Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Going by the Look on Chris Fowler's Face
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Going by the Look on Chris Fowler's Face

Jul 14, 2020, 9:25 AM

we will need a 4th and 37

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's definitely got a face for radio!***

Jul 14, 2020, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well, that doesn't matter these days. Just look at Finebaum.

Jul 14, 2020, 10:02 AM

:(

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Going by the Look on Chris Fowler's Face

Jul 14, 2020, 9:29 AM

Interesting how he would put the "z" in Clemson for years to annoy us. Once we became good on a sustain basis he quit playing that game. He is pretty weak at PBP and seems like a real prima donna

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good point about the "z." It seems that all media people...

Jul 14, 2020, 9:55 AM

who don't like us persist in the "z" sound even though they know we don't pronounce Clemson that way. You're right - it's just to be difficult.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Going by the Look on Chris Fowler's Face ]

I actually recall hearing him talk about this before. I can't remember his exact words, but he said that was the way it came out when he pronounced Clemson. He said that he had so many Clemson fans come up to him to correct the way he said it that he worked on pronouncing it correctly. I didn't get the impression that it was on purpose at all. I'm sure some will choose to not believe him, but I personally like to give people the benefit of the doubt.

Jul 14, 2020, 10:54 AM

about as believable as that the Untuckit shirt is some great fashion design breakthrough. He is a professional broadcaster. There was no excuse for it

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 1:46 PM

I don't think a broadcaster has to be perfect though. You mentioned above that he started saying it correctly once we got really good. Something else that happened as we got good was that we've had more major games, and we've been in the major conversation more often. In other words, he had to start saying it more often, and would also come across more Clemson fans. I just don't think it makes sense that a broadcaster would randomly decide he wanted to purposely mispronounce Clemson just to annoy Clemson fans, but then would start saying it correctly because those same Clemson fans corrected him.

Jul 14, 2020, 9:40 AM

He could be the "Before" picture for constipation products.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 1:16 PM

After:

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Well, I hope Ken Hatfield doesn't call the offensive play.

Jul 14, 2020, 9:54 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Whatever do you mean? Hatfield was offensive without even

Jul 14, 2020, 10:03 AM

trying to be!

Re: Well, I hope Ken Hatfield doesn't call the offensive play.

Jul 14, 2020, 10:15 AM [ in reply to Well, I hope Ken Hatfield doesn't call the offensive play. ]

I wonder if he has figured out that his exit from Clemson WAS a divorce, and not "merely a separation" as he claimed?

If Rob were here, he would call a Bubble Screen***

Jul 14, 2020, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Well, I hope Ken Hatfield doesn't call the offensive play. ]

Jul 14, 2020, 10:32 AM

We are about to win another national championship.

He Has a Face Made For #######***

Jul 14, 2020, 11:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ahhahahaha

Jul 14, 2020, 11:28 AM

the word B*kkake is blocked

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 14, 2020, 5:48 PM

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Jul 14, 2020, 6:02 PM

Looks like he has barbed wire up his bum.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic