Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Sweet Tee: Higgins' spring game performance was refreshing, and a sign of things to come
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

New Story: Sweet Tee: Higgins' spring game performance was refreshing, and a sign of things to come

Apr 24, 2018, 1:57 PM

Sweet Tee: Higgins' spring game performance was refreshing, and a sign of things to come

Is there anything better than Sweet Tee on a warm spring day in Clemson? Clemson wide receiver Tee Higgins caught four passes for 118 yards and two touchdowns in last week’s spring game, and while his name (Tee) isn’t spelled the same way as the popular drink we all love, his performance was refreshing. At times, his body took on an almost liquid form as he went up and over defenders with ease. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I love Sweet Tea, can't wait to see him become

Apr 24, 2018, 2:32 PM

Dominant and develop a connection with the starting QB the way Mike Williams did with Deshaun, so they know what the other one is thinking because of coverage they see.

Tee has the potential to be the best we have ever had beside Hunter Renfrow ??.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Re: I love Sweet Tea, can't wait to see him become

Apr 24, 2018, 3:33 PM

I think that Tee and Hunter make up two equally important but different aspects of our passing game.... We didn't see enough of either of them last year. Whoever the QB is this year needs to air the ball out more and not simply depend on his feet to make plays. Clemson "O" must be two dimensional.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He seems he just has to get stronger and everythig else...

Apr 24, 2018, 4:32 PM [ in reply to I love Sweet Tea, can't wait to see him become ]

will fall in place. He will be an all time NFL great one day.

We were missing someone with that catch radius.

Apr 24, 2018, 4:30 PM

Mike William's and Nuk would catch anything thrown in the same time zone. We missed that last season and the big radius of underrated Jordan Leggett.

Personally, I think this is the reason we did not repeat. No BS, IMO if we'd had Leggett, we could have won it all. If we'd had William's and Leggett...hands down. I know some will say but Bryant couldn't get the ball to them. Those two bailed out Deshaun and made catches on poorly thrown ball in more than one occassion.

That's what Higgins brings. A 6'4 body that plays like an 8 ft body.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We were missing someone with that catch radius.

Apr 24, 2018, 4:30 PM

Mike William's and Nuk would catch anything thrown in the same time zone. We missed that last season and the big radius of underrated Jordan Leggett.

Personally, I think this is the reason we did not repeat. No BS, IMO if we'd had Leggett, we could have won it all. If we'd had William's and Leggett...hands down. I know some will say but Bryant couldn't get the ball to them. Those two bailed out Deshaun and made catches on poorly thrown ball in more than one occassion.

That's what Higgins brings. A 6'4 body that plays like an 8 ft body.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were missing someone with that catch radius.

Apr 24, 2018, 5:03 PM

Now instead of the orange and white chant weekend do sweet. tea sweet tea

Hopefully T will continue to work hard to allow coaches

Apr 24, 2018, 9:54 PM

to play him ... and move forward from the coach speak ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tee. Renfrow. Amari. Thompson/Overton

Apr 25, 2018, 12:07 AM

We have a talented WR corps! Maybe the deepest in the country! I won't bother saying: " if we can't get them the football it don't matter"! It has been said enough. I agree with it 100%. Get it to them "in play"! A catchable ball! You have to be a bit of a gunslinger to be a good QB in my opinion. Deshaun would throw an untimely INT. So would Farve. Manning. Brees. You can't be scared to throw over the middle if that is what the defense is giving you!
Which brings me to this: We have Milan/Chalk at TE. But, i.m.o this offense is far more scary with a scarier TE to have to worry about. Teams including Bama must respect the talent on the outside we have. You must respect the passing of the QB 1st and foremost. But, secondly the ability of those WR to make plays. Then your RB's have to be able along w/OL take advantage of running against non-loaded boxes! Let's say a defense is stout enough to actually do both. If you have that fast athletic TE who will give LB's all sorts of match up trouble..............the defense would be at your mercy! He likely wouldn't give you much as a blocker; except on plays that are traditional passing downs(smaller people to block). But, if the QB competition goes like many want/ many suspect. I think KB is far too athletic not to use in that role. The other guys are talented; no doubt. But, separation ability and size and athleticism would make him a monster for this offense at that position. If he does not win the starting QB job!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic