Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Thank you SEC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Thank you SEC

Aug 3, 2019, 3:30 PM

Thank you SEC and SEC sycophants (would that be a SECophant then?)..

Between Bama, UGA, undeservedly arrogant Will Muschamp (he of the 57% winning percentage - slightly better than a coin flip) and the SECophants - you all continue to question our toughness, our staying power as a national power, the integrity of our program , etc etc....

We thank you for all the ammo...
Dabo will be glad to use it...
The defending national champs and the pre-season #1 will still be bringing a boulder size chip on our shoulder ....

Bad news for all on our schedule..

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thank you SEC

Aug 3, 2019, 4:04 PM

Well....on behalf of the SEC, you're welcome....I guess....for whatever this is about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2019, 4:30 PM

He's referring to the fact that Dabo avoided disgracing Saban and the Tide, but almost all of the SEC couldn't tell.

They (you) don't comprehend class and respect. The first round DT who quit on his team said after the game that our QB was getting lucky throwing up 50/50 balls that somehow their DBs never even got a hand on.

Then a host of people who should know better piped up with their excuses. The rest of College Football is laughing their butts off at you, but you still don't get it.

UGA fans i understand: i live amongst you, and hope springs eternal, you don't face us every year, and you're losing Georgia fans to Bama every year. A title has been within your grasp, only to slip away.

But USC has no excuse for their arrogance unless Mus is admitting that arrogance is all they have.

Bama has no excuse for their arrogance, except for all the times they won championships without having the best teams, so now they believe that getting spanked in the chip game doesn't really prove that they are not the best.

And the SEC'ers who are stuck on "Bama is the best" have no excuse for their arrogance at all.

But our coach slowly loses patience with some people. When he finally tells his coaches and team, "Leave no doubt", it will be like Ben Hur in the chariot race against Messala: the only question should be, how much mercy will he show?

Aug 3, 2019, 4:10 PM

Aggie here... I'm with the Dawg... What? Speaking for Aggies, we enjoyed your fans and recognize the integrity of Dabo and your team. I especially support how they show their Faith publicly. Looking forward to coming to the game in Clemson this year. Hope for the best on the scoreboard, for the Aggies of course, but recognize it will be a long day for me if I come expecting to win... just looking forward to at least the pageantry at this point... lol And hoping we bring the Aggie Band... At least I'll enjoy halftime... ;)

Aug 3, 2019, 4:22 PM

Apologies to the Aggie..
I’ve been to every Clemson aTm game..
And you are without question the classiest fan base in college football...
You guys are in a different league (figuratively speaking) than most in the SEC as far as being hospitable and showing pure class...

So much so - I don’t even think of you when I make negative remarks regarding the SEC..

Again...I apologize..
If you don’t know what I’m talking about...
Just take a look at some of the rhetoric from SEC media days and the SEC network regarding Clemson..not from every coaching staff or fan base of course...

And Will Muschamp... must think his team is finally decent ... he’s as arrogant as I’ve seen him...
I imagine you Aggies beat them by at least 20 this year..

Aug 3, 2019, 5:16 PM

Haha... fair nuff, my friend.

This is a bit weird (but fun in a way though), the different perspectives. We (Aggies) love to host most fans of other schools. Always have. Not at all in a way to thrust our own traditions upon our guests, but as we say "there's no sense in having traditions if your guests hate you for them..."

When we were in the Big 12 (aka "BDF"... or Big Dumpster Fire) we were often accused of being a "cult", and got some of the worst and most disrespectful treatment about our traditions. IMO, the only two schools in the Big 12 we got along with from a fan perspective were Nebraska and K-State, simply because both of those fan basis are classy. At Nebraska, it was almost not even enjoyable, as at least some sporting smack can be fun. At KSU, you got some, but they made a huge impression on me when we tore their hearts out after a win vs them, and their loss prevented them from going to the National Title game. All I heard from them was "great game."

But the fan experience with all other schools was at best, absent (since their fans didn't travel well) or at worst, toxic. I don't recall any of their fan bases coming to College Station to actually partake and enjoy the pageantry of College Football, seem inquisitive as to our traditions, and accept invites to our tailgates en masse. For the record, we enjoyed the hell outta Clemson Tiger fans last year, as you did swarm us with your fans, accept our invites to tailgates all over the place, and lined the streets to watch the Corps March in before taking your seats in Kyle Field for what turned out to be an exciting, barn-burner of a game. Your fans stood, as we do, to watch the Aggie Band at halftime, and many of them clapped and cheered their approval when they ran off the field. THAT... my friends, NEVER happened in the Big 12.

On the outside looking in, we understand our traditions and "gameday culture" can be viewed very "strange", so no sweat if fans of other schools don't think much of them. Each one of them can be explained. But in the Big 12, for example, it was overt hatred toward them. For example, our Corps seniors in boots would be referred to as "Nazis" - never mind the fact the boots are American riding boots from the turn of the 20th Century and maintained by tradition, and never mind the fact that so many Aggies have died in wars for America (still, the largest standing Corps outside of the Military Academies). Let's just say, it was BAAAD in the Big 12, and we were glad to get away from it. Let's not even get into the arrogance of "the other school in Texas" that drove us crazy too (along with schools like Nebraska, Colorado and Missouri out of the conference).

Lot's of background to say, in the SEC, we haven't gotten the shabby treatment we had in the BDF, and you will find the Aggies are proud and grateful to be in the SEC. We have thought for decades we should have been in the SEC anyway. Yes, we recognize the SEC schools each have their own culture, and LSU seems to be our antithesis school. We do recognize there is "conference pride", but we actually like that, as we had no conference pride in the BDF.

Aug 3, 2019, 5:18 PM

PS - The "####" was "enjoyed the h ell" haha... Not sure why your site filters that out...

We went to the game in Texas last year and, I must say, ....

Aug 3, 2019, 7:14 PM

A&M’s tradition was well worth the price of admission and the plane flight from N.C. We went to Yell Practice and loved “chopping the horns off the Longhorns”! The band was spectacular and rivals the OSU band if not better! And, 30,000 students.....standing the ENTIRE game and, representing 42% of the student body, capped off an exciting day!

We would love to have you join our tailgate parties! We are in lot 2 behind the north (visitor) stands in spaces 106/107 against a row of trees. We drive 2 Suburbans.

Re: We went to the game in Texas last year and, I must say, ....

Aug 3, 2019, 7:26 PM

Hope to make it by. Aggie friends that went to Clemson when we played y'all several years back had nothing but good to say about the experience as well. Should be a fun day! I don't think our team will be seasoned and ready enough to face Clemson as the second game of the season AT Clemson, so I'm just hoping for great weather and good college football pageantry vibes this trip. :D

Aug 3, 2019, 7:30 PM [ in reply to Re: Thank you SEC ]

PS - Doesn't surprise me you guys have no love for Will... may I remind you his pedigree went through a program Aggies don't have much love for...

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic