Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM...

Sep 4, 2016, 1:00 AM

Is our special teams.... They cost us last year and the were atrocious again tonight.... Miss Xp! Kick off OB ... Short punts... Bad snaps....

Dabo did not kick the FG because he has no confidence in our Special teams...

I will tell you one other thing.... Dabo sent a message to the kicker that he does not trust him.... That is not good... Because we are going to need that kid to come up with some big kicks this year if we want to win it all.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hopefully after this year we'll hire a dedicated ST guy

Sep 4, 2016, 1:01 AM

This conglomeration of position coaches just isn't working.

dedicated ST guy - 3 YEARS oF BAD SPECIAL TEAMS IS TOO MUCH***

Sep 4, 2016, 1:09 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM...

Sep 4, 2016, 1:01 AM

Hmmm....I dunno. Wasn't our field goal kicker one of the best last year within that range?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 1:02 AM

you are correct and we cannot win it all with special team plays like what I saw against an inferior opponent. when are we going to get a special teams coach who knows what he is doing? Disgraceful to say the least!

Which position coach you gonna give up...

Sep 4, 2016, 1:09 AM

Aren't colleges limited on the number of coaches they can have? That's why nobody has a dedicated ST coach. Maybe we could give up one of our OCs cause they weren't too great tonight.

You are right....***

Sep 4, 2016, 1:39 AM

Long snapper a little shaky***

Sep 4, 2016, 1:02 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

speaking of elephants

Sep 4, 2016, 1:04 AM

how many times did Brent mention the Bama score? he already has them in the NC game.

Well, Alabama is really good

Sep 4, 2016, 1:06 AM

Brent loves Bama but do you not think they are a top 4 team at this very moment ??

Re: Well, Alabama is really good

Sep 4, 2016, 1:10 AM

I realize bama is good, but found it a little awkward that he mentioned their score while calling our game.

Re: Well, Alabama is really good

Sep 4, 2016, 1:37 AM

Trying to save face that was the debacle of the SEC opening weekend. Had all those teams won we would be bathed in the nirvana of how dominant the SEC is.

Re: speaking of elephants

Sep 4, 2016, 1:06 AM [ in reply to speaking of elephants ]

Yes i believe he is rollin with the tide. He was all over em.

lol***

Sep 4, 2016, 1:05 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Dont forget the long return that was called back***

Sep 4, 2016, 1:06 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 4, 2016, 1:12 AM

Brent wishes he cold receive a kickoff from Saban

Sep 4, 2016, 1:36 AM

This game worried me. It started Thursday with App State not having a FG kicker that cost them the game at Tennessee plus bad luck.

THe number 3 and 5 teams had already gone down and we had to go to Auburn with no idea who they would play at QB/RB and what would be thrown at us after losing 8 starters on our D for the second year in the row.

The line was only -7.5 for us at game time. Prognosticators advised people to stay away from betting on the game because the line made no sense.

I am thrilled with the six point victory as we are 1-0 and after all the upsets, I am just glad we won. We dominated statistically but the missed extra point (deja vu) could have cost of that that game if Auburn got a lucky bounce which has happened. I think the defense played great considering all the new starters and the fact that we were much more vanilla with blitzes than BV normally is and he made the right decision.

However, I am really concerned about special teams. I thought it would be a point of emphasis. The missed exxtra point and then not going for the field goal from within the 15 yard line to ice the game is insane. Yes I know the FG can be blocked and returned for a TD but Auburn also could have scored onn one of the two Hail Mary's especially when Auburn Receivers got behind out DB's on the first one. If we were at the thirty yard line, I would have punted it and try to pin them back inn the 10 and take off 8 seconds from the remaining time. A FG and we win it and while we have had problems with extra points, we have been real reliable on FGs.

It seems like we played not to lose at the end of the game which is just not this team.

I hope we at least work on recovering onside kicks more.

Although I am concerned about the special teams, lets face facts -- we have a loaded team and we won in one of the toughest environments at a 9pm EST start.

Look at the positives, Gallman ran well and looked a little faster to me. Auburn had a couple of guys that really played well on defense. DW4 didn't play his best game but it looks like receivers made some bad cuts, bad reads, and didn't come back for the ball. Williams was a monster but he dropped two TDs.

We are in good shape right now and have our money games to get the timing going. We need Leggitt to play well and more passes to HR. The guys runs routers and makes the plays. We should be unstoppable as long as we get our whole receiving core going. I don't think we showed too much in this game other than WIlliams is 100% and I expect us to be firing on all cylinders by the time we go to GA Tech.

Go Tigers
1-0!
Another SEC team goes down.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definetly would not have punted...see michigan vs michigan st last yr..***

Sep 4, 2016, 1:44 AM

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic