Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Don't like to see anyone fired...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Don't like to see anyone fired...

Mar 15, 2017, 2:58 PM

I was sad when Bowden was fired. I was sad when Leggett was fired. These are good men that I believed loved the school and their players. I think the same is true of Brownell. However, I think we've have a large enough sample to see where we are going with this basketball program. What the administration does now will speak of their expectations and commitment to it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Post

Mar 15, 2017, 3:01 PM

I don't question any of those men's love for Clemson or that they are good men. However, at the end of the day they are an employee and expectations/goals must be met. I also understand that fan expectations and admin. expectations are not one in the same, but if you aren't improving/getting the job done it's time to go.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: Great Post

Mar 15, 2017, 4:16 PM

Can't argue with that!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Normally I would agree that 7 years is enough of a

Mar 15, 2017, 3:10 PM

sample size, but in this case it fails to taken into account how the coaches are still trying to recover from KJ leaving unexpectedly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Tooshay...I sometimes forget also the impact...

Mar 15, 2017, 3:13 PM

of not having a homecourt last year on this year's results.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And OP leaving the cupboard bare

Mar 15, 2017, 3:15 PM

after leaving in the middle of the night

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Dont forget aboutnour lack of support from students...

Mar 16, 2017, 4:50 PM

Kids at Clemson these days have wayyy too much homework and quizzes and tests and projects and wayyy too poor cell phone reception in LJC to make it to the games

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And OP leaving the cupboard bare

Mar 16, 2017, 11:45 PM [ in reply to And OP leaving the cupboard bare ]

Seven long years should have put more meat and potatoes in the cupboard, just saying!!!

Brad just needs a few more years to bring in his style of players

Mar 15, 2017, 3:22 PM [ in reply to Normally I would agree that 7 years is enough of a ]

And then if we still don't see any improvement, a couple more years just to be sure. Then we can fire him if we have a few down years in a row. Seven years is much too soon to make any rash decisions.

Message was edited by: CTiger423®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Normally I would agree that 7 years is enough of a

Mar 15, 2017, 4:17 PM [ in reply to Normally I would agree that 7 years is enough of a ]

That was years ago. Another excuse!

Mar 15, 2017, 4:18 PM

You arent very smart are you kid.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

I think you need a timeout***

Mar 15, 2017, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: Normally I would agree that 7 years is enough of a ]

Mar 16, 2017, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Normally I would agree that 7 years is enough of a ]

Years ago! Another excuse!

Mar 16, 2017, 4:48 PM

Yes we saw you post that a full day ago...

You aren't very smart are you?

I don't know much about bball nor do I care to but how in

Mar 15, 2017, 3:12 PM

the heck do you go about blowing a twenty point lead in the second half of a basketball game? Is it easy to do? Is the coach really that much to blame? Does the coach actually "coach" that much during games? Please explain

anybody could have done that...

it's the Raiders for Pete's sake!

lol the 2nd half-we did it in 9 minutes***

Mar 16, 2017, 7:51 PM [ in reply to I don't know much about bball nor do I care to but how in ]

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don't like to see anyone fired...

One NIT win would have kept me quite. Quiet no more. About two years ago I pushed for Monte Lee before someone else grabbed him. It is time to grab Will Wade before we loose our chance. I don't see anyone out there with the same connections and possible love for Clemson. We need to move now for our future. We cannot afford to wait a year and let Will be picked by someone else and then we "settle" in 2018. I felt the same way about Monte, someone else was going to get him if we did not make the move. I like BB but it is now time. Sometimes it is about timing.

Every true Clemson fan desires every coach to succeed

Mar 15, 2017, 3:29 PM

but when they don't, its business. There has to be accountability for a lack of results

Re: Every true Clemson fan desires every coach to succeed

Mar 15, 2017, 4:20 PM

That's true in all sports.

Mar 15, 2017, 3:29 PM

With Bowden I felt relief. I'm sure he was fond of Clemson. But I also felt like he thought he was doing Clemson a favor by coaching here with his last name. Plus according to TDP, Tommy put the idea on the table first after the WF loss. So if true, he quit.

And he played TDP on the Arkansas job flirtation.

Hard to feel bad for a guy when he gets 1 million large (or 3.5 in Brownell's case) to leave.

May we all be so fortunate in our jobs.

Mar 15, 2017, 4:09 PM

Fire me for 3.5 million...id be ok with that.

I know what you mean though and it needs to be done.

Franc is level headed. This should be case closed now*****

Mar 15, 2017, 4:10 PM

Re: Franc is level headed. This should be case closed now*****

Mar 16, 2017, 4:36 PM

Franc is level headed...you're right...BUT Walt Dep said he shouldn't be fired (after this year)...So?
LOL

Message was edited by: CaseyKasey®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 15, 2017, 4:11 PM

Great post... 54,309 tries and you finally made one.

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

You can't disparage his tenacity***

Mar 16, 2017, 4:39 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Mar 16, 2017, 4:51 PM

Tommy Bowden was a nice guy but he could not even win a division title. I hated it for Tommy but isn't it great being national champions? The change had to be made. Leggett was too hard headed to change and he lost his job. Being a nice guy does not make you a great coach. Both were loyal to Clemson. Now we have Brownell. He's loyal and nice but has failed to make the program better. It's not personal but the good of the basketball program comes first.

Mar 16, 2017, 10:37 PM

This is the second and last time I am going to point out to you that Tommy did in fact win a divisional title at Clemson in 2009.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2017, 11:32 PM

Tiger Michael is a dirt pecking troll

You lost me at

Mar 16, 2017, 4:54 PM

"I was sad when Bowden was fired."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You lost me at

Mar 16, 2017, 4:59 PM

You enjoy seeing good people lose their job?

Well I definitely wasn't sad.

Mar 16, 2017, 5:28 PM

And I don't miss him. But not sure how you can interpret that to mean I got enjoyment from it.

Succinct, heart felt, and spot on. +1***

Mar 16, 2017, 5:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2017, 5:57 PM

> I was sad when Bowden was fired. I was sad when
> Leggett was fired. These are good men that I believed
> loved the school and their players. I think the same
> is true of Brownell. However, I think we've have a
> large enough sample to see where we are going with
> this basketball program. What the administration does
> now will speak of their expectations and commitment
> to it.

i think your post speaks to unrealistic expectations for Clemson basketball. Clemson has no natural advantage for basketball recruiting vs all the other programs out there.

And unlike football, more non P5 programs are competitive in basketball.

The larger parity in basketball only accentuates the

Mar 16, 2017, 6:07 PM

pains with the consistent run of futility under the current regime, with, to be perfectly honest, no signs of improvement on the actual coaching side.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The larger parity in basketball only accentuates the

Mar 16, 2017, 6:09 PM

i think the fact he had the team in close games consistently with teams with better talent is proof he's a good coach.

i don't think you are in any position to grade his coaching.

I appreciate your input, Mrs. Brownell, I really do.

Mar 16, 2017, 6:29 PM

Your man is a good guy for sure, and despite many fans' feelings, he has done a decent job recruiting Clemson during his time here. The problem that I see, though, is that he has not seemed to grow as a coach, in the profession.

The team has certainly shown that it has the level of talent to compete in this league, even this year with so much quality depth - kudos to CBB. We see that talent on display in fine stretches, in games and season spurts, but, and this is consistent throughout his years, his teams are far too apt to fold when the pressure tightens as the defining moments unfold. A coach should make improvements in this area as they suffer through failures. I haven't seen it.

Secondly, a big part of the gig as head coach is communicating with the fan base and program supporters. Saying you're "comfortable" with things in the face of obvious waning fan support in the stands and on the boards, and taking too many occasions through past letdowns, and there are a LOT of those to choose from, to put the heat on the players.

So though I'm in the position of sitting on my heiney, at home, tapping fingers on a message board, I can see with these two eyes that God granted me that Coach Brownell has not grown as a coach, and exhibits nothing in either his words or actions that he will improve the lot of Clemson basketball in the near or distant future.

Re: I appreciate your input, Mrs. Brownell, I really do.

Mar 16, 2017, 6:41 PM

people who jump on his comfortable comment as though he was saying he doesn't care are lynch mobbing rednecks.

his point was that he feels that the AD still supports him.

My apologies to Mrs. Brownell. She would never say anything

Mar 16, 2017, 6:50 PM

as stupid as your last post.

Re: My apologies to Mrs. Brownell. She would never say anything

Mar 16, 2017, 6:52 PM

i'm not seeing anything intelligent about you. You probably didn't even attend Clemson despite posting about CLemson sports 24-7.

Clemsonvegas = Brad's Mommie

Mar 16, 2017, 10:27 PM

Granny Brad is making millions to be a consistent loser that's why David Hood and most of the fans feel so hurt. The school we love is being robbed of millions of dollars, that's why we can love him and forgive him as a person but realize he is basically taking money(stealing) from our beloved university.

As you put it it's just a frickin game, but in reality you don't get paid millions for just a frickin game. YMCA basketball ?? is just a game but when you are paid to teach fundamentals and teamwork to the tune of multi-millions winning matters. Brad hasn't performed, just like if you or I failed at our job we'd be fired, he should be too because not only is he taking our money he is hurting the Clemson basketball program we love and hurting ticket sells and killing our reputation and recruiting. David is a pretty smart guy to say it like it is because he loves Clemson and wants us to be the best at everything. I can assure you he loves the players too and know it matters to them if they win with a winning coach.

It's time for Brad to go and take his 3.5 million dollars he doesn't deserve, I guess he hit it big in Vegas Grannie!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

I thought it was clear as well.

Jul 9, 2021, 3:39 PM [ in reply to Re: I appreciate your input, Mrs. Brownell, I really do. ]

The criticism of him, down to picking apart what he says, is indeed redneck.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Mar 16, 2017, 6:10 PM

Bad returns in coaching are the blueprint for being dismissed .
I don't like it either , but it's so important not to stagnate and wither based on loyalties and what ifs.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Jul 9, 2021, 11:58 AM

It's to late for not getting stagnant!!!

It's hard to feel bad for someone when they will

Mar 16, 2017, 7:12 PM

Receive millions for doing a mediocre coaching job. Maybe it's just me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's hard to feel bad for someone when they will

Mar 16, 2017, 7:29 PM

That last game didn't help Brownells cause. The turnout of fans were bad. I'm sure Drad noticed that. The way the players quit on Brownell was not pretty. Is Brad so comfortable now?

Re: It's hard to feel bad for someone when they will

Mar 16, 2017, 8:00 PM [ in reply to It's hard to feel bad for someone when they will ]

> Receive millions for doing a mediocre coaching job.
> Maybe it's just me

No it's me too. Don't pay millions for mediocrity

fire me for 3 mil***

Mar 16, 2017, 9:17 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 16, 2017, 11:41 PM

I feel the same as you franc, but there will always come a time when the Turkey will have to be killed before the kids starve!!!

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic