Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What level of IPTAY to guarantee season ticket
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

What level of IPTAY to guarantee season ticket

Feb 14, 2016, 10:04 PM

Just wondering if there is a minimum level of IPTAY required to donate to just get a ticket ... I know you are eligible at all levels, but I just want to be sure I get a season ticket ... I do not care if it is upper deck

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What level of IPTAY to guarantee season ticket

Feb 14, 2016, 10:06 PM

Any level of IPTAY should guarantee you the ability to buy season ticket.

Feb 14, 2016, 10:08 PM

the new 60 dollar level does not show any season ticket allotment..

Welcome to the Upper Deck. Wouldn't want anyother seats

Feb 15, 2016, 1:54 PM [ in reply to Re: What level of IPTAY to guarantee season ticket ]

Great view. Lots of room.

i think the amount to but a season ticket is minimum 160 donation...but you can go to clemsontigers.com and look at iptay and see the different levels of donations and how many season tickets you are allowed to purchase for that amount.. last year i donated 175 and was allowed to purchase two. of course they were upper deck..

people sell season tix every year... just

buy some then

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 14, 2016, 10:11 PM

but you can save the allotment by buying tickets individually from people each week on here for games for buy the season ticket. but warning, there are a lot of people trying to make a huge profit by reselling them, either way, you should be able to get some.. good luck

OR

Feb 15, 2016, 9:34 AM

You can join IPTAY and be a supporter of Clemson athletics rather than be a follower of the program trying to find a way to beat the system!

I've donated to iptay for like 13-14 years

Feb 15, 2016, 9:50 AM

Have only missed 4 home games in that span. 2 due to family emergencies, 1 due to booze, and the uga game cause I didn't have a ticket.

In that stretch I only have gotten season tickets for like 3 years. 2002, 2003, and last year.

Not about beating the "system". It is about going to games on a budget.

i made my full $800 dination already but I'm seriously debating not get season tickets this year.

with our home schedule I'm pretty sure I can get nearly as good tickets for much less on the alternate market.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: I've donated to iptay for like 13-14 years

Feb 15, 2016, 8:04 PM

Missed one due to booze myself. Won't happen again though.

"huge profit"...lol***

Feb 15, 2016, 9:39 AM [ in reply to Re: What level of IPTAY to guarantee season ticket ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

I'd say that was a fair assessment.***

Feb 15, 2016, 9:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Depends....

Feb 15, 2016, 10:31 AM

**Personal note: The below is written by a person that has never scalped tickets for above face and usually just gives away any extras to a family or a dad with his kids"**

If you sit lower deck between the 20s, you are paying not only the +/- $350 for face value of the ticket but an additional $400+ for the seat equity. Divided among 7 games, this more than doubles the face value of the ticket.

When you consider that you can't recoup this cost for Wofford or SC State, then you are left dividing this cost among the 2-3 games a year that warrants a premium, which adds $200+ to the "face value" of the ticket.

I know there are some that try to get $1000 for an upper deck seat, but I think most that are "making massive profits" are just trying to make sure that the buyer of the ticket is paying for a fair share of the seat equity cost.

All other things aside, market price is market price and there really isn't a reason to not sell at market price if you cannot make use of the ticket.

Depends Only on perspecTive

Feb 15, 2016, 10:52 AM

Your donation is a donation.

Your ticket price is the price of your ticket. It is fair to say that you bought a ticket for 80 and are trying to make a profit on it.

Stub hub does this.

Or is also fair to say that you only donate to Clemson to get tickets. You don't really care about the benefit to the team. You just want good tickets so you pay x amount.

Both are fair assessments. . Both really dont matter.

Bottom line is you have something on want, I have something you want. we Have to come to an agreement or walk away. Complaining about it either way is pointless.

I ended up getting 4 worse seats together for the nd game and paid over face value. I sold my 2 ND tickets last year for face value.

Didn't complain about paying over face and didn't complain about selling my 2 at face. Got to see a good game with my son and 2 nephews which was the most important think. I'm sure the J Z Trumpites would disagree.

Except you can only claim 80% of your "donation"

Feb 15, 2016, 11:34 AM

to IPTAY if you buy tickets. Which would mean 20% of your "donation" should definitely count towards the cost of the ticket to assess face value, right? Not to mention seat backs if you want to count that.

I'm also not complaining, I'm just laughing at those whining about "huge profit" whenever it really isn't.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed with most of what you said...

Feb 15, 2016, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Depends Only on perspecTive ]

But for clarification, I was not referring to the donation, I was referring to the seat equity minimum which is essentially an indirect cost of the seat. I donate more than my seat equity minimum as part of my support for the university, but that doesn't change the basic fact that without paying the seat equity minimum you could not purchase the seat and therefore math tells you that the seat cost equals the ticket price plus the seat equity amount.

Beyond that

Feb 15, 2016, 12:17 PM

Seat equity is one thing but to have that seat you also need points. I could up my donation this year but I certainly wouldn't bump any one. Heck I Probably would end up with nearly the same seats in this day and age.

So you could argue all the years of your donations and charge god knows how much for a ticket. it would be the same argument, which again, is fair.

You know I wasn't replying to you?

Feb 15, 2016, 11:32 AM [ in reply to I'd say that was a fair assessment.*** ]

I was replying to mmartin63 who said:

"but you can save the allotment by buying tickets individually from people each week on here for games for buy the season ticket. but warning, there are a lot of people trying to make a huge profit by reselling them, either way, you should be able to get some.. good luck"

The "huge profit" part is what I took up with.

Yes I know . I picked up on it.

Feb 15, 2016, 11:54 AM

And it is a fair assessment. People do try to make a huge profit on tickets.
I think season tickets werr around $375 last year? I saw multiple people charging twice that for several individual games.

Then again. . If you consider your donation to iptay nothing more than a down payment on your tickets it is also fair to say you are charging what you paid.

Comes down to what your perception of donation is. . And again. . It doesn't matter I the end.

$160 which will get you visiting fan tickets.***

Feb 15, 2016, 7:48 AM

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic