Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dangit.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 364

Dangit.

Feb 7, 2019, 8:19 AM

I had mostly beaten my Patagucci seasonal sale addiction, and then this happens.

https://www.marmot.com/specials-men/

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lulz

Feb 7, 2019, 8:22 AM

MountainKhakis.com

Just bought 3 pairs of pants. One pair is going back though, me & jeans just do not go together.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Think I have a few of their shirts and maybe a pair of

Feb 7, 2019, 8:28 AM

shorts or two, but I was never blown away by their stuff. I don't think I wear any of them anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Their shirts are baggy AF on me. However, the slim fit

Feb 7, 2019, 8:30 AM

pants fit great. I probably have 10-12 pair, but most are purchased when they are on big sale. Like the commuter pants, regularly $95 but they are on sale for $57 right now.

https://www.mountainkhakis.com/product/commuter-pant-stretch-slim-fit-mens/slim-tailored-fit/navy/8601563334

Bought 2 pair and may buy a 3rd.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They got anything for women and suitable for

Feb 7, 2019, 8:39 AM

trouncing through briers and other thorny things?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This seems oddly specific.***

Feb 7, 2019, 8:51 AM

Well, it is what Sharkgirl does at least half of her work

Feb 7, 2019, 9:03 AM

days.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz

Feb 7, 2019, 9:06 AM

THERE ARE NO SHARKS IN THE FOREST

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed.***

Feb 7, 2019, 9:23 AM

They make Women's clothes. WifeofGreenr has never really

Feb 7, 2019, 9:01 AM [ in reply to They got anything for women and suitable for ]

liked any of their stuff too much but she did get a dress inthe Denver store. I cannot comment on their women's fit. THe Original Mountain Pant is great for brush.

Second the mountain pant in briers

Feb 7, 2019, 9:32 AM

Wear a pair surveying and never have a problem with thick brush, briers or anything of the matter. They also dry faster than denim in my experience.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I would suggest this:

Feb 7, 2019, 9:04 AM [ in reply to They got anything for women and suitable for ]

https://www.amazon.com/NAUTICALMART-Medieval-Wearable-Handicraft-Replica/dp/B07FPDZKR3/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1549548209&sr=1-1&keywords=Medieval+Knight+Suit+of+Armor+Combat+Full+Body+Armour+Wearable+Handicraft+Replica

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

carhartt. They have women stuff and they have heavy work

Feb 7, 2019, 9:42 AM [ in reply to They got anything for women and suitable for ]

pants for men, I guess they do for women too. I really like their stuff, have a lot of jeans and T's. I've got a couple pairs of the heavy duck cloth pants, they're briar-proof, but they make others that are 2 layers thick on the front.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wearing a pair of their slim fit mountain pants right now

Feb 7, 2019, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Their shirts are baggy AF on me. However, the slim fit ]

Absolute favorite pants.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Re: Lulz

Feb 7, 2019, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Lulz ]

Greenr - do yourself a solid and step back from the MK pants.

Go to Carhartt.com and type in 102517 - it’s the Rigby 5 pocket pant. 1 bajillion times better fitting and feels a bajillion times better for much less. Hickory is the color.

Ok. My work is done here for the day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

*saved for future*

Feb 7, 2019, 8:57 AM

I lost a good bit of weight and just had to buy new pants cause I haven't worn a 33W in like 18 years, so I am good to go for a while. Thanks though.

I didn't measure, but I'm reasonably confident

Feb 7, 2019, 9:00 AM

the shit I just took had a 33W, little man.

liar.

Feb 7, 2019, 9:07 AM

you measured.

Re: Dangit.

Feb 7, 2019, 8:37 AM

Marmot's some good chit. My go tos are Mountain Hardwear

Feb 7, 2019, 8:41 AM

and believe it or not, Eddie Bauer. I know EB is not really a true outdoors gear brand any more, but danged if their stuff doesn't look good and hold up pretty darn well. I also have lots of LL Bean stuff.

Also, I have been well pleased with my one pair of relaunched Duck Head khakis. The guy from Bills Khakis is on board and they make a good pair of pants.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FYI, Mountain Hardwear is owned by Columbia

Feb 7, 2019, 9:00 AM

so if you see a Columbia Outlet, they usually have some Mtn. Hardwear stuffs. It is good.

I need a new waterproof jacket, the lamination is peeling off my 10 year old Patagucci jacket. Patagucci, Arc'Teryx, and Mtn. Hardwear will be what I shop from.

you gonna take out a loan if'n you go Arc'Teryx?***

Feb 7, 2019, 9:05 AM

Zeta SL maybe was semi-affordable-ish

Feb 7, 2019, 9:07 AM

but I figure if it lasts 10 years, I'll be good to go.

https://arcteryx.com/us/en/shop/mens/zeta-sl-jacket

I'm like, "semi-affordable = $Precip x 3".

Feb 7, 2019, 9:12 AM

But then I see this.

had a guy at an outfitter tell me (maybe 5,...

Feb 7, 2019, 9:15 AM

could be 10, years ago) that yeah, their prices may be cray cray, but they're easily 5 years ahead of everyone else in R&D, which is therefore reflected in price.

not sure how true that was, or if it'd even apply now, but I thought it was interdasting

/csb

but yeah, that's nice

/tsb

I've heard the same, and that's pretty neat.

Feb 7, 2019, 9:19 AM

But I don't have any expeditions booked to the Alps or Himalayas at the moment, so I just need stuff that can survive harsh SC Februaries. I mean, the high today is barely 80.

take care of yusef

Feb 7, 2019, 9:27 AM

for the record, I've got a Patagucci Nano-puff, and a similar style Columbia jacket, but with a hood (saw it randomly @ TJ Maxx or Marshalls for like $60 a few years back)

I like columbia mucho times better than the patagucci

#Sorrynotsorry Greenr

Bruh, you do you

Feb 7, 2019, 9:32 AM

Want a little R&D intel?

Feb 7, 2019, 9:32 AM [ in reply to had a guy at an outfitter tell me (maybe 5,... ]

$9.99 for a Frogg Toggs poncho at Academy. The 3 people sitting with me at the ACC Championship game stripped off their expensive fancy-brand rain jackets when we got back to the car after the game and I was the only one completely dry.

COMPLETELY. DRY.

YEAH BUT CAN YOU WEAR THAT WALKING THRU BRIERS

Feb 7, 2019, 9:36 AM

IN SHARK-INFESTED WOODS?

You can, but I don't.

Feb 7, 2019, 9:42 AM

What's the point of having minions if you have to walk through briers in shark-infested woods yourself?

Arc'Teryx use Gore-Tex, not some proprietary waterproofing

Feb 7, 2019, 9:18 AM [ in reply to I'm like, "semi-affordable = $Precip x 3". ]

laminate.

I'm thinking spend the money, use it FOREVER.

Just a rain jacket? I have 2 Marmot Precips, which

Feb 7, 2019, 9:06 AM [ in reply to FYI, Mountain Hardwear is owned by Columbia ]

are pretty legit. One of them is the component jacket with the removable fleece inside (forget what it's called), and one is orange for Clemson games, yo.

Precips fit me weird

Feb 7, 2019, 9:09 AM

and I am particular. Plus wife had one and lamination failed within a year or so.

I had some discontinued Patagucci stretchy rain jacket that has worked forever. Probably cost $150ish when I got it but cannot buy it again.

That's how this stuff works, I think

Feb 7, 2019, 9:39 AM

the best fleece I own is 25 years old and Patagonia. It's deceptively warm for the weight, it blocks wind and pairing it with a shell of some sort is as good as any winter coat I own. Cost me 50 bucks on sale 25 years ago. It's slightly too big because I used to be fat(ter), so I bought a 150.00 well reviewed Marmot fleece and it sucks in comparison. Everyone in my house steals my old Patagonia fleece despite everyone in the house owning their own North Face/Patagonia/Marmot/expensive effing fleece.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 34
| visibility 364
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic