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, it does stop the shrapnel. Usually.***

Jul 2, 2020, 2:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 2, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to Re: A mask stops Covid like your underwear stops a F@RT ... ]

Will it stop jock itch too? Asking for a friend

Re: My philosophy is- those who

Jul 2, 2020, 2:20 PM

smelt it dealt it. ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 2, 2020, 2:32 PM

I think a properly fit N-95 does a pretty good job of stopping Covid. A P-100 does a great job.

It may stop you from COVID-19.

Jul 2, 2020, 2:34 PM

But, if you have COVID-19, an N-95 mask will not protect others around you from getting it from you.

Re: It may stop you from COVID-19.

Jul 2, 2020, 2:51 PM

A N-95 without exhaust valve will.
You can buy them with and without valves.

Jul 2, 2020, 3:24 PM [ in reply to Re: A mask stops Covid like your underwear stops a F@RT ... ]

It's like putting up a chainlink fence to keep out mosquitos.

Jul 3, 2020, 9:47 AM

Are putting a screen door on a submarine

While we've all got our thinking caps on..

Jul 2, 2020, 2:41 PM

Let's consider the size of the molecules that make up the stink smell in farts. We'll focus on one particular example, as the others are similarly sized (when compared to the size of a virus). Methanthiol (CH3SH), like a number of thiol (-SH) containing molecules, smells! When you work with it enough, it smells like incredibly intense garlic; though many would just say it smells putrid. If you want everyone to hate you, walk through a hallway carrying an open container of thiol compounds.

CH3SH is a rather small molecule with a diameter around 4*10^-10 m (0.4 nm, about 1.6*10^-8 inches). By comparison, viruses typically range in diameter from about 20 nm up to about 400 nm, with COVID-19 being around 60-140 nm. The difference in sizes of the COVID-19 virus and a common odorant in farts is 2-3 orders of magnitude (100–1000 times the diameter of the smaller methanethiol). An N95 mask is capable of filtering 95% of a test aerosol containing average particle size of 300 nm.

Basically, an N95 mask has a tight weave pattern with multiple layers that serve as a barrier to larger structures (like viruses, or simply spittle). While the benefits of a specific mask will depend on the fabric and construction of the mask (not to mention how it is worn), having some form of barrier between an infected individual and a healthy individual is far superior to open air allowing for the transfer of virus (along with other matter) between those individuals.

Lastly, to argue that “since I can smell a fart through a mask, there's no point in wearing a mask to protect me against viruses” is like securing a medieval castle with a gate to keep out invading horsemen, but arguing that because roaches can still enter that there is no point in having a gate. Clearly you have not considered that the horseman is the greater threat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What say you concerning rats and fleas getting in?

Jul 2, 2020, 3:11 PM

Since we’re getting into medieval analogies.

^This guy do the science stuff***

Jul 2, 2020, 3:15 PM [ in reply to While we've all got our thinking caps on.. ]

Electrical charge differences and adhesion are factors too.***

Jul 2, 2020, 3:49 PM [ in reply to While we've all got our thinking caps on.. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No matter who you vote for, BUY AMERICAN...it's a vote for American jobs.

Jul 2, 2020, 2:44 PM

I want to thank you, Gentlemen, from the bottom of my FART. Old people do too.

I'm BAAACCK!

Building on your "ironclad" f@rt analogy...

Jul 2, 2020, 3:30 PM

For starters, wearing a mask is more to REDUCE the possibility of the wearer infecting people around them, than to protect the wearer from getting it from other people.

A far as your stupid fart analogy, I'll put on a clean pair of underwear. Then, I'll fart and immediately take them off. Then, you put your nose up to the area adjacent to where the fart emanated from. Then, you take a long, slow breath in through your nose. Do you get it now?

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/coronavirus/coronavirus-face-masks-what-you-need-to-know

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

Message was edited by: AeroTiger®

Well, aren't you just a breath of fresh air?***

Jul 2, 2020, 3:38 PM

Don’t put on clean underwear only on my account ... I would

Jul 2, 2020, 6:49 PM [ in reply to Building on your "ironclad" f@rt analogy... ]

not have you alter your routine just for me.

But thanks for the thought.

I change 'em once a week whether or not I need to :-)***

Jul 2, 2020, 7:44 PM

Shhhh

Jul 2, 2020, 3:50 PM

You're bound to offend somebody with that kind of talk.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can’t wait to hear from Joe21 about this fart thing..

Jul 2, 2020, 5:01 PM

since his are obviously the oldest. LOL!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Shhhh

Jul 2, 2020, 5:06 PM [ in reply to Shhhh ]

Dear Lord, I pray we have football since our conversation has now centered around fart smelling

Re: Shhhh

Jul 2, 2020, 5:29 PM

Funnier that football

Jul 2, 2020, 6:11 PM

My, my! Where some people keep their minds!!

Jul 2, 2020, 6:26 PM

Yup, just like a screen door on a submarine. Oops, hope our Lib friends aren’t reading this. That’ll be the next great idea for our US Navy!!

Jul 2, 2020, 6:45 PM

Youre as dumb as dirt and ignorant as it gets. Just something to think about.

^^^ Thinks his f@rts don’t stink ...

Jul 2, 2020, 6:52 PM

Social distancing advised.

Re: ^^^ Thinks his f@rts don’t stink ...

Jul 2, 2020, 6:58 PM

^^^Thinks being an ignorant moron is cool.

^^^ Thinks getting panties in wad over joke is

Jul 2, 2020, 8:50 PM

the epitome of virtue signaling.

Re: ^^^ Thinks getting panties in wad over joke is

Jul 3, 2020, 6:57 AM

^^Thinks joking about people dying in a pandemic is funny. You're smart.

^^^ Thinks getting last word in means he WON!!

Jul 3, 2020, 9:51 AM

... and yes, I realize the irony. Your turn.

Jul 2, 2020, 6:56 PM [ in reply to Re: A mask stops Covid like your underwear stops a F@RT ... ]

Dont waste your time carl. They are clueless. And very selfish.

Jul 2, 2020, 7:08 PM

Maybe so, but I’d still prefer for you to wear both if you come around me. TIA

Gives a whole new meaning to "silent but deadly."***

Jul 2, 2020, 9:06 PM

It Will Stop a SHART Though***

Jul 3, 2020, 12:02 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Box of masks I bought over the weekend

Jul 3, 2020, 10:00 AM

plainly says WILL NOT PREVENT COVID19 on the box.

Replies: 47
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic