Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We were given a #2 ranking from the get go and have managed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

We were given a #2 ranking from the get go and have managed

Sep 30, 2018, 6:28 PM

to be unimpressive enough to drop to #4. That may be huge if we are somehow lucky enough to go unbeaten. We could be left out even with an unbeaten record if Notre Dame (who will not have to play a conference championship game) goes undefeated, and other teams (Oklahoma, Ohio State and Penn State) do not lose another game. Would really love for Army to have pulled out that overtime game vs Oklahoma and Appalachian State to have pulled out their overtime game vs Penn State. If Notre Dame edges out an unbeaten or one loss ACC Champion, or any other conference champion should usher in high pressure for Notre Dame to join a league, but it won't.

Honestly, I don't see us going unbeaten unless we improve our situation on offense. I agreed that T. Lawrence needed to be the first team QB and still do. I was hoping Saturday was to be a continuation of the GT performance for Lawrence. While I think Lawrence played very well vs
Syracuse, the fact is, when he was injured it was late 2nd qtr and we still had only 7 points. Granted, he was throwing the ball well, but there was a drive that ended on 4th and 1 to a punt, there was a fumble on an exchange on another drive after an impressive throw, and there was a touchdown drive. I think he was playing well when he went down, 10 of 15 for 93 yards. Now, we don't even know when he will return. I am assuming he is out the Wake Forest game. We can certainly lose to them without Lawrence. Even with him, it is iffy on the road. Wake scored 28 in early 2nd qtr vs Rice. Granted, it was rice. but I don't know who we'd put 28 on in a qtr and a half.

Our defense came to the rescue in the second half vs Syracuse. If our offense could just create separation early by scoring while our defense is holding down the other team, we could get some breathing room. It is going to be hard to gain lost respect from earlier this season by beating anyone on our schedule. The ACC teams have managed to make the conference look like crap. Even though I feel we could lose to many people on our schedule (NC State still undefeated and playing well with a great QB, Boston College, Duke and at FSU) None of these games will be easy if we have an offense that lets two quarters go by and we only have single digit points. Had our defense not let Texas Am crawl back in, or had our offense looked better vs Georgia Southern and Syracuse we might have held the 2 spot. I know these are just rankings and not the playoff selection committee, but theirs might be much worse if we can't do anything to impress. Certainly the rest of the football world thinks there will be no impression points from winning our leagu and certainly not from beating a South Carolina team that has looked bad in their only two real games (blowout loss to Georgia, and three points at half down 24-3 to Kentucky).

I do firmly believe when Lawrence returns, the offense will begin to open up smoothly and explosively like we all expected to happen vs Syracuse. The problem is, when will he return? I have a bad feeling because we haven't heard anything today. WHen Dabo says so and so wanted to come back in during the game, etc, and then that is followed by silence, it has meant lengthy outage. I am really hoping he is back for the Wake game, but feel like that is probably not going to happen. Will he miss more than one game? That would be a real disaster. Also, Iam worried that Anchrum might be out. And we are also thin in secondary with Mullen out. No word on him yet.
If we can get these people back and get into any kind of offensive groove, we could make a run at a playoff appearance, but it might be hard to win the selection war even if we do.

I can't say enough for the backups that went in and helped us survive the Syracuse game. I will never be able to say enough for Chase Brice and his heroic performance vs Syracuse. Great thanks to him and all of the tigers Saturday.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em coot81to85

Sep 30, 2018, 6:42 PM

5outh Carolina thumb tour 2018

Here is what I wish our coaches would do from here on out...

Sep 30, 2018, 6:49 PM

Anytime we have the ball on our 35 yardline or greater and it is less than 10 yards for a 1st, please, please go into 4 down mode!

We have a world class D.

We have a world class QB.

We have a world class group of receivers.

We have a world class group of RBs.

FOR GODSAKE, GROW A PAIR AND USE THEM!

????

Message was edited by: hufferbilly®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We were given a #2 ranking from the get go and have managed

Sep 30, 2018, 6:51 PM

Tell em coot.

Tell 'em coot

Sep 30, 2018, 7:27 PM

Your pulse is lower than Bentley's qb rating. 9 yards in one half LOLOLOLOLOLOL.

Sep 30, 2018, 6:51 PM

Open date coming at a good time. Wish it were this week, but the next best thing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, really needs to be this week. Might save us from an

Sep 30, 2018, 7:00 PM

injury related loss if it was this week.

This must be you first season watching football

Sep 30, 2018, 6:54 PM

don't worry lots of teams lose and there are never more than 1 or 2 undefeated teams at the end of the season, especially since conference championship games started

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And, yet another absurd

Sep 30, 2018, 7:45 PM

Thread today.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 30, 2018, 7:59 PM

If you think back to 81, "just" going undefeated and beating Nebraska in the Orange Bowl wasn't necessarily considered enough to win our first national title. We also needed Pitt to beat UGa that night. So you are right that some years our best may not be enough. But watch & wait, the momentum can shift for other teams as well. In the meantime, just be proud of our guys for overcoming some unexpected challenges, hang on, & enjoy the ride!

Agree, good post. Just one correction. We were already

Oct 2, 2018, 6:28 PM

#1 and had beaten Georgia the night Pitt beat them in the Sugar and we won the Orange. Georgia needed to win and hope for us to lose. I think what you are referring to is that we needed Penn State to beat #1 Pitt on Thanksgiving weekend that year for us to move up from 2 to 1. Not only did Penn State pull it off for us, they routed Pitt 48-14, Dan Marino and all.

Sep 30, 2018, 8:25 PM

Dabo went "old school" in the 2nd half. I think someone said that earlier. He basically decided to run it down their throats and dominate both sides of the ball.

Sep 30, 2018, 8:47 PM

We are undefeated. All I care.

Sep 30, 2018, 8:50 PM

Deer lawd. Some of you people kill me. He's working out with team this week. Concussion protocol.

Maybe he plays vs. WF, maybe not. Bye week and he's back. Jeesh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Do you have a panic room in your trailer

Oct 2, 2018, 6:34 PM

For when the doorbell rings?

Oct 2, 2018, 6:52 PM

You make a post like this at least once a week .
Dang we are 5-0 #4 in the nation, right where we need to be.
The way we have played is not great but it’s def coming.
Give it a rest and enjoy the ride, I’m sure there is over a hundred fan bases that would trade in a split second.
The schedule is getting ready to get tougher with NCST, BC and FSU the Tigers will turn it up.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic