Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Walt really high on Virginia Tech
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 75
| visibility 1

Walt really high on Virginia Tech

Oct 10, 2016, 3:41 PM

saying they won't lost another game and we will play them in the ACC title game and that that game will be an absolute war

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Walt really high on Virginia Tech

Oct 10, 2016, 3:49 PM

That's cute

Oct 10, 2016, 3:50 PM

Lol. Lucky Top beat them. We'd be fine.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

+1 for "Lucky Top"...***

Oct 10, 2016, 4:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep. Couldn't turn the radio off fast enough.

Oct 10, 2016, 4:00 PM

He called it all along. Just ask him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. Couldn't turn the radio off fast enough.

Oct 10, 2016, 8:56 PM

Actually, he was pumping up Virginia Tech at the preseason kickoff show at Twin Peaks. He said they were his dark horse to win the ACC.

Oct 10, 2016, 4:11 PM

Had to find someone to root for. We all know he's a closet coot (dislikes Clemson).

I don't know about us winning out....

Oct 10, 2016, 4:13 PM

I like our match-up against Miami in Lane on Thursday night. When Tech is good, that's as tough a place to come away with a win in as there is in college football. I can see us slipping up against Pitt or Duke on the road. However, I think this is the most talented and disciplined VT team in a while. An ACC championship against you guys would be one hell of a ball game. Hope y'all continue the great season! Would love to be in Orlando with y'alls fanbase!

I agree,no one on Y'alls schedule will beat you.

Oct 10, 2016, 4:19 PM

However, Y'all are not ready for Clemson.

The players on our team have seen Alabama, and two dominant

Oct 10, 2016, 4:39 PM

Ohio State teams. Clemson's a great team, but if you think anyone in the VT program is intimidated by y'all you're delusional. You all seem to forget how recent ago we were the kings of the ACC. This team is hungry. Bud Foster is re-energized and we have one of the top receiving corps in the country. I firmly believe we can stand toe-toe with Clemson.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Oct 10, 2016, 4:52 PM

Last time you tried to stand toe-to-toe with Clemson we beat you in that crap hole of a stadium and again in the ACCCG. And you don't want to compare your receivers to ours.

If you were ready to stand up to Clemson, you wouldn't say you might drop one on the road at Duke. Go home, you're drunk.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I mean if you wanna go back 5 years, I can go back 9 years

Oct 10, 2016, 4:55 PM

and talk about how we curb stomped you all in your stadium. Completely new teams. I'm just being realistic considering we've only played 5 games. I can see us winning out and I can see us being upset. Just like Clemson could be upset. No need to be an ####### my man. All the respect in the world for the Clemson Tigers. Y'all are one of the top programs.

The difference is, there isn't a chance in heck we'd

Oct 10, 2016, 4:59 PM

get upset at Duke or Pitt. Upset in Tally? Possibly, but not Duke or Pitt. But keep making excuses that turnovers caused you to lose to Tennessee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You're one of those really spoiled fans huh? I have all

Oct 10, 2016, 5:04 PM

the respect in the world for Clemson. I don't know why you're so agressive lol. I'm simply here to say I think a VT-Clemson match up this year would be a dandy. Relax a little.

You are the one who mentioned what happened 9 years ago

Oct 10, 2016, 5:09 PM

I remember that day very well, having been there. What I saw was VT fans showing us who they really are. I've never seen such a display of disrespect when we tried to show you nothing but respect. Want to know why I don't like VT? Next time you're sitting in your crap hole stadium shaking your keys on 3rd down, look around. That's why.

Every fan base has there bad batch. Just like Clemson,

Oct 10, 2016, 5:13 PM

Blacksburg is a top notch place to enjoy a college football game. You're in the vast minority with your opinion of our fanbase. Just ask the College Gameday crew. Hope you get a chance to come to Blacksburg for a game. You'll be treated with nothing, but respect.

It wasn't a bad batch, it was the entire visiting section

Oct 10, 2016, 5:16 PM

chanting their little hoki chants while our band was playing our alma mater during the pre-game. Immediately after OUR band played YOUR alma mater. So it wasn't a couple bad apples, it was all of them.

If doing one of our chants during your alma mater

Oct 10, 2016, 5:18 PM

is the worst thing our fanbase has done, than so be it. On behalf of all VT fans I apologize for chanting and being excited about a game while your band was playing. It's football man.

It's about respect, y'all have none. That was proven

Oct 10, 2016, 5:22 PM

when we went out of our way to be respectful. The fact that you don't understand just proves my point.

I've said multiple times in this thread I respect the hell

Oct 10, 2016, 5:27 PM

out of Clemson. We did one of our chants during your alma mater. You're acting like our fans pissed on Howard's rock. Relax. If you guys did your Clemson chant during our alma mater I'd be okay with it. That's what fans do. They yell and cheer. Once again. Its football my dude. Hope y'all have a great rest of the season.

Thanks!

Oct 10, 2016, 5:36 PM

Hope y'all lose the rest of your games.

They did the same thing in Charlotte.***

Oct 11, 2016, 3:06 PM [ in reply to It wasn't a bad batch, it was the entire visiting section ]

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can understand you wanting to build up your own team up,

Oct 10, 2016, 4:54 PM [ in reply to The players on our team have seen Alabama, and two dominant ]

but saying VT has one of the top receiving corps in the country makes you lose all credibility.

How so? Multiple national writers have agreed. Isaiah Ford

Oct 10, 2016, 4:57 PM

led the ACC in every receiving category last year. Bucky Hodges is a match-up nightmare. Cam Phillips is a do it all receiver. Do some research bud. I don't think you know very much about our team.

Re: How so? Multiple national writers have agreed. Isaiah Ford

Oct 10, 2016, 5:00 PM

Match up nightmare for every defensive coordinator not named venables.

Hopefully we see Venable's defense! Would be an interesting

Oct 10, 2016, 5:01 PM

match-up for sure. I played against Ben Boulware in high school. He actually knocked me out of the game.

Let's be honest

Oct 10, 2016, 5:16 PM [ in reply to How so? Multiple national writers have agreed. Isaiah Ford ]

Putting up decent numbers with 2 WRs and a glorified TE doesn't necessarily qualify y'all as having a top receiving corps..

We are stacked beyond the 2-deep (not including our TEs) with WRs that would start on any team in the nation. That's how you rate a top caliber receiving corps.

You could even argue that our current 2 best receivers (Mike Williams, Deon Cain) are playing better than our All-ACC receiver Artavis Scott. And that's not even taking into account Hunter Renfrow.. Trevion Thompson.. Next level of stars in Cornell Powell and Diondre Overton.. Even the talent we have on the way in our next class..

Might want to do some research on your end, bud.

I have. I played high school ball with Adam Humphries

Oct 10, 2016, 5:21 PM

and Charone Peake. I played baseball with Hunter Renfrow. Mike Williams is a freak. Artavis Scott is electrifying. I didn't say we were the best, but I strongly believe we're up there. We can agree to disagree. Isaiah Ford put up better numbers than all of your receivers with Michael Brewer at QB. Bucky Hodges put up better numbers than your tight end. Now we have a Quarterback.

Uhhh..it wasn't when the Tigers whupped gobbler

Oct 10, 2016, 4:20 PM [ in reply to I don't know about us winning out.... ]

#### last time we were there.....
Just sayin'

We will curb stomp va tech

Oct 10, 2016, 4:21 PM

I hope that day comes

Trust me bud. We hope it comes too. Nobody forgot what y'all

Oct 10, 2016, 4:36 PM

did to us and neither has Bud Foster. I wouldn't be too cocky if I were you. Clemson has all the talent in the world, but VT is looking dominant. If the game comes it will be a good one.

Welcome back Hokie.***

Oct 10, 2016, 4:39 PM

Re: Welcome back Hokie.***

Oct 10, 2016, 4:40 PM

Thanks Tiger. Always enjoy chatting with Clemson people. One of my favorite fan bases in the country.

Re: Trust me bud. We hope it comes too. Nobody forgot what y'all

Oct 10, 2016, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Trust me bud. We hope it comes too. Nobody forgot what y'all ]

No doubt that you guys winning out would help our résumé. If Lamar Jackson couldn't do it I don't think you guys will be able too. However it is a long season and injuries could change everything.

Oct 10, 2016, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Trust me bud. We hope it comes too. Nobody forgot what y'all ]

No doubt that you guys winning out would help our résumé. If Lamar Jackson couldn't do it I don't think you guys will be able too. However it is a long season and injuries could change everything.

wanting revenge against Clemson, and getting it are

two very different things. I'm looking at you Sooners. LOL.

Bring it castrated turkeys!

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: wanting revenge against Clemson, and getting it are

Oct 10, 2016, 4:44 PM

I get that. I just have a lot of faith in my team at this point in the season. We've looked dominant since turning over the ball 5 times against Tennessee. Hopefully if we play y'all we don't give you bulletin board material like Oklahoma did.

Dominate teams don't lose by 21 or worry about losing to Pitt or Duke, regardless of location.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Oct 10, 2016, 4:46 PM

We beat Tennessee in every statistical category in that game except turnovers and the scoreboard. We hang on to the ball, we win that game. Also, VT has never one on the road at Pitt so a lot of us are looking at that game as a trap. I didn't come here to get in an argument. We have a great team and if we get the chance to play y'all I think it will be a very competitive game. Thats all.

Seems like y'all finally have a QB.

Oct 10, 2016, 4:49 PM

I'm sure he has his feet under him since UT?

We have. Jerod Evans is the real deal.

Oct 10, 2016, 4:53 PM

I think he's solidified himself as a top 3 QB in the ACC along with Lamar and DW4. 15 TD's and 1 pick. Only Mariota, RG3, Geno Smith, and Chase Daniel have done that in the modern CFB era.

well that makes a world of difference. VT had fallen off the

Oct 10, 2016, 4:58 PM

Map in that regard. You guys went into a black hole for a while at the QB position. It will be good to have you guys back making noise in the costal.

Yep! The last 4 years have been brutal. VT coming back

Oct 10, 2016, 5:00 PM

only makes everyone else in the conference better.

And that's the way it was supposed to be. Clemson and Fla St

Oct 10, 2016, 5:03 PM

On one side. With you guys and Miami on the other. We just never got all four on the same page at the same time.

Hope to see you in Orlando.......and hope you don't like the outcome.

Looks like we might get all four on the same page this year.

Oct 10, 2016, 5:06 PM

Good luck the rest of the season! My sister is a freshman at Clemson and loves it. Orlando would be a great time.

Same to you. Lots to love in the upstate these days!***

Oct 10, 2016, 5:08 PM

I am a recent Clemson grad and would love to meet this sister of yours.

Oct 10, 2016, 5:28 PM [ in reply to Looks like we might get all four on the same page this year. ]

I keep getting older but they seem to stay 18-19. Weird how that works.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

1.) She'd kick your ###. 2.) You've graduated and are

Oct 10, 2016, 5:31 PM

trying to meet a freshman? Ouch.

Oct 10, 2016, 5:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Trust me bud. We hope it comes too. Nobody forgot what y'all ]

Sorry if I sounded standoffish (rereading my post I can see how it could be seen that way). Last week I actually picked the winner of the VT or UNC game to win the coastal. I think y'all have a good team but Clemson has top 5 talent and a top 5 coaching staff. I think if we are to play in the ACCCG y'all would keep it close going into half time but Clemson would take control in the 3rd. Fuente is an excellent coach and with time he will build VT into a very good team that could hang with anyone but I don't see it for this season.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

If he doesn't bail for a better football school in the

Oct 10, 2016, 5:04 PM

off season. A lot of big time jobs will be open.

He was contacted by every single school with an

Oct 10, 2016, 5:11 PM

opening last season and only picked up the phone for VT. Are we a blue blood? Hell no. However, we're in the next tier. People don't realize how good of a job VT is. Loyal fanbase, exceptional AD, and a storied past. I don't see him fleeing for a while if at all. Fuente has said VT is his dream job.

So you don't think he'd leave for Oklahoma?***

Oct 10, 2016, 5:14 PM

This is the school that if he leaves, everyone thinks he

Oct 10, 2016, 5:23 PM

would leave for. However, he had some issues his senior year at Oklahoma that led to him to wanting to transfer. I don't think he's longing to go home to Oklahoma like its his life long dream job.

Right, because you already said VT is his dream job***

Oct 10, 2016, 5:24 PM

I see where you're coming from. Our fanbase is still

Oct 10, 2016, 5:08 PM [ in reply to Re: Trust me bud. We hope it comes too. Nobody forgot what y'all ]

cautiously optimistic. Lot of season left to be played. We look very good through 5 weeks, but we don't have the depth that Clemson does right now. Staying healthy will make or break our season.

Well, we turned it over 5 times against Louisville and won.

Oct 10, 2016, 5:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Trust me bud. We hope it comes too. Nobody forgot what y'all ]

What's your other excuse?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Louisville turned it over 3 times. Tennessee once in garbage

Oct 10, 2016, 5:34 PM

time. They also scored after every single turnover. Louisville did not. See the difference?

the turnover excuse is the stupidest thing that

Oct 10, 2016, 5:37 PM

football fans use.

Re: the turnover excuse is the stupidest thing that

Oct 10, 2016, 6:28 PM

I don't even know why we are having this conversation. What has Va Tech done that's so great? Beat Boston College? Beat UNC? Beat ECU ?

They've won 2 ACC games and suddenly they're back to being "King".

Clemson will take Va Tech to the woodshed. The gap in talent and coaching level between the two schools is widddddeeeee.

Message was edited by: E36Tiger®

Message was edited by: E36Tiger®

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: the turnover excuse is the stupidest thing that

Oct 10, 2016, 6:34 PM

I think Fuente was a great hire , and I had a feeling he would do good things at VT .
Maybe this is too early to say they're back , but they are showing signs if life offensively (Fuente) and Foster has always coached good defenses .
I think they are a couple notches down from us talent and depth wise ...but we struggled against Troy so underperforming talent can get you beat .
Clemson is elite right now , so VT would have to play lights out to beat us in Orlando .
That said , BEAT NC STATE !

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I see the difference, defense. Our defense is better than

Oct 10, 2016, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Louisville turned it over 3 times. Tennessee once in garbage ]

yours, so we were able to get stops when we needed to, and we were able to force more turnovers.

Re: Louisville turned it over 3 times. Tennessee once in garbage

Oct 10, 2016, 8:47 PM [ in reply to Louisville turned it over 3 times. Tennessee once in garbage ]

i'll make it simple. vt is nowhere near ready, nor in the thought process. dw would have to be out of game and we turn the ball over 7-8 times, and even then it would be doubtful. there is a real possibility vt loses at pitt , miami, and the irish. you can look forward to playing us, but be careful what you wish for. vt is a good "little" team - would be a nice appetizer for tigers

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

What is it with schools that have bird mascots and their delusions?***

Oct 10, 2016, 7:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Trust me bud. We hope it comes too. Nobody forgot what y'all ]

nm

There's something in these hills.

they are "up in the air"***

Oct 11, 2016, 2:00 PM

LOL

Oct 10, 2016, 7:03 PM [ in reply to Trust me bud. We hope it comes too. Nobody forgot what y'all ]

We are all just trembling at the thought of Bud Foster.

Get real, dude.

LOL we would destroy you.***

Oct 10, 2016, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Trust me bud. We hope it comes too. Nobody forgot what y'all ]

There's something in these hills.

Haha. Totally agree. Y'all took us out of the game from the

Oct 10, 2016, 4:42 PM [ in reply to Uhhh..it wasn't when the Tigers whupped gobbler ]

start. I think that game was the defining moment that led to y'all taking over the ACC. You beat the king in the kings castle.

Oct 10, 2016, 4:18 PM

I do think VT will win out. The only ranked team they have left on the schedule is Miami and that's at home. I really don't think Miami is legit yet either so to me VT runs the table the rest of the regular season. We will see what happens if both make it to the ACCCG

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think VT is much improved but I think they lose to Miami

Oct 10, 2016, 4:48 PM

I think Miami wins out. I believe VT caught a break with the weather in Chapel Hole last weekend.

Re: I think VT is much improved but I think they lose to Miami

Oct 10, 2016, 4:58 PM

I don't understand this logic. Fuente and Fedora's offenses are almost identical. We played in the same conditions. Our team made plays and we won by 31. If it was good weather, I totally agree that the game would've been closer, but we dominated them. I still think we would've won convincingly.

Re: I think VT is much improved but I think they lose to Miami

Oct 10, 2016, 7:36 PM

Ignore UNC...they're using the Notre Dame 'it's raining on my side of the field' excuse. How can they do that when they're the home team? :)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You should have stopped at "Walt really high".***

Oct 10, 2016, 5:32 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Why listen to him?***

Oct 10, 2016, 6:36 PM

Deputla has to latch on to another contrarian team

Oct 10, 2016, 8:06 PM

since Paul Johnson and Ga. Tech have gone into the toilet.

Oct 11, 2016, 4:12 PM

They do look good and they beat BC about the same way we did so it would probably be a good game. First year coach.. if it is going to work they are likely to get better and better as the year goes.

Replies: 75
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic