Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We will not be in the ACC two years from now.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

We will not be in the ACC two years from now.

May 31, 2012, 12:24 PM

If you guys believe that just because the Big 12 said they are not expanding right now means that they are not expanding, then you're fooling yourselves. Bottom line, Clemson is the only ACC school that did not come out on the record and support the ACC. We are leaving, it is just a matter of time. You don't tell people that you are open to new relationships right in front of your girlfriend unless you know it is over. We are leaving, it is just a matter of when.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We will not be in the ACC two years from now.

May 31, 2012, 12:26 PM

You do if you want the ACC to step it up. The ACC knows it is nothing without FSU and Clemson. If the schools threaten to leave they will be forced to change things.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

May 31, 2012, 12:29 PM

There isn't much the ACC can change that would help. Too many dead weight football programs that don't have the fans to fill up their little stadiums or TV viewers to get a good TV contract.

You're delusional,

May 31, 2012, 12:34 PM [ in reply to Re: We will not be in the ACC two years from now. ]

As much as I love Clemson the only thing we bring to the table is a good baseball program and a decent but underachieving football program.

Yep, sounds like true love. LOL!!***

May 31, 2012, 12:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're delusional,

May 31, 2012, 12:50 PM [ in reply to You're delusional, ]

You're just another delusional cootie!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Skeeter? You mean cooter?***

May 31, 2012, 2:13 PM [ in reply to You're delusional, ]

Go back to sleep.... you're still dreaming!***

May 31, 2012, 12:27 PM

96 posts with the SAME message. Must be a record.***

May 31, 2012, 12:40 PM

You know, I did believe we were going to the Big 12 until

May 31, 2012, 12:30 PM

you chimed in. I now change my opinion because you are usually wrong about everything!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

wut if your gf is into that kinda thing?

May 31, 2012, 12:31 PM

i'll hang up and listen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Funnist thing I've read all day!

May 31, 2012, 2:04 PM

LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stand by your computers for two years***

May 31, 2012, 12:39 PM

May 31, 2012, 12:43 PM

Are we going back to the Southern Conference?

i actually think we would have a good chance of dominating

May 31, 2012, 3:41 PM

the southern conference. lol

FAT TAX NOW!

Again, what is so great about the Big-12?????

May 31, 2012, 12:45 PM

I for one, have NEVER been that interested in what goes on in Iowa or Oklahome. Why should a highly regarded Southern school feel the need to play out there?. What Clemson does now is fine. Its in a very highly regarded conference and plays TWO (2) SEC Teams a year in its twelve game schedule. Everybody in the world EXCEPT a small vocal minority on TNet thinks it would be brain-dead stupid the leave the ACC for the dust bowl conference. For kicks, take a test drive out there .... yes, its paradise ....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought you were serious until I saw

May 31, 2012, 12:54 PM

"What Clemson does now is fine. Its in a very highly regarded conference"

And btw, while the Big 12 is at 12 we could still play 2 SEC schools. ACC is expanding so we will eventually lose that ability with them anyways.

Wrong again....

May 31, 2012, 1:05 PM

Gosh, some of you people just make up facts. We'll be playing 9 conference games with the 14 teams in the conference. This leaves 3 games OOC, do you really like going to Citadel, Furman, PC, Western Carolina games that much?

Re: Wrong again....

May 31, 2012, 2:44 PM

Well, but we now have to choose between keeping our schedule at 7 home games per year or playing two quality out of conferences opponents every year.

Old ACC Way:
4 OOC Games: For us, 2 Quality (one home, one away), and Two Cupcakes (Both Home): or 3 home 1 away each year
8 Conference Games (4 home/4 away)
Total: 7 Home/5 Away

New Way:
3 OOC Games: To keep our Georgia Series we decided to drop a cupcake, so we will now have 2 home 1 away.
9 Conference Games: Alternating 5 home/4 away and 4 home/5 away, average of 4.5 home/4.5 away.
Total Average of 6.5 home/5.5 away.

So to keep our two SEC OOC opponents, we have dropped a half of a home game per year on average. For this we gain, an extra ACC game per year. Having that extra cupcake every year makes a serious difference to the bottom line of the CUAD and the community. We're talking about millions upon millions of dollars.

Message was edited by: withasigh® to correct math problems

Wow, looks like I was right

Sep 14, 2012, 11:20 AM [ in reply to Wrong again.... ]

since we cancelled the OK St and Ole Miss series'... look who's making up facts now

Obviously if we go back to 8 conference games now this whole argument is irrelevant

Re: Again, what is so great about the Big-12?????

May 31, 2012, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Again, what is so great about the Big-12????? ]

Please tell who holds the acc in high regards. Please I'm waiting to hear your answer!!!

Too many to list ....

May 31, 2012, 1:00 PM

google it ... when I say ACC I mean ACC OVERALL. Yes, in Football, ACC is "ranked" 5, in everything else, its #1 or very close to it. All in all, a VERY GOOD conference. Did you know there is more to Clemson then the Football Team? Do you go to Clemson?, did you go to Clemson?, do you have a child that goes goes to Clemson?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

who cares about all those other sports??? They could get rid

May 31, 2012, 1:44 PM

of them and just play intramurals for all I care

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for representing my University with that view...***

May 31, 2012, 2:07 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Thanks for representing my University with that view...***

May 31, 2012, 2:11 PM

Nobody gives darn about soccer....

And neither do I, but you're new here, and send stupid

May 31, 2012, 2:14 PM

threatening t-mails to me, so I wouldn't expect you to understand.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: And neither do I, but you're new here, and send stupid

May 31, 2012, 2:16 PM

hahahaha

how do I represent YOUR university ??***

May 31, 2012, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Thanks for representing my University with that view...*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson needs to start a Lacrosse Team and a Women's ....

May 31, 2012, 2:33 PM [ in reply to who cares about all those other sports??? They could get rid ]

Beach Volley Ball team...

The average Lacrosse Parent is much more well heeled then your average "Earl and Lester" Football type....

The average Women's Beach volley parent ... have y'all ever seen Beach Volley Ball!!!!

Clemson University fan or Clemson Football fan?

May 31, 2012, 1:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Again, what is so great about the Big-12????? ]

Alumnus or not?

Clemson University FIRST, then Football

May 31, 2012, 1:15 PM

Alumnus

Start a poll...

May 31, 2012, 1:19 PM

Clemson University or Clemson Football fan....
Alumnus or non-Alumnus....

I think you'll see who the real fans are then.

I have two degrees from Clemson

May 31, 2012, 1:43 PM

and it's time to move. Clemson first, which means dump the ACC.

I am an alumni and every alum I know whats to get out of the

May 31, 2012, 1:46 PM [ in reply to Start a poll... ]

ACC. Sorry to BUST your bubble in believing that alums don't want to leave.

Sorry but my alumni friends say otherwise....***

May 31, 2012, 2:02 PM

Well then -- our alumni is diverse -- and that is why your

May 31, 2012, 2:09 PM

opinion is SO STRANGE to me.

LOL, you are an alumnus, not an alumni

May 31, 2012, 2:09 PM [ in reply to I am an alumni and every alum I know whats to get out of the ]

You must not know many alumni friends. I can think of 10 I've talked to personally on the subject and every single one of them is vehemently against moving to the Big XII.

Are you from South Carolina? Because the ones I have talked

May 31, 2012, 2:11 PM

to all agree that we have to look out for what's best for Clemson not the ACC.

If you see next to my username, I'm in Raleigh.

May 31, 2012, 2:13 PM

My wife in Raleigh doesn't want to go to the Big XII. Two Clemson grad friends of ours in Raleigh don't want to go. Three friends living in Greenville, SC don't want to go. A friend living in Aiken, SC doesn't want to go. Three in Maryland don't.

I agree, I look out for whats best for Clemson, and moving to the Big XII ain't it.

My Clemson friends/alumnus in Allendale, Aiken, Hampton,

May 31, 2012, 2:17 PM

and Beaufort, SC want to go as well as alumnus I know in Savannah, Ga and Jacksonville, Florida so I guess things are seen differently in different places.

No wonder... you're out in the boon docks....***

May 31, 2012, 2:20 PM

You sound like an elitist snob-ACC supporter.***

May 31, 2012, 2:21 PM

And yes-you called for that.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

Not happy with ACC either.... the way it is now.

May 31, 2012, 2:32 PM

Football in the conference definitely needs to be brought up to par. Basketball, baseball, and other ACC sports are at the top. We are already in the largest demographic area in the country and best suited for more exposure.... if football is brought up with the great schools that are already in there's no reason that we'll be left out of any NC scenarios in the future. We were up to #5 last year, until we finished poorly. If other ACC schools bail then we'd have no reason not to leave, just hope it doesn't happen.

If ND were to join what would you say then?***

May 31, 2012, 2:37 PM [ in reply to You sound like an elitist snob-ACC supporter.*** ]

I'd like to see a pig fly out of somebody's butt too?

May 31, 2012, 2:39 PM

Same probability.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You never know.... maybe that pig will fly!***

May 31, 2012, 3:01 PM

To be honest I believe eventually ND will give the ACC a...

May 31, 2012, 3:05 PM

good close look. They will always be a diva and high maintenance but most likely worth the trouble.

Getting them to join the ACC is much more likely than pigs flying but not much. I think they will end up in the B1G. Overall they are a better fit there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe so but it would be a good fit for us too...

May 31, 2012, 3:25 PM

I was at the '77 ND game and it was a great one. We almost won. They won the NC that year.

I talked to a Notre Dame Grad About this....

May 31, 2012, 3:28 PM [ in reply to To be honest I believe eventually ND will give the ACC a... ]

i asked, why not the Big-10?, seems liek a natural fit... And he was emphatic about the hatred ..... Didn't get into it.... and then I mentioned the ACC ... and he said, "that might work..." Granted, just a guy ... you never know....

I think it would be an awesome fit....***

May 31, 2012, 3:34 PM

It would help but there are tons of problems to solve with

May 31, 2012, 2:46 PM [ in reply to If ND were to join what would you say then?*** ]

the ACC.

1) Scheduling (including bringing in OCC with 9 game scheule and scheduling big games like Clemson-FSU at the end of the year)
2) Promotion
3) Bowl tie-ins
4) TV (including money, start times, prime-time exposure, and eleminating any Friday night games)
5) Divisional alignment to put football first schools on one side and basketball first on the other side)
6) Bridging Culture-SC: football first culture vs NC:basketball first culture
7) At the heart of all of this is leadership.

With 9 Conference Games, what is the problem?

May 31, 2012, 3:33 PM

So that leaves 3 games to play "others" .... can't we "can" the cupcake games? Someone said theres an agreement to play 2 games against local Community Colleges .... really? Play one easy game, and two, say, SEC games, or just play 3 big games out of Conference ... for example, USCAR, UGA, and everybody's favorite IOWA STATE!!! IN LATE NOVEMBER! Yes, I can't wait.....

Upstate SC here

May 31, 2012, 2:15 PM [ in reply to Are you from South Carolina? Because the ones I have talked ]

Upstate SC.... home.... yes, we do have to look out for Clemson first. Jumping to a far off conference isn't it, improving the one we're in makes a lot more sense.

Except when the one you are in--will NOT give you access

May 31, 2012, 2:19 PM

to the highest level of competition, exposure, recruiting, and ability to play for it all.

Austria-Hungrary was a great country until World War I.

[i]IF[/i] there is any benefit to the move to the Big XII, I

May 31, 2012, 2:22 PM

still don't see it, but I'll just say IF, it is a very minor benefit, and exists for ONLY football.

All other sports will actually take a step backwards.

Oh, I get it--basketball and soccer are your game?

May 31, 2012, 2:25 PM
018.jpg(150.3 K)

No, I'm saying the minor gain of football is outweighed

May 31, 2012, 2:27 PM

by the losses in all other sports.

We (and our friends, respective of each camp) will just have

May 31, 2012, 2:29 PM

to agree to disagree.

If it's all about football.....

May 31, 2012, 2:35 PM

Yes you are right, if it's about the university then it would be more advantageous to stay depending on whether FSU and other schools stay. Miami has re-committed to staying, VT won't leave, GT can't rejoin the SEC, FSU talk of leaving is less than ours.

Talking about football history....

May 31, 2012, 3:28 PM [ in reply to We (and our friends, respective of each camp) will just have ]

ACC teams have an overall 37 national football championships including our two newest members....

Top 5 conferences in history:

Big 10 67
SEC 54
ACC 37
PAC 10 33
Big 12 18

About the same as me being interested in Maryland, Pitt,

May 31, 2012, 1:43 PM [ in reply to Again, what is so great about the Big-12????? ]

Syracuse, or BC.

I'll be honest--unless they are even good in football I have no interest in UNCheat, Duke, Virginia, or Wake Forest. Just-plain boring.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

but iowa state, kansas and k-state-them's some football

May 31, 2012, 3:43 PM

powerhouses.

FAT TAX NOW!

Re: Again, what is so great about the Big-12?????

May 31, 2012, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Again, what is so great about the Big-12????? ]

Hooters you have proved time and time again you dont understand the subject. You should probably stop posting about it.

You still believe the SEC will take us.

null

May 31, 2012, 12:47 PM

I personally believe this >>>>> BIG X11 logo will be on our Uniforms in 2013.

YOU will still be in the SEC...coot***

May 31, 2012, 12:49 PM

That you, york?***

May 31, 2012, 1:45 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't think we will either but it's going to be a painful

May 31, 2012, 2:06 PM

exit for us and FSU...it's going to cause the conf pain so I'm certain they will try and sue both of us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 31, 2012, 2:10 PM

They arent going to expand because Texas is a bunch of Pu@@ys

we may very well be leaving, but you also might threaten to

May 31, 2012, 3:39 PM

leave in order to improve your financial standing with the ACC. the girlfriend comparison is not exactly on point. in order to make that threat, however, you must be willing to follow through. but that doesn't mean there's no going back.

FAT TAX NOW!

Why do y'all respond to this woman's posts

Sep 14, 2012, 11:25 AM

you know she is a troll.

Re: Why do y'all respond to this woman's posts

Sep 14, 2012, 4:56 PM

I know $50,000,000 reason why we can't go

Replies: 70
| visibility 1