Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well Clemson FB is about where we all want it to be so let's
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1,674

Well Clemson FB is about where we all want it to be so let's

Jan 6, 2013, 1:01 PM

all do our part...like contribute to IPTAY, talk up Clemson, put some Orange or Paw stuff on our cars & bodies (like Coots do from Walmart)..and support & back our Athletic Department & Coaching Staffs anyway possible.

The recruits are seeing Tigertown as a very neat & special place to be..and the gates have opened wider than ever to embrace them into the Clemson Nation Family.

GoTiGERs..Thanks for your service & effort in 2012..so keep standing up tall & FIGHTING young Clemson Men in the trenches of the football field. And much success in 2013!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Until we beat USC, Clemson FB is not were it needs to be***

Jan 6, 2013, 1:09 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Until we beat USC, Clemson FB is not were it needs to be***

Jan 6, 2013, 1:17 PM

He did say about where it needs to be.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Until we beat USC, Clemson FB is not were it needs to be***

Jan 6, 2013, 1:21 PM

^^^^What David said.^^^^

Heading in the right direction ain't a bad start.***

Jan 6, 2013, 1:20 PM [ in reply to Until we beat USC, Clemson FB is not were it needs to be*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Clemson FB is about where we all want it to be so let's

Jan 6, 2013, 1:28 PM

Hard to find tasteful Clemson garb these days as it is has been polluted with ugly trashy looking purple combinations. Most of the stuff looks awful. Even the most of the orange and white stuff is bad. Who is in charge of licensing ... more of just anything is not good.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well Clemson FB is about where we all want it to be so let's

Jan 6, 2013, 3:12 PM

I couldn't agree more. Most alumni of a University are proud and support them when/how they can. Unfortunately, there are currently certain aspects of Clemson that this alum. chooses not to support.

I would prefer the purple be replaced with black and the University focus on marketing the stripe over the paw. I also will not be chanting "We too deep" any time soon. For a University that has such well regarded design faculty/programs, I would think they would have a better marketing strategy.

I think they could also do themselves (and the local economy) a favor by finding a local company to create (or do so from within the University) the athletic uniforms, as I'm pretty sure that a percentage of all of Nike's earnings go back into the University of Oregon.

Just some thoughts/opinions...

Thank you

Jan 6, 2013, 1:43 PM

For the positive post. Some of these people can't be happy with anything. I guess all fan bases have these naysayers gloom and doom types. It seems that some never post until they see someone excited and happy, then they try to squash it. Thanks

Re: Thank you

Jan 6, 2013, 2:19 PM

And YES they complain about team colors too!!! How the hell can you call yourself a fan when you complain about colors??? Will the nonsense ever end?!?!?!

Re: Thank you

Jan 6, 2013, 3:23 PM

Just because someone doesn't agree with the team colors, doesn't make them any less of a fan...

If the school colors are based on the mascot (a Tiger) then this fan/alum. doesn't understand why they choose to use purple instead of black. Even if they aren't based on the color of the mascot, I consider black to be more traditional, classic any way. It's much easier to find a black suit or pair of pants. (for example) I understand the desire to be different, (from a marketing perspective) but if it comes down to being tacky, (for the sake of being different), then I'll choose to let others do so.

Replies: 9
| visibility 1,674
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic