Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Ace in the Hole
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Ace in the Hole

Aug 28, 2018, 9:17 AM

All this negativity about a senior getting the nod after he led his team to the playoffs the year before is very cootlike in my opinion. Yes Trevor Lawrence is going to be something special and will be the superstar in the near future but in reality for now he is Dabo's ultimate Ace in the Hole, ace up the sleeve or however you want to phrase it. If a game calls for a change of direction I believe thats when we can best use Trevor. maybe it happens at A&M maybe at FSU maybe we can keep our cards hidden until Bama. The less footage they have of TL is better for us. They cant decode his tendencies and try to shut them down. Although I believe TL like DW will just adjust to make creating a stop plan just a detour.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Somebody has to walk out on the field first...

Aug 28, 2018, 9:20 AM

At the end of the day, it really doesn't matter.

They're both going to play extensively.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Somebody has to walk out on the field first...

Aug 28, 2018, 9:34 AM

No argument to that statement either

I expect to see all three...***

Aug 28, 2018, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Somebody has to walk out on the field first... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Shhh one of the Defensive players said TL threw a pick

Aug 28, 2018, 11:56 AM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: Shhh Kent St, BC (x2), WF, NC St, S Car, and Bama

Aug 28, 2018, 12:09 PM

said Bryant threw a pick. Don't tell.

Well, TL hasn't thrown a TD against any of them either

Aug 28, 2018, 12:30 PM

What to do...

Clemson

TL can learn while he earns.

Aug 28, 2018, 11:59 AM

At the speed which he will progress during the regular season they'll have plenty of stuff on him yet won't have a clue what's coming.

TL has been special his entire life. He will be the most successful QB in our history if he stays half way healthy, imo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You think this is bad.

Aug 28, 2018, 12:01 PM

Wait until he has a couple stalled drives or god forbid throws an INT. You'll have people wearing orange in death valley actually "boo" him.

Those people should probably be punched in the face by their neighbors, but it's still going to happen, and it's going to be a really ###### look.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: You think this is bad.

Aug 28, 2018, 12:20 PM

In yonder years the one thing I was always proud of with our fans was that they never booed their own team. That distinction was left to scar and other teams. That obviously has changed over the years, but we could have a record setting team and season this year, regardless of who plays or starts. Kelley has worked his a$$ off to be our starter. He outworked a five star who transferred to Northwestern and two four stars that also transferred. He won’t be perfect, there will be incomplete passes, drops and interceptions, and may smell like ####, but he is our ####. Kelley and the rest have endured training that 99.99% of us could never do in our healthiest days. These are still kids (young men) their minds and bodies are still growing. They don’t get paid millions to be out there. As Tiger fans let’s give as much to them each time they take the field as they have given to Clemson. Booing has no place at Clemson University

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: You think this is bad.

Aug 28, 2018, 12:51 PM [ in reply to You think this is bad. ]

In yonder years the one thing I was always proud of with our fans was that they never booed their own team. That distinction was left to scar and other teams. That obviously has changed over the years, but we could have a record setting team and season this year, regardless of who plays or starts. Kelley has worked his a$$ off to be our starter. He outworked a five star who transferred to Northwestern and two four stars that also transferred. He won’t be perfect, there will be incomplete passes, drops and interceptions, and may smell like ####, but he is our ####. Kelley and the rest have endured training that 99.99% of us could never do in our healthiest days. These are still kids (young men) their minds and bodies are still growing. They don’t get paid millions to be out there. As Tiger fans let’s give as much to them each time they take the field as they have given to Clemson. Booing has no place at Clemson University

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Re: Ace in the Hole

Aug 28, 2018, 12:03 PM

Japruitt04 said:

Trevor Lawrence is going to be something special and will be the superstar in the near future

no1 knows this.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Ace in the Hole

Aug 28, 2018, 12:12 PM

I think it's funny you guys mock people saying they want KB to fail, then go around sounding like you expect the freshman to fail. Yeah, I'm sure he'd be neck and neck with Bryant in the camps to where Elliott said the difference is mainly just experience-related, but still suck. smdh

I don't think anyone wants either to fail.

Aug 28, 2018, 12:16 PM

We sure have cultivated some spoiled ### fans here of late.

GO TIGERS!!

I dont expect anything out of clemson athletics

Aug 28, 2018, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Ace in the Hole ]

except they follow rules ,
and my seats are empty when i show up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

I will be more interested to see who starts at TAMU

Aug 28, 2018, 12:05 PM

I think Kelly has earned the first snap. Maybe give him 3 possessions, Trevor 3 possessions and let Brice have the rest of them, then choose a week 2 starter based on week 1 performance.

Does anyone actually believe that the coaches

Aug 28, 2018, 2:35 PM

G.A.F. about our opinions on position competitions (rhetorical).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic