Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We were in total control the whole game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

We were in total control the whole game

Oct 7, 2017, 9:28 PM

It's awesome that dabo is getting the opportunity to develop his team. That will pay great dividends. Stop complaining and realize what is happening. A dynasty is being built in front of us. I'd like to score 50 too but I'd rather develop my guys to bludgeon my opponents.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^ Exactly

Oct 7, 2017, 9:32 PM

but don't tell ESPN or our Final 4 opponents.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

actually

Oct 7, 2017, 10:09 PM

All the post-game analysis I watched simply said we won in a game we dominated entirely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Re: We were in total control the whole game

Oct 7, 2017, 9:57 PM

We have been the whole season. I expected to see more development of the deep pass game as we'll need it later in the post season but we are doing great.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 10:02 PM

Exactly. Dabo is employing a great strategy. This year he has the defense and the depth to play a lot of guys because of the fact that we control the game. People who are complaining don't know much about football.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2017, 10:10 PM

The high number of players they will be able to evaluate after this game is invaluable. Much more so than running up the score or opening up our play book for the world to see. It's a process, and I can't remember anybody that works a process better than Dabo.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's also very smart for recruiting.

Oct 7, 2017, 10:19 PM

When we pitched Amari Rodgers and Tee Higgins (and many others)I'm sure we told these guys they would get playing time as true freshman.

So Dabo is also staying true to his word which recruits understand.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It's also very smart for recruiting.

Oct 8, 2017, 12:03 AM

No more red shirts with all the elite talent. They will be playing early as Dabo has shown he will play as many guys as he can. Medical redshirt will be only reason and recruits love knowing they will be in game action early on ??

Re: It's also very smart for recruiting.

Oct 8, 2017, 12:11 AM [ in reply to It's also very smart for recruiting. ]

I agree, he is keeping his word. Very smart to build depth with valuable playing time which will in return pay dividends in the future.

What is better than winning while...

Oct 8, 2017, 12:07 AM

letting almost everyone play and allowing the team to develop for the future.

Our fans should have got it by now that’s how it works now.

Dude. Don't come in here spouting the truth.

Oct 8, 2017, 12:15 AM

We don't blow out teams...we let guys play meaningful snaps...this isn't the pre-playoff days. Make the finals, let guys get experience. Style points mean less than ever for the playoff. The Heisman and championship used to be the same type of popularity contest but not anymore, you may get one bogus team in but they gEt exposed. Just imagine the bama vs Lsu scenario now. They could both get beat the first round of the playoffs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 9:11 AM

Great post and many great replies here. You guys get it!

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:37 AM

Also, we have had relative few injuries due to players being fresh and playing fewer reps. I think this will pay off immensely as we get deeper into the season and hopefully into the playoffs.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:19 AM

I could not have said it better! So many people don't understand that those players are our future wins! They need to be on the field for the experience! I have always said a win is a win! Be happy with the win don't find fault in Dabo and how he does! He is the one that got us to #NationalChamps!

Isn't that a given that we would be in control...

Oct 8, 2017, 9:21 AM

the whole game vs Wake Forest?

Imo, a dynasty is built.***

Oct 8, 2017, 9:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 8, 2017, 9:28 AM

I too wished we would have put a few more points on the board. I also HATED those late scores by Wake but understand the bigger picture. The younger guys need snaps. It helps with development and our staff does a great job in developing players.

Oct 8, 2017, 9:28 AM

I agree. However I will say that the Oklahoma game yesterday is an example of what can happen if you let up. They were up 24-7. Of course they don’t have a D like ours... my only concern is I think our O still loses focus too early in the game. Renfrow said the same thing last night. I think that’s just a maturity thing. Go Tigers.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic