Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We won last year because
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 2,254

We won last year because

Dec 29, 2017, 11:49 AM

We made big plays. Bama wants to talk like they played bad and didn't finish. Bama played amazing, especially on D. They were lights out on D. They ran the ball well on O and had some big plays here and there. We just made big plays to beat them. They need to respect that. I thought they played a heck of a game.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We won last year because

Dec 29, 2017, 11:51 AM

They were kicking our butts but we didn't give up! Came back and snatched the W

there is one thing

Dec 29, 2017, 12:04 PM

Different about this team and Bryant vs. Watson that few talk about when stats are compared. This years team rarely runs the sweeps with the receivers as last years team did a lot. I have no idea why we got away from this because it was a very productive play on many occasions. It certainly helped pad number 4’s numbers because that play is considered a pass. KB didn’t get the benefit of those plays.

Obviously this game will be like the other two. Third down conversions will be huge. The Tigers have shown all year that they can do that as well as anyone in college football. With that said, the red elephants will need to have some big first down plays. I’m betting coach V. Has his guys ready on first down with every snap.

Bama will likely stack the box with seven and or eight guys to force the Tigers to throw in downfield. If the OL plays as well as we know they can, ETN could have a field day with his speed on artificial turf. Same for a Feaster.

Line play. Blocking and tackling. Good ole southern football. I’ll be there

Not sure if you noticed or not?

Dec 29, 2017, 12:28 PM

We broke out the WR sweeps against Miami.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweeps and WR screens haven't worked very well

Dec 29, 2017, 2:25 PM [ in reply to there is one thing ]

most of the year, likely because all of our WRs are small, finesse guys.

Dec 29, 2017, 12:05 PM

they can say what they want, but according to reports, they are not acting as if we were just lucky.

You know, this whole thing about Clemson being lucky is part truth; you dont win the NC without somethings going your way. However, you dont show up for the playoffs three years in a row and, in the process, beat Bama, Oklahoma and OSU without there being talent and drive. I think Saban and the team have realized this. Tide Nation will soon get a reminder.

Dec 29, 2017, 12:14 PM

Oh yes they respect us as a team for sure. I don't blame them for thinking they played bad last year but they shouldn't be down on themselves for the effort they put out on that field last year. They played solid and they should be proud of themselves. I know they are not use to losing though.

Between Clemson & Auburn, Bama will get used to LOSING***

Jan 10, 2023, 10:11 AM

Dec 29, 2017, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Re: We won last year because ]

Part of their demeanor is that last year they talked about how the previous year they did not play Bama Ball and was going to show us the difference. They threw everything they had at us and fell short. The intimidation game did not work. Still, this year they are running around saying they basically beat themselves by not executing in the second half. Now, they know we won't be intimidated, while this Bama team is not a top level Bama team. Not on defense and certainly not with their new OC's play calling. It looks like they are going to try a more under the radar approach this year. Considering, everything.

Replies: 8
| visibility 2,254
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic