Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson to travel to Iowa for 2011 Big Ten/ACC Challenge
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

May 17, 2011, 3:19 PM

The Clemson men’s basketball team will travel to Iowa City, IA to take on the University of Iowa on Tuesday, Nov. 29 in the 13th annual Big Ten/ACC Challenge presented by Dick’s Sporting Goods. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weak....

May 17, 2011, 3:22 PM

4th place team in the ACC gets Iowa??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weak....

May 17, 2011, 3:59 PM

I just hope this isn't going to be our so called big out of conference game like usual. I know that we've been starting to play in those early invitational tournaments, which are good, but besides that our out of conference scheduling has been horrible and has cost us big time with our tournament seeding IMO.

Diamond Head Classic has potential

May 17, 2011, 4:09 PM

depends on who we get.

Diamond Head Classic field setEmail Print Comments14 Associated Press

HONOLULU -- Kansas State, Clemson and Southern Illinois will highlight the field in the Diamond Head Classic in December.

ESPN announced the teams for the men's basketball tournament on Wednesday. It's scheduled for Dec. 22-25 and will be hosted by Hawaii.

The other schools in the field are Auburn, Long Beach State, Xavier and UTEP.

May 17, 2011, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Weak.... ]

I think South Carolina at home, Iowa on the road, and the 2 Diamond Head Classic games will be enough. Throw in a game against COC.

Maybe add a game against Georgia or something but otherwise you want to pad the record in November and December.

May 17, 2011, 4:58 PM

With the ACC as a whole being down, we cannot afford to play a cupcake out of conf. schedule. Playing a padded schedule does nothing but hurt us. Especially since we now have the reputation from OP of blowing through our weak early schedule and then falling apart against better teams. I agree that the diamondhead is a good start, but do you actually think the selection committe will be impressed with wins over the coots and COC. I agree that COC is a quality team but that game as well as most of our other weaker non conference games has much more potential to hurt us than help. Besides, playing a tougher ooc schedule will help us get ready for the acc and postseason

May 18, 2011, 8:04 PM

Hate to tell you all, but Iowa is going to be much better next year and pick up a big win. I will take the Hawks by 10 and the Big Ten makes it 3 in a row over the ACC.

May 18, 2011, 8:15 PM

Great, now we have Iowa trolls.

Why???

May 17, 2011, 3:34 PM

Why are we playing Iowa? Shouldn't we play the 4th place Big 10 school?

because we havnen't played anybody worth a ### in

May 17, 2011, 3:36 PM

that thing yet... Penn State a hundered times, Illinoise, 50 times, Minnesote ten times... Finally got Michigan and they were awful and we were awful... Would love a shot at Michigan State or Wisconsin

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: because we havnen't played anybody worth a ### in

May 17, 2011, 3:38 PM

It is a winnable road game. A good test early in the season and could provide an NCAA resume boost if Iowa is an ok team. They will be much improved from last year for sure.

Re: because we havnen't played anybody worth a ### in

May 17, 2011, 4:33 PM

I agree, I don't think it will hurt us if we can win handily on the road against a major conference team.

That's what I am screaming. It makes no sense

May 17, 2011, 3:54 PM [ in reply to Why??? ]

and yes if Iowas sucks it will hurt our SOS. I wanted a big name Big 10 team we actually deserved it!

what is the ####'s sponsor? is it Dick's ?***

May 17, 2011, 4:52 PM

Dick's?

May 18, 2019, 7:59 PM

####

Pwned by your own filter Crump, annoying isn't it?***

May 17, 2011, 9:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm glad they picked up at 12th school and one team finally

May 19, 2011, 12:49 AM

doesn't have to sit out. bad news though, always a chance we tie 6-6 in the games, which is pretty boring for wikipedia references. Let's face it, we're all just trying to look good on wikipedia.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic