Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Alright let's talk OSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1,321

Alright let's talk OSU

Dec 12, 2016, 11:17 AM

In little over 3 weeks we head back down to Arizona to play Urban Meyer and the Buckeyes... It's gonna be a tough one and a battle between two good QBs. I feel like we should win this one because our QB is better and #16 isn't accurate enough and he's pretty one dimensional once you stop the pass and make them run. We'll have to slow down there freshmen AA running back #25 Weber, who had a good season rushing over a 1000 yards. #4 Curtis Sameul is gonna be a tough one, I see us keying in on him because if we let him get lose its gonna be a long day.

Their secondary is loaded with talent so it's gonna be fun to watch our WRs go against their DBs... I see the same thing happening as last time we played, when Boyd and Watkins connected for 16 receptions 227 yards and 2 TDs. I think Watson and Williams will be on the same page and both put up good #s. Deshaun rushing attempts will be high too.

Our defense is gonna have to play hard all 4 quarters and not be so lackadaisical when we go up by 2 TDs. We should really show our depth on the line vs OSU because that's where it seems the problem of becoming lackadaisical stems from. Those are big guys with big bodies on the line, they get tired as the game goes on obviously. This is the perfect time to show our depth on both sides of the ball.

It's gonna be a fun game and I cannot wait for it.... Clemson wins 36-24

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Alright let's talk OSU

Dec 12, 2016, 11:19 AM

The coots aren't playing in Arizona in 3 weeks.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:22 AM

So why is he a coot? Is it because he respects the Heisman voters decision?

Dec 12, 2016, 11:23 AM

Your combined coot pulses are > 50%. That's getting dangerous.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:33 AM

Probably because your butthurt self keeps TDing me. My pulse is 79 and that is fine with me. It can keep going down because I will keep respecting the fact that LJ won the Heisman and not cry because our guy earned it and didn't get it. Lamar deserved the Heisman just like DW did and if yall were Louisville fans yall would find reasons why DW didn't deserve it if he had won.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:36 AM

Leave them alone bro. It's only a few of us unbiased Clemson fans who respect other teams and players. People like him never played a lick of football that's why they don't understand the prasie me, you and others give LJ.

Dec 6, 2018, 9:06 PM

Heck I will argue with them all day long. Idk if I get called a coot it has happened before. I am not going to read these people bashing Lamar Jackson and acting like his stats are only good because he played easy teams and his coaches left him in the game longer than our coaches leave DW in if we are winning by a lot. DW had a heck of a year and I understand why we are all frustrated that he did not win because he is as deserving as any to ever win the award. He is a class act and the best QB I have ever watched play college football. That does not take away the fact that against the same teams LJ had better numbers. He is one of very few players to have 50 TDs in a season in a power 5 conference and he is the only player to have 3300 passing and 1500 rushing. He was as good as the majority of teams starting running backs and starting QBs. Doing this at the same time is amazing and should be rewarded.

Well

Dec 12, 2016, 11:22 AM

"#16 isn't accurate enough and he's pretty one dimensional once you stop the pass and make them run"

Isn't that pretty much true of every QB and every team? I mean every team becomes one dimensional once you remove the other dimension. If you stop the pass and make em run, then they are one dimensional. If you stop the run and make em pass, well, ditto.

That's some Madden-worthy analysis there :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well

Dec 12, 2016, 11:23 AM

Actually our team can score without running. We had 600 yards of offense against Pitt.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:25 AM

It's our pulses lol. And because we're biased as these other 40 year old cry babies.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:25 AM

We're not* biased

I simply could not care less about your pulse

Dec 12, 2016, 11:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Well ]

I also don't care to make assertions that you aren't a Tiger fan.

I haven't and I won't.

My only point was that I found it funny you'd critique the OSU QB with a sentence that is true of every QB and every offensive system that has ever existed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not sure of your point

Dec 12, 2016, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Well ]

Of course teams can be 1 dimensional and still score and be dang good.

My point was he critiqued the OSU QB by saying he becomes one dimensional if you shut down one component of his game. That's true of every QB for every team. It's a sentence that means nothing.

Re: I'm not sure of your point

Dec 12, 2016, 11:28 AM

I just think he means if we shut the run game down JTs passing is not strong enough to move the ball. See Michigan stats 11/26 124 yards and zero TDs. Passing is not Ohio States game.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:30 AM

That's pretty much what I'm saying... But he took it wayyyy outta context cause he's mad that I have a different opinion then him. Stop #16 from running and make him throw and watch how many 3 and outs we'll have.

Except that's not what you said

Dec 12, 2016, 11:34 AM

Maybe thats what you intended to say, but you said this:

"#16 isn't accurate enough and he's pretty one dimensional once you stop the pass and make them run"

Which seems to suggest the exact opposite (stop the pass and make them run) rather than "stop the run and make him pass".

But OK, you misspoke, or I'm going crazy and am interpreting your post incorrectly. OK.

I'd argue we need to force him to be a pocket passer as much as possible. Like you said, he isn't the most accurate and assuming it isn't one of those "Every little contact equals PI" sort of nights, then I think our DB's can do enough to keep the WR's in check long enough for the pressure to get to him.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm not sure of your point ]

Yep. It is easier said than done because they run the zone read as good as any. I think this is a lot like the VT game. If they can connect on short passes consistently they can move the ball but I do not see JT having a good completion percentage. We need to play aggressive on their WRs and make them beat us deep.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:27 AM [ in reply to Well ]

You've seemed upset ever since I said LJ deserves the Heisman....

You're gonna talk about the game or you gonna try to critique the things I say?

I'd suggest you stop thinking yourself the martyr

Dec 12, 2016, 11:30 AM

I'm on record saying Lamar was worthy and deserving. You got the wrong guy here.

I'm discussing the post you just made. Perhaps if you don't want to initiate conversation then a message board isn't the place for you?

Re: I'd suggest you stop thinking yourself the martyr

Dec 12, 2016, 11:34 AM

Uhh yea, I was talking about cid14 about the pulse thing... so there ya go.

i don't wanna iniate conversation because of how I worded a sentence. That's what you're tryna do. I'm all for talking about OSU however

Cool.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:35 AM

I'd point out you responded to my comment when you did so, so I had no way of knowing you were talking about someone else.

But carry on.

You really do have the wrong guy here.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Well ]

Thom is seriously the most level-headed poster here.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You really do have the wrong guy here.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:41 AM

Understood... I appreciate people like him on here cause it's not that many. My apologies thom.

Thanks, but no need for the apology

Dec 12, 2016, 11:50 AM

And thanks Joe for the compliment. I do try my best to be level headed and think through my reactions to things.

As for the OSU game, I actually think it will come down to whether we can get pressure on their QB. Our DB's aren't bad, but they've shown that they can have problems if they aren't allowed to play physically, and if that begins to be the scenario in Arizona then it'll be up to our defensive front getting pressure on (and containing) their QB.

But, I suppose, that's pretty much every game we play. They are gonna get their yards on the ground, but they will have to beat us in the air.

On the flip side, I think the exact reverse for the Tiger's O. We will have to be able to run, especially on 2nd and mid to get manageable 3rd downs. We'll get our yards in the air. If we don't turn the ball over, and if we can run the ball at least decently we win, IMO, fairly decisively.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:27 AM

DW runs for 75+ our O puts up 42 atleast. Run the ball with DW and Wayne and we open up the passing game. Our D will stack the box and put pressure on JT. We make him throw into man coverage and beat us that way. I do not think he can do it. If we can stop the run we will hold them pretty good on D. They have amazing talent but are young. We have been there and we will play our best ball IMO. 45-24 is my prediction. They are a solid team but I think we play all 4 quarters like champions. Our O will score idc how good their D is. If our D can shut them down it will not be close. We just have to get off the field on 3rd downs and keep the big plays down.

Dec 12, 2016, 12:16 PM

So much for talking OSU lol.

Replies: 25
| visibility 1,321
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic