Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Say what you will about our tournament chances
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

Say what you will about our tournament chances

Feb 24, 2020, 8:42 AM

but if we finish the season somewhere around 17-13 plus two ACC tournament wins, it would be simply outrageous to suggest that this team is not one of the 68 best in the country especially considering how well we’ve been playing the past few games. If the NCAA wants someone that actually holds a chance to win some basketball games at the 11 or 12 line they ought to pick us. I firmly believe there isn’t a team in the country that we couldn’t beat right now if we play our best. I’m obviously not saying we’re the best in the country but we’re playing fantastic basketball right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

By right now

Feb 24, 2020, 8:56 AM

You mean the last 3 games? Because the previous 3 games we looked like garbage.

This is the weakest the ACC has been in...I dunno a decade or more? When's the last time you saw the ACC have only 4 guaranteed tourney teams and only 3 ranked teams?

12-8/13-7 is the threshold of a tournament-level team in the ACC this year

We looked garbage in the UVA game, where

Feb 24, 2020, 9:22 AM

we lost by 7 on the road to a tournament team? We looked garbage against Notre Dame, when we were playing without our best team and lost in a close game, sure we didn’t play our best against Wake but other than that we’ve been playing very good basketball. I don’t understand why the ACC isn’t good? I don’t get it the ACC is bad because they only have 4 teams in the tournament, but they only have four teams in the tournament because the rest of the teams have too weak of a schedule since they play in the ACC. It’s this circle of nonsense, no one knows why the ACC is bad they just know that they’re bad.

Re: We looked garbage in the UVA game, where

Feb 24, 2020, 9:35 AM

The ACC is considered bad for 3 reasons

1. Something like 12/15 All ACC players from last season did not return

2. Early season injuries killed the league in OOC play

3. UNC is struggling. No matter what UNC and Duke have a big impact on perception.

I don't think the ACC is as "down" as everyone seems to believe. They did not get off to a good start OOC and that makes climbing in the NET rankings nearly impossible. Having said that they are still #2 in OOC winning percentage.

null

Re: By right now

Feb 24, 2020, 9:45 AM [ in reply to By right now ]

I think if we are 13 and 10 or better in ACC which means if we finish 3-1 to close out the regular season and win 2 in the tourney then I think we squeeze in. If one of those wins is Vs. Fl St then we are definitely in. Anything less than that is NIT.

Re: By right now

Feb 24, 2020, 11:30 AM [ in reply to By right now ]

Call me a Clemson fanatic, but I would never use the word "garbage" in connection with my team.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

We'd have a good argument but with a weaker ACC..

Feb 24, 2020, 9:32 AM

this year coupled with those early season losses I just dont think they can put us in with 14 losses. We are certainly one of the 68 best teams if we finish this season off correctly but its more a question of...are we one of the 34 (or whatever it is now) best teams in the country when you count all of the automatic qualifiers...that answer is probably no. Yes, we can beat about anyone on any given day but season long consistency is rewarded (rightfully so)

Re: We'd have a good argument but with a weaker ACC..

Feb 24, 2020, 9:49 AM

Yes, but if we beat Florida State that will be three top 5 teams we defeated(no one has done that) and we would be a hot ACC team that would get the SEC football treatment since so few ACC temas are in the tourney.

What i do know..is that at the begining of this teams seasom

Feb 24, 2020, 9:55 AM

this particular conversation would've gotten you laughed off of T-Net. We still have to finish off strong but i'm impressed with the response of our Tigers BBall team.

Re: Say what you will about our tournament chances

Feb 24, 2020, 11:27 AM

Honestly would rather see Clemson win an NIT than get bounced out of the NCAA Tourney second round.

It seems to me...

Feb 24, 2020, 11:52 AM

everytime someone starts talking about Clemson's NCAA Tournament chances and outlining all of the various scenarios that could put Clemson in "The Dance", the team generally responds by playing like $#17 and losing to a team like Wake Forest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Say what you will about our tournament chances

Feb 24, 2020, 12:15 PM

Just win the ACCT and we can get an automatic bid. Good grief, this is so simple.

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic