Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Baton Rouge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 94
| visibility 1

Baton Rouge

Jul 17, 2016, 11:48 AM

More police shootings. Good Lord, what are we coming to?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Baton Rouge

Jul 17, 2016, 11:49 AM

Anarchy in the streets

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 17, 2016, 11:57 AM

we will get the police state we deserve.

Show me your papers please.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kinda of like hoping for a substitute teacher

Jul 17, 2016, 12:02 PM

and once you get it realizing what you had was better.

A more apt anaology..getting a asubsitiute teacher for day

Jul 17, 2016, 12:22 PM

one and two, then realizing that you took a bit too much adavantage when you walk into the classroom and your sub for day three is the angry School Principal.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

when mobs get away with pelting officers with bricks and

Jul 17, 2016, 11:59 AM

bottles and lynching people leaving political rallies, and these very mobs are enabled by "mainstream" rhetoric, and police actions are demonized before the facts come in (and often still demonized AFTER exoneration) by the same "mainstream, none of this should be surprising.

It is only going to get worse, the country is divided on who the bad guys are. The culture can't be repaired.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: when mobs get away with pelting officers with bricks and

Jul 17, 2016, 1:43 PM

Of course the culture can be repaired. Perhaps you aren't old enough to remember the march across the Edmund Pettis bridge or the violence at the 1968 Democratic convention in Chicago. Those were far worse times then now. We healed then and we'll heal now.

It is my belief that in spite of our differences, underlying our culture is a deep love for this country. Our countries reaction, black or white, liberal or conservative, proved that after 911. Even people in the south cried for their brothers in the north.

We are fluid society that has growing pains from time to time. As the value of human life increases...so to do the tensions.

Dating back to 1776, this day is a mere bump in the road.

Go Tigers!

Re: when mobs get away with pelting officers with bricks and

Jul 17, 2016, 2:26 PM [ in reply to when mobs get away with pelting officers with bricks and ]

true tiger: you hit the nail on the head. Can't have a president of this country siding with the outlaws and that has been what he has done from the beginning.

Sad how far the country has fallen but you still have those

Jul 17, 2016, 3:11 PM

with their head in the sand.

Re: Sad how far the country has fallen but you still have those

Jul 17, 2016, 3:42 PM

they only vote for what they can take from those that EARNED it!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At some point the federal goverment will take action and it

Jul 18, 2016, 8:49 AM [ in reply to when mobs get away with pelting officers with bricks and ]

won't be pretty !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2016, 12:06 PM

3 dead and 5 shot, what a tragedy.
Our country is in need of prayer and for Americans to stand up for the principles our country was founded on, beginning with the rule of law.

Jul 17, 2016, 12:09 PM

Hold on for a bumpy ride .

Re: Black Panthers are busy this week***

Jul 17, 2016, 12:10 PM

Jul 17, 2016, 12:10 PM

And Obama has invited a group of BLM activists to the White House. Perhaps he can use this opportunity to congratulate them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2016, 10:24 PM

Do you believe your own drivel?

He did invite BLM to the White House. Why is that drivel?***

Jul 18, 2016, 1:12 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Open season on da po po. Very sad.

Jul 17, 2016, 12:14 PM

And scary. And a result of reaping what's been sown.

And this "Birth of a Nation" flick that's coming out won't help any. I am old enough to remember the violence after the original Roots. Roots wasn't shire compared to this coming flick.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2016, 12:32 PM

From now on any kind of protest about black lives matter or any of that nonsense .
Need to be shut down immediately , this crap is noting but an excuse for thugs to be thugs.
There is less than 1% chance a Cop is going to kill somebody for the #### of it.

Jul 17, 2016, 12:46 PM

Its a mess, regardless of where you stand politically, or whether you are black or white. I pray it gets better - but sadly I think it will probably get worse.

Seems the media and political leaders are doing their best to divide our country down racial and political lines. Sadly, they are succedding. Our country is the most devisive I've seen it in my 40 years.

Message was edited by: gville76®

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

Jul 17, 2016, 12:56 PM

Yep it's only going to make it worse for the good people, black and white.
Cops are going to being killing lots of people if this mess keeps on.

Jul 17, 2016, 1:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Baton Rouge ]

Agree with what you say...

Also I make note is this. It's not white people out there you are seeing on these streets causing trouble. No wants to seem to state the obvious in that regard at any political level. Protesting an injustice is completely different that acting like a bunch of dingalings when the actual FaCTS do not fit their motives or beliefs. That's why this country is sad because you have a bunch of black folks that think the country hates them when in fact the stats prove to not even remotely close to support that theory.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jul 17, 2016, 1:13 PM

Helter Skelter??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2016, 1:16 PM

Sure. Why not.

But I like to think that the majority are more sided with laying down their arms as I opposed to a race war.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Jul 17, 2016, 1:21 PM

I sure hope so....and I fully believe calmer, wiser heads will soon prevail.....but at some penal institution in Calif., the psychopath Chuckie Manson is probably paying close attention to all this lunacy.

Jul 17, 2016, 1:31 PM

Probably the one and only thing I've ever agreed with President Obama was when he said that the country is not as divided as people think.

The media is to blame for that.

Obama is to blame. He started it when he said the two Boston

Jul 17, 2016, 8:18 PM

cops were stupid. He said it before he even got the facts. He added to it when he said, "If I had a son, he would look just like Trayvon". He could just have easily said, " If I had a son, he would look just like Micah Johnson".

Re: Obama is to blame. He started it when he said the two Boston

Jul 17, 2016, 11:15 PM

No he did not and what he said was about his imaginary son was accurate,,, he would have looked like and been a black male.

!!

Jul 17, 2016, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Baton Rouge ]

IF (and I hope not) there is a race war, the loss of life will neb huge. Having said that, there is absolutely no doubt who wins!!

Jul 17, 2016, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Baton Rouge ]

I agree with what you're saying, and you're correct in stating in wont be reported that way. But I dont think thats the bigger issue. The bigger issue is 99% of black and white people get along and co-exist just fine. I would say an even higher percentage of gun owners obey gun laws and do not cause any problems.

Its very sad how the media sensationalizes gun use and race relations. They take the most extreme and worst situations and use it for an agenda. What is their desired end result? I'm not completely sure.

Jul 17, 2016, 1:29 PM

Race, guns, and violence sells...

Mix that theory in with the liberal media and we are at where we are at. The worst thing imaginable is a news network with ties to a specific political party or interest group...and that's exactly what we have in America. Resources for each party to push our their agendas to American public.

Jul 17, 2016, 1:35 PM

Agree mostly with what you say, but I think it extends beyond just one party line. Its rampant on both sides. Thats part of the problem. The division between republicans and democrats is by far greater than it has ever been. In actuality though, the two parties are closer than they have ever been as far as their policies go. Other than a few key issues, there are very few differences between the two.

Jul 17, 2016, 1:43 PM

Oh it most definitely is rampant on both sides. But which side is the one that's inciting the most violence?

Jul 17, 2016, 1:58 PM

> Oh it most definitely is rampant on both sides. But
> which side is the one that's inciting the most
> violence?

I think that the Media plays a far bigger role than most think. 24 hr news channels are set up to cover wars and large events like 911. When there aren't big stories like that they have to gin up viewership in order to keep ratings up. The more viewers=the more they can charge for ads. It's the way broadcast works. Fox does it, CNN does it and MSNBC certainly does it. Day after day, night after night, all these networks put up commentator after commentator to attack or defend one side or the other.

Ask yourself this question; of all the people you know, whether your liberal, conservative, Republican or Democrat, how many of your friends hold beliefs that are in stark contrast to your own? But your still friends with them, play softball with them and go to church with them. But to hear the Media tell it, we're all at each others throats. They do it to make money. Advertising revenues are based on viewership. It's basically about money for them. The saying in broadcasting? "If it bleeds it leads".

I spent 14 years in broadcasting. Unfortunately, these days, money has replaced any semblance of objective journalism.

Jul 17, 2016, 2:00 PM

Agree 1,000%...

Jul 17, 2016, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Baton Rouge ]

Spot on Felix2

Jul 17, 2016, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Baton Rouge ]

This country has been divided since the early 60's. Reading all of the responses to the original post is clear evidence it is still divided. The 24/7 news services, Twitter and other forms of social media exacerbate the divide Futher add to that it is a presedential election year and you have the perfect storm. We have to respect each other and we need to have the exact expectations and accountability of everyone regardless of race, religion or ethnicity. Once we treat one group differently or hold one group to a different level of accountability we perpetuate the divide. Not everyone will have the same economic station in life, the same education but everyone should be treated with the same respect and accountability.

Jul 17, 2016, 2:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Baton Rouge ]

> From now on any kind of protest about black lives
> matter or any of that nonsense .
> Need to be shut down immediately , this crap is
> noting but an excuse for thugs to be thugs.
> There is less than 1% chance a Cop is going to kill
> somebody for the #### of it.

Have they identified the shooter/shooters as black? It happened at Hammond Aire Shopping Cente which is a mile from the police station. Could have been a robbery gone bad....

But you assume BLM has something to do with it? The fact is that BLM has the most to lose from attacks on police. Killing police completely de-legitimizes their cause and brings rage and criticism on them.

Sorta like you just did. ;)

Jul 17, 2016, 2:58 PM

I'm not assuming nothing, there is not a problem in the US as for Cops killing black people.
BLM should not be allowed to cause any more problems.
They are protesting something that is isolated and not a major problem in the US.
In the few rare cases , the Cops are punished.
The problem right now is the BLM protests that are leading to laws being broke and people being killed.

Jul 17, 2016, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Re: Baton Rouge ]

Yes, it's just as likely that it was one of those dangerous Amish extremists.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Reports so far...

Jul 17, 2016, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Baton Rouge ]

sure sound like the slain officers were ambushed. No report of a robbery. One of the perps is dead. Description of the perp made him sound para-military. We'll see how it unfolds.

The way you're talking it sounds like you equate BLM and similar groups with MLK and the civil rights protesters of the 60's, and you expect comparable conduct from BLM in 2016. Is that correct? And if so, how much crack have you been smoking?

Re: Reports so far...

Jul 17, 2016, 3:26 PM

I don't equate BLM with MLK at all, as I didn't equate Malcom X with King. Among many differences the BLM is founded by women after George Zimmerman was aquitted. I haven't yet seen, and correct me if I'm wrong, the BLM advocating killing cops or anyone else. All movements have their idiots and fringe folk though and I'm sure you'll find the KKK equivalent in BLM if you look hard enough.

I do, however, remember the white resistance to the civil rights movement. It was systemic, institutional and elements of it still remain today. When Johnson pressed to have 1 black woman, 1, at the 1964 Democratic Convention, 3 southern states delegates walked out. The South was historically Democrat until the civil rights movement. After Kennedy and Johnson pushed for the 1964 Civil Rights Act, most All southern states moved to the Republican Party. It's still that way today.

No crack smoking here. All I'm saying is that Cop Killing harms the BLM movement and they know it. My mention of the Edmund Pettit Bridge and the 1968 Democratic Convention was mostly for context and perspective. No killing of a cop or an innocent civilian is ever justified.

That is unless, apparently, you happen to be walking down a street in Yemen near a house targeted by a U.S. Drone

Re: Reports so far...

Jul 17, 2016, 3:31 PM

All I can tell you is go to YouTube and watch some BLM videos.
You might change your mind a bit.

It's clear who they are...

Jul 17, 2016, 3:44 PM

what they're about, and their complicity in the lies and atrocities being perpetrated on law enforcement in this country. Anyone denying that at this point is terribly naive, lying, or is gullible enough to believe the pravda-esque mainstream media.

At this point there's no reason to expect any honesty or integrity from the American political left. Just look at who they would elect as our next president. That's all you need to know.

Re: It's clear who they are...

Jul 17, 2016, 3:54 PM

The Ex Gov of LA just said on CNN "no doubt they were ambushed ".
Anderson Cooper looked like he saw a ghost when that was said.

if I could figure out to get my Motor Home to SPAIN

Jul 17, 2016, 3:57 PM [ in reply to It's clear who they are... ]

I'd leave b/4 January swearing in of Cheating-Lying Hillary..with Billy Boy back in the White House where he knows every closet to do IT in!

Why Spain..have connections on an island there that say the living is unreal pleasant, friendly, warm, sunny and 1/3 to 1/2 the price here..and no police shootings or bad people.

Of course, Spain is near bankrupt i hear.

NO, i'm disclosing anymore secret infO! LoL

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ANd full of Muslims.***

Jul 17, 2016, 8:22 PM

Re: if I could figure out to get my Motor Home to SPAIN

Jul 17, 2016, 9:58 PM [ in reply to if I could figure out to get my Motor Home to SPAIN ]

U can get it shipped.. lots of $$$$

Jul 17, 2016, 4:38 PM [ in reply to It's clear who they are... ]

I think that is over generalizing. To hear white people tell it there is no racial problem in this country, black people just need to stop saying that.

Most on the political left don't like Hillary anymore than you do. But if your going to point fingers, 4 are pointed right back at you and Trump. 58% of Republicans would prefer someone other than Trump. And if a primary where most were closed to Independents, Sanders 45% of the vote. The bizarre thing about this race is that each candidates best hope for being elected is the other candidate. Not what's best for Americans but rather 'vote against the other candidate". Never saw this coming.

In a sense we're on the same side. Neither of us like the state of the country, the political system as it is and the unrest among the population. The only question is are we going to blame each other for it. Those who do, are merely being manipulated by the talking heads on tv.

That's just a lie!

Jul 17, 2016, 4:58 PM

The political left has empowered the Clintons!! They've supported her as a useless senator and a more than useless SOS. Hill and Bill are the absolute archetypical democrats, and only the occupy/communist/anarchist/weed-addled/brain dead Bernie supporters oppose them. If that's not the case, let's see how many "protests" there will be at the democratic convention! A bunch of lying hypocrites.

Your constant denial and re-direction is pathetic. Just be honest for once; you're in favor of whatever furthers the Alinsky strategy being employed by Obama, the Clintons, and main stream leftist media, including these atrocities. All a part of the revolution, right? All a part of the struggle. Quid pro quo for the injustices of the 60's that you listed, right?

Re: That's just a lie!

Jul 17, 2016, 5:29 PM

Flying Tiger, look, I don't know you. But clearly you have a HUGE emotional investment in your viewpoints. Just remember, it's just your opinion dude. You lace your thoughts with phrasing like "if you disagree with me your smoking crack, or "your lying, naive or gullible". Chill, your not that smart. And by the way, I had to look up Alinsky's strategy, I'd never heard of it. But interestingly I found that Rule #5: RULE 5: “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating... you seem to have embraced that one, though with little effect.

I respect your right to have your opinion. But you don't know me or anything about me. You're railing on an anonymous board about how superior your particular wisdom is.

Relax, the world is not against you. People who disagree with you are not against America. Smart, sincere, well-intentioned people disagree on a whole range of issues without insulting each other. You don't appear to be able to do that. Good luck to you. Peace to you and yours.

Just spare me your insincerity

Jul 17, 2016, 5:41 PM

I don't know you; but based on your repeated referral back to things that happened 50+ years ago and your assertion that BLM is just a group of concerned women morning Trayvon, I believe you're either naive or dishonest given what's unfolding in this country now.

Re: Just spare me your insincerity

Jul 17, 2016, 5:45 PM

No, I lived though 50 years ago. And I'm neither naive or dishonest. You just can't seem to help yourself. You have to believe that if I disagree with you there must be something wrong with me. You just can't bring yourself to believe that smart people disagree with you. I'm just not willing to make a huge jump, as you appear to be, between BLM and the acts of mentally ill lone gunmen. It's just too easy, life is more complicated than that.

I remember when 500,000 people marched on Washington to end the war in Vietnam. 500,000!!!

What we're seeing today is anything but the harbinger of the end of America. Compared to our history, this is merely a bump in the road.

I hope you have a nice evening, enjoyed the chat...sorta.

Jul 17, 2016, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: It's clear who they are... ]

The racism goes both ways....

African Americans or any race for that matter are not denied anything in this country in 2016.

And Obama will schedule another conference where he'll

Jul 17, 2016, 12:44 PM

start off sounding all conciliatory before pulling out the can of gasoline to toss it on the fire.

Every speech he makes encourages discord and violence. Our Divider in Chief.

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

Re: And Obama will schedule another conference where he'll

Jul 17, 2016, 1:01 PM

Yep and don't forget he will blame it on the guns and not the individuals. Then give his support to the protestors.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 17, 2016, 2:11 PM [ in reply to And Obama will schedule another conference where he'll ]

great post.. all true!! sad but true

I will say this...he released a statement that was condeming

Jul 17, 2016, 3:24 PM

the violence, and without equivocation, for the first time. There were no "We're all guilty, including police depts..". So I'll give him credit for that. he finally said what should be said.

He has to walk a very fine line though, because his

Jul 17, 2016, 5:21 PM

"legacy" is dependent upon almost his almost total justification of any and all black rage directed at whites.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

His legacy is going to be that America elected his sorry a$$

Jul 17, 2016, 8:28 PM

TWICE!!!!!

Jul 17, 2016, 3:33 PM [ in reply to Re: And Obama will schedule another conference where he'll ]

Good thing it isn't Bush or we would be in another war!

Jul 17, 2016, 3:34 PM

unfortunally the cops are in another war

Jul 17, 2016, 3:44 PM [ in reply to Re: And Obama will schedule another conference where he'll ]

we ARE IN A WAR!! obama just refuses to win! he just lets his muslim brothers in to kill more of us!

We have been at war since 9/11. Some just don't know it yet.***

Jul 18, 2016, 1:29 PM [ in reply to Re: And Obama will schedule another conference where he'll ]

Re: We have been at war since 9/11. Some just don't know it yet.***

Jul 18, 2016, 3:52 PM

That's true. There are several wars. The obvious in the middle east. But domestically, things are only going to get worse because the vast majority of American's are hurting financially. When the effective wage hasn't risen in 18 years, people react to it. Many have lost faith in our government. Given that deep frustration and fear, they're going to strike out emotionally, physically politically or whatever way they can find. There is no way there would have been a Bernie Sanders and a Donald Trump taken seriously as presidential candidates 20 years ago....just ask Ralph Nader.

Of the 15,000,000 jobs created under Obama's terms only 11% have gone to people without a college education. It used to be, people could get out of high school, go to work at the same plant or factory their daddy did and live a nice, fairly comfortable middle class life.

That's not that easy anymore. Since Nafta 55,000 U.S. manufacturing plants have either closed or moved overseas.

Our problems are complex, deeply enmeshed and I fear that a Class War is just in it's beginning stages. I hope not.

God Bless America

Jul 17, 2016, 1:01 PM

I'm not real sure she can weather this to the end.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

That is not what Rev. Wright said.***

Jul 17, 2016, 1:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is what happens to a country led by liberals***

Jul 17, 2016, 1:52 PM

Re: This is what happens to a country led by liberals***

Jul 17, 2016, 1:57 PM

You do understand that both Houses of Congress are led by the Republican Party

What's the President?

Jul 17, 2016, 2:04 PM [ in reply to Re: This is what happens to a country led by liberals*** ]

This is all about Obama. He sides with the protesters at every turn, then when one of them acts out against the cops, he'll call him "demented" and blame guns. Then get right back to supporting the BLM crowd. It's what he does.

Jul 17, 2016, 4:43 PM

And the NRA continues to pile cash into political coffers as fast as they can. I'm just saying.

When a presidential candidate has said in back rooms she

Jul 18, 2016, 1:32 PM

would like to be able to into homes and take guns then yes, I hope the NRA is filling coffers.

you do understand that the GOP is not conservative?

Jul 17, 2016, 2:40 PM [ in reply to Re: This is what happens to a country led by liberals*** ]

Dems and GOP are two sides of the same, big government control, coin.

The elites rule the little people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

the budget surpluses and economic boom in the 1990's, was it

Jul 18, 2016, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: This is what happens to a country led by liberals*** ]

due to Bill Clinton or the Republican Congress?

just curious if you are consistent, not that you need to be of course.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jul 17, 2016, 2:06 PM [ in reply to This is what happens to a country led by liberals*** ]

Not to confuse a good story with the facts, but both the House and Senate are controlled by Conservatives.

I don't think what happened in Baton Rouge or Dallas has anything to do with Washington. The idea that people react to what someone says about a tragic event, rather than to the tragic event itself is ludicrous.

I think all of Washington is scratching their heads trying to figure out what to do. And in true American tradition, if you can't figure it out....or recognize it for what it is...you merely attach the other side to make your constituents think your actually doing something.

I think we should throw them all out and start fresh.....and install term limits.

Jul 17, 2016, 2:53 PM

The fact Republicans are in the majority doesn't mean conservatives are in control. The GOP as a whole is full of statists who LOATHE traditional conservative principals. They are not much different than the radicals in the Democrat party as far as ideology is concerned. Note how little protest they put up against Obama for 8 years compared to the recent examples of how they couldn't contain their disdain for Cruz or Trump.

Republicans like John McCain and Lindsey Graham are perceived by many as the alternative to the radicals across the aisle because they occasionally pay lip service to appear so. They do this not because of what they believe; rather, they realize who their constituents are. They put on a show or feign protest to stay in power.

Hypothetically, If one could flip a magic switch today and transform the values of Graham's region into that of Cambridge, Massachusetts, good ole Lindsey would become like Ted Kennedy tomorrow....and he would LOVE to do so. Yet dumb folks keep voting for him despite his true colors because they are too lazy to observe his actions and hold him accountable. It is too easy to think the "R" by his name means he is conservative.

Jul 17, 2016, 3:40 PM

good post.. it is way past time for us to get rid of worthless lindsey! he is a democrat!!!!!!!!!!

#### Right! Crooked Lindsay.***

Jul 17, 2016, 8:31 PM

Martial law is what Obama has been hoping. Getting close***

Sure is. He can claim and stay in office indefinitely

Jul 17, 2016, 2:48 PM

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

How far we have fallen during the Obama years!

Jul 17, 2016, 4:45 PM

NM

Re: How far we have fallen during the Obama years!

Jul 17, 2016, 5:15 PM

Let's see how far we've fallen since Obama took office:

Homicides down 13%

Violent crime down 16%

Gun Buyer Background checks up 58%

Jobs added 9,265,000 (this includes when he took office and 700,000 jobs were being lost per month - politifact.com)

Unemployment rate down from 10% (oct.2009) to 5% (Jan 2016)

Long term unemployed down by 614,000

Job openings up 97%

Corporate Profits up 166%

S&P Markets up 139 points (401K's tied to S&P)

U.S. Crude Oil Production up 87%

Uninsured down by 15.3 million

Petroleum Imports down by 62% (reliance on foreign oil)

Wind and Solar Power up by 273%

Real Weekly Earnings up by 3.4% (no where near good enough)

Exports of Goods and Services up 31%.

[Factcheck.org, Jan 2016]

So, we have fallen some from Bill Clinton's numbers. Bush's were attrocious and led to the worst recession since 1929. But hey, nobody's perfect.

In spite of the facts, the conservatives and Fox News continue to tell everyone that the U.S. has fallen into the depths. It gets viewers which add to their wallet...but it's not born out by the facts. Besides, how can you possibly put a Republican into the White House (if Trump actually is one) if your message is that everything is hunky-dory.

Of course, if it were a Republican in the White House MSNBC and CNN would be pedaling the same message. We just have to look for the facts instead of turning our brains over to Sean Hannity.

IMHO

Jul 17, 2016, 6:50 PM

Amen The people who cling to Trump are the ones who do not want to think. Their lives are not where they want them to be and instead of looking into the mirror for the answers they have to have somebody to blame and Trump will tell them what they want to hear.

He was definitely an uprade on W, even if it's soley because

Jul 17, 2016, 7:23 PM [ in reply to Re: How far we have fallen during the Obama years! ]

W took us to the debacle in Iraq. That alone makes Obama an upgrade.

Jul 18, 2016, 7:45 AM [ in reply to Re: How far we have fallen during the Obama years! ]

Be careful Felix. The 'conservatives' don't handle the truth very well

Jul 17, 2016, 10:04 PM [ in reply to How far we have fallen during the Obama years! ]

this is what the deadbeats want.. just keep taking from the productive and giving to the nonproductive what the productive work for and U have what the demos/libs want

Jul 17, 2016, 7:53 PM

I recently read that an average of 4,472 black men killed other black men on an annual basis between 2009 and 2012. During that same time there were an average of 112 justified and unjustified police related killings annually.

This makes me sad. Black lives do matter. But it is not just the police that need to know it.

There is such anger and hate in this world these days. I wish I knew how to fix it. All I can do is try not to let the hate get to me and treat people how I want to be treated to the best of my abilities.

These are sad days for this country...and internationally.

You are correct tenn lady

Jul 18, 2016, 7:48 AM

Hate runs rampart in America and tnet has its share Sad

Jul 17, 2016, 10:08 PM

I guess black cop lives don't matter

Well, Obama has gotten everything he sought out to...

Jul 17, 2016, 11:27 PM

Accomplish. He and his globalist pals who view America and her Constitution as the root of the worlds ills and an impediment to his utopian view are privately smiling.

As predicted, Saul Alinsky's teaching are alive and well. It will be Obama Chapter two if Hillary gets elected.

All I can say is, keep buying as much ammo as you can because it's already past the point where we can fix this thing.

Oh yea, isn't it interesting that The Black Lives Matter crowd is so Butt Hurt about America and yet you can't keep Africans from getting out of the dark continent fast enough to come to The US. Same for the Mexicans....

When is the light going to be directed to the leaders of those dumps who create the oppressive environments where their populations can't get out fast enough...white man will get angry at some point and he's the one with all the weapons and knows how to use them. It ain't gonna be pretty folks.

We don't need martial law. We need Jesus

Jul 18, 2016, 9:41 AM

This country has turned its back on the moral compass that made it great.

Re: We don't need martial law. We need Jesus

Jul 18, 2016, 10:04 AM

agree!! however, we also need to get that kenyan muslim out of the white house.. he is causing lots of these problems by not coming out and calling black lives matter a terrorist organization like it is!! also he needs to come down HARD on the black panthers and Louie farachan(sp?)

Re: We don't need martial law. We need Jesus

Jul 18, 2016, 12:24 PM

Felix2 has turned his brain over to Obama, Al Sharpton, Jessa Jackson, Harry Reid, James Clyburn, and Loretta Lynch. That is something to be proud of. Got some land I want to sell you Felix.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks 2000!

Jul 18, 2016, 3:44 PM

Some of the others around here don't think I even HAVE a brain. :)

Actually, I'm a fan of Noam Chomsky, John Kasich, and sometimes George Will.

Replies: 94
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic