Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Well Boys, Ole Spud is back! Just had two of the worst days
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Well Boys, Ole Spud is back! Just had two of the worst days

Feb 12, 2019, 7:56 PM

ever with a bad tooth. Finally got in this morning for a wonderful root canal! I feel better than Venables did on Mullen's inside blitz to sack Tua.

Message was edited by: Spud®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Colorful analogies like that

Feb 12, 2019, 8:04 PM

Would have gotten you an A in English, back in the day! Well done...colorful...most of all..pain free!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mrs. Wilson would be proud to know her admonishments paid

Feb 12, 2019, 8:23 PM

off....

Re: Mrs. Wilson would be proud to know her admonishments paid

Feb 13, 2019, 9:56 AM

Sue Wilson?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Miss Sue Wilson. She was hard. But, she taught you how

Feb 13, 2019, 11:26 AM

to write a coherent sentence. 11th grade creative writing. I swear, I do not think many journalists now days passed the second grade.Some of the articles I read from professional writers would get a big red F in her class. I can only imagine the side note she would have written if I had ever used "Are" for "Our" like I have seen many times lately.

Re: Yep. Miss Sue Wilson. She was hard. But, she taught you how

Feb 13, 2019, 4:54 PM

One of my friends is on a committee with her at church (a good Methodist, like you .... or at least used to be)so I will pass on to her that ole Spud is still executing what she learned you!

PS: Your old buddy is still working on my dog regularly. We have spent more on her medical upkeep than we ever spent on our children!

Re: Well Boys, Ole Spud is back! Just had two of the worst days

Feb 12, 2019, 8:09 PM

Yeah, drugs can be a wunnerful thing! LOL! JK, sorry you wuz in pain. Thought it was gonna be a fishin story!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After pretty good pain Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I got

Feb 12, 2019, 8:29 PM

my dentist to call in something to Publix. Hydrocodone I think. I took one dose but it was like taking a sugar pill. Went back to liquid advil and now, this evening...I am once again drug free....well, except for the antibiotics....

Friday is always the day things go badly for me

Feb 12, 2019, 8:44 PM

I have broken 2 teeth (once on ice cream of all things), started a bout with diverticulitis, food poisoning, and a case of the shingles. Waiting until Monday was out of the question with a couple of those so the ER seems to always get my business.

Re: After pretty good pain Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I got

Feb 13, 2019, 5:03 PM [ in reply to After pretty good pain Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, I got ]

Wait till you get the bill . Your pain will come back .

Feb 12, 2019, 8:12 PM

Admit it was that “fun” kind of torture pain! Tooth pain is terrible. Nothing other than novicane can touch it. Glad you are better.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 8:30 PM

I had a tooth implant a couple of years back and after about 5 shots of Novicane, I just gave up and let the doc drill into my jawbone with the pain worse than any toothache I ever had. When he asked me if it was okay after finishing, he couldn't believe it when I told him I was tired of the shots not working and decided to ride it out.

Message was edited by: clover65®

Feb 12, 2019, 8:37 PM

That’s epic man. Had an Abcess once and the pain was god awful. Can’t imagine it not working and suffering through!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 10:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Well Boys, Ole Spud is back! Just had two of the worst days ]

They don't put you to sleep for implants? About 40 years ago, my GP in Mauldin told me he would extract my four wisdom teeth, three of which were impacted and the other partially. No way I was going that route. I went to an oral surgeon who did the sleep thing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Feb 13, 2019, 9:56 AM

I had my two impacted wisdom teeth removed by a Navy dentist .......it took over an hour and he had to give me more novocaine about half way through. He had to break the teeth up in quarters. After the second shot I could still feel it, but wanted to get it over, so I just let him finish the job. Not fun!

I can attest that they put you to sleep for implants now. I

Feb 13, 2019, 11:28 AM

mean, one minute you are telling about being in Tampa at the national championship and the next, they are waking you up and saying,"OK Mr. Black, time to go home".

Who?***

Feb 12, 2019, 8:40 PM

Feb 12, 2019, 9:40 PM

Hoping that you're feeling much better, there isn't anything in or on your body that can hurt any worst than a bad tooth. They can make you do what Tom Hanks done in the movie Cast Away's just to get some relief!!! Ouch, when he appeared to knocked his tooth out, I felt what that pain would have been like if in real life!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 9:56 PM

Sorry to learn of your tooth problem. Whatever you do, don't let the dentist pull your wisdom teeth. Mine had to come out while in the Army during WW2 and now everyone knows what happens when all of that wisdom is extracted. I've been covering it up for lo, these many years, but now the cat is out of the bag. Hope you're back to your jolly old self real soon. In the meantime you might try working on posting photos of your trophy fish in a manner so I don't have to lie down to look at them.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

On Spuds cockeyed pics...

Feb 13, 2019, 11:22 AM

Joe, it’s my belief that Spud is left-handed. His pics indicate that but, all he has to do is edit those pics before posting. Maybe he does that on purpose; kinda like a signature type of thing?
Glad to hear ole Spud is doing better though. Abscesses are the worst!!??

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2019, 11:59 PM

I go in for a root canal Thursday morning. I can hardly wait. I was in extreme pain until I got a ###### for Tramadol.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ha! That must've been some extry good laughing gas!

Feb 13, 2019, 8:38 AM

Root canals are no fun, even if they do beat the alternative tooth pain. Somebody purposely filing holes in your jaw just ain't a good mental image. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic