Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 578

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 24, 2018, 8:07 AM

Off since Wed. edition.

Thursday accomplished very little that I wanted to, spent too much money on shipping gifts, then was kinda lazy.

Friday, took the car in to get the torque converter replaced. Toyota of Greenville said I didn't have this problem, Toyota of Greer agreed with me. Car runs great again now.

Saturday, 5 hours late getting on the road to Charleston to visit with some friends and exchange gifts. We scored a bottle of Jefferson's Ocean voyage 13.

Sunday, visit other folks, walk the bridge, return home.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 10/10......On vacation......’Nuff said

Dec 24, 2018, 8:27 AM

Son of Maddog here for holidays. Lots of good food and drink.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers won and the Panthers choked, but I

Dec 24, 2018, 8:31 AM

didn't die.

Pretty meh weekend.

2/10.....Wood not dew again.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Dang near fergot it was Monday***

Dec 24, 2018, 8:32 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Could have been worse considering the pre Christmas BS

Dec 24, 2018, 8:35 AM

Friday lunch with mommer

Saturday was supposed to be my one day of on site work in Dec for job #2 but discovered the client’s EMS was turning off everything except the hot water pumps for the holiday shutdown and then discovered the “on call” system tech was “monitoring remotely” from Dollywood and would have to get the on call guy from Charlotte down to see if he could figure out what was going on. Now I’ll get to spend Wednesday going back through all 14 buildings to verify the pumps are off like intended. But I’ll get to charge double mileage so it’s kind of like a Christmas bonus.

Saturday night was 2nd Annual Green River Jingle Jam. Great fun, music, friends, and food. Highlight was one little old lady I’ve known for years and never known to touch a drop of alcohol, got into the punch and was acting like a teenager in heat all night until she kept dropping her teeth and her daughter took her home.

Sunday was a whirlwind of cooking, cleaning, wrapping, and listening to the wife ##### about the silly juvenile games her brother and gf are playing over when they are available to celebrate with us. She lets it tear her up. I don’t care when or if they show up and that makes her mad at me too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purty good, thanks!

Dec 24, 2018, 8:57 AM

Amazing bottle of Sardinian Cannonau wine with Greek chicken Fri nite
Saturday in dt Gvegas rummaging thru shops for last min gifts. Mast Gen was crazy, mrs was taking back a gift for trade in and picked up a jacket I had already bought for her. Told her it wasn’t her, whew!
Drinks at Halls, then Great dinner at Jianna with 2 bottles Super Tuscan...nuther couple with us.
Sunday, slept late cause headache, watched DooDoo screw up DW4’s day. A one beer day - Heavy Seas TropiCannon.
Merry Christmas, all!

I'm not sure I remember much of it.

Dec 24, 2018, 9:36 AM

And not in a 'boy did we get way drunk and party all weekend' kind of way.

Today is day 15 of Mom-in-law being in the hospital. She went in with a COPD-related breathing issue, and it progressed into a heart valve that needs to be fixed, and a kidney that is barely functioning. The 3 things are related, and one is the reason that the next thing behind it can't be fixed. She's not stable enough for surgery to fix the heart, and the anesthesia would probably kill her in the first place. She's had days where she sat up and carried on like she's at home and everything is normal, and days where I was sure she wasn't going to last the day...very strange swings. She's going to die, and it's heartbreaking to see Mrs. Tig and Joonyer especially come to grips with that. It's just a matter of time.

Mrs. Tig has spent the first 12 days living at the hospital. At least now she's coming home in the evening to sleep, which she didn't even consider doing until she picked up a bad cold at the hospital and I made her stay home, followed by the nearly everyone in the family getting a stomach bug the last couple of days. I managed to avoid that one by being the runner instead of the sitter.

In the meantime, I have run errands, cleaned house, done chores, shopping, wrapping, chores at Mom-in-law's house, rinse and repeat ad nauseam. I've eaten too much fast food at strange hours for a long stretch and I'm feeling it. The traditional Christmas Eve in-law Christmas gathering has been postponed, and our normal Christmas Day routine is going to be severely disrupted. There's very little Christmas joy around here.

I was able to go play LOUD rock and roll last night, since I was looking for a way NOT to be around a bunch of people with an obviously communicable stomach bug. Went from 5-11 with few breaks and knocked out a good half dozen tunes we've never even attempted before. It was a great full band jam session and an excellent tonic for my own mental clarity, in spite of the fact I somehow sprained my left wrist wrapping presents. SPRAINED MY WRIST WRAPPING PRESENTS. Sheesh.

Not sure what the coming weeks will hold, but it's not going to be pleasant. That said, I wish every single one of you the best Christmas you've ever had. Hold the people you love close now, but you don't really know how much time you have.

Sorry for the Christmas Eve downer, and seriously...y'all have a fantastic holiday!

Shorty and aerozeptallica, I'll have to play the Ward Davis show by ear. I know Mrs. Tig isn't coming, but I'm still hoping I can make it. I'll keep y'all posted this week.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry to hear that, let the Mrs. know Sharkgirl and I are

Dec 24, 2018, 10:01 AM

thinking about her.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks, I will let her know!***

Dec 24, 2018, 10:05 AM

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hang in there

Dec 24, 2018, 10:31 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure I remember much of it. ]

We did Christmas in the hospital last year with my FiL so I know you are not in the normal swing of things.
Mrs Tig & the in laws are lucky to have you for support. Definitely no Christmas joy but the obvious care and love of your family for one another is the Christmas spirit even when it’s hard.

Take care my friend.

John

Prayers for yo MIL and the whole fam.

Dec 24, 2018, 11:17 AM [ in reply to I'm not sure I remember much of it. ]

We don't get to pick the circumstances, just deal with them as best we can.

LOUD rockin' roll:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUJjRj2y5Bk&index=3&list=PL94gOvpr5yt111Oa77DzW1JjqzM3L4blF&t=83s

Sorry to hear especially this time of year***

Dec 24, 2018, 12:39 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure I remember much of it. ]

Man, that’s terrible...thoughts with you and the fam.***

Dec 25, 2018, 12:21 PM [ in reply to I'm not sure I remember much of it. ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well...

Dec 24, 2018, 10:07 AM

My bf and I went to Barley's for dinner and a few pints on Friday night.
Saturday, we went shopping and then to my family for Christmas dinner..
He left Sunday to go see his family.

So i will be alone Christmas day..Yay me.

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was off Friday, spent it by going in to work for 5 hours

Dec 24, 2018, 10:58 AM

Needed to (and intended to) go in to work Saturday, but did #### around the house instead.
Watched football a bit, went out to dinner and beers w/ the fam

Sunday, needed to (and intended to) go into work most of the day, but did some last minute shopping and errands instead...and only made it in for 2.5 hours, most of which I spent watching Redzone

However, at the end of the night, I'd won the 2 (out of 3 leagues) fantasy foosball championship games I was in. (one by only 1.5pts in PPR, thank you Chiefs for playing Charcandrick West that last series instead of Damien Williams!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF_udGNzkNA

however, neither of those were the one league with money riding on it....

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Dec 24, 2018, 11:50 AM

Friday: Anniversary. I made a really nice dinner and we exchanged a couple of gifts. I consented to watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's", because that's the kind of great guy I am.

Saturday: Showered to wash the ghey off (See Friday night movie choice). Took care of some last minute Chrismas honeydews. It was kind of a laid back day.

Sunday: Work. Maria and Baby Girl baked all day. We'll distribute the goodies to the neighbors today. #I'llTakeThingsThatOldPeopleDoFor1000Alex. Got home from work and some of the GKids were here. Ordered out, played some games, drank too many beers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good Thanks

Dec 24, 2018, 12:01 PM

I feel like Marv and Harv
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLMXHluYUUU

Thursday was wife's final cancer treatment. Go in January to have surgery.
Friday, Got the tree up. All the present are ready. Mailed the final of 50 cards.
Saturday, Watched the Tigers beat the coots. Dang Oilers lost. Wake's bowl game was different. Army kicked Houston's butt.
Sunday watched lots of football. Stupid Steelers. Stupid Panties.
Monday got all the kids coming over tonight. Will serve them presents, food and drink. Food is shrimp, bacon wrapped chestnuts, wings, peach pie, and chocolate.
Christmas Day go to Blythewood for lunch. Coot in laws. Pray for me.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Worst weekend ever

Dec 24, 2018, 12:36 PM

Friday I left work early b/c sick. Felt like a sinus infection coming on but in the early stages. Went to a family gathering for xmas where we all brought a soup or stew. I ate all the chicken chili I could stand, loaded up a tuperware bowl of it and went home.

Saturday I woke up to the full force of stuffed up head, unable to breathe and achy shoulders. Crawled to the recliner, turned on GoT and started watching from season 1 ep 1. Ate the rest of the chicken chili for lunch and basically did nothing all day. Skipped the gf's family xmas gathering.

Sunday I woke up about 50% better but still stuck to the recliner for the whole day continuing through my GoT binge. Roasted some red potatoes for lunch and remained in my recliner for the duration of the night.

0/10

Man, lemme tell you bout this weekend.

Dec 24, 2018, 1:21 PM

Caretaking sucks. Wife is slowly but surely healing, but now at the stage where cabin fever has set in but she can’t so what she wants, so grumpy. Haven’t done much except multiple trips to the store per day. Saturday, took the kid to a classmates birthday party. Was nice to just get out the house for a bit. However, the recovery phase did get me out of going to a Christmas party hosted by friends of hers that I can’t stand, so there’s a positive to all of this.

2/10, prefer not to repeat.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Uneventful.

Dec 24, 2018, 6:38 PM

I laid around and binge watched Breaking Bad for the second time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so i had yesterday off

Dec 25, 2018, 3:37 PM

and pretty much every other day
will do again and again

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 578
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic