Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We want SC to be good
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

We want SC to be good

Dec 16, 2015, 5:17 PM

Call me a coot but I would rather be playing (and beat) a top 15 SC team than a 3-forever citadel losing dumster fire. They are on our schedule every year and of they aren't good/decent it hurts is in the long run. Any thoughts or objections? Sarcasm is welcomed as well. ??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope and it

Dec 16, 2015, 5:20 PM

didn't hurt us this year.

It has never hurt us any year...ever

Dec 16, 2015, 5:24 PM

their might have been a couple of years that we didn't play at noon, but that's it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: It has never hurt us any year...ever

Dec 16, 2015, 5:34 PM

With the SOS being the main reason we are in the CFP it could hurt us. We won't play a ND every year and we can't solely rely on FSU to be our only signature win.

LOL...$CU a signature win....

Dec 16, 2015, 5:50 PM

We have defeated $CU 67 times in the 113 year history of the rivalry and you can count on one hand the number of those wins that would be considered "signature" wins.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Uhhhh....no....WE don't !!!!

Dec 16, 2015, 5:20 PM

I sincerely hope that every calamity, hardship or misfortune imaginable befalls that program. It couldn't happen to a more deserving fan base.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Absolutely

Dec 16, 2015, 5:21 PM

NOT!!!
they can mire in mediocrity forever...

Re: Absolutely

Dec 16, 2015, 5:23 PM

Exactly!

I had much rather see them stuck at mediocre with a glimmer of hope for greatness, but always out of reach.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wish them nothing but misery.***

Dec 16, 2015, 5:21 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

^^^ditto^^^***

Dec 16, 2015, 7:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

I hope 3-9 is their best year in a long time

Dec 16, 2015, 5:22 PM

My favorite years were 0-21

Re: We want SC to be good

Dec 16, 2015, 5:34 PM

What have you been drinking?

Dec 16, 2015, 5:38 PM

My wife has me on a water diet??

You obviously don't live around any coots

Dec 16, 2015, 5:40 PM

I wouldn't care if they were good if it wasn't for the fan base. They are obnoxious enough as it is, but when the ##### are winning it goes into overdrive.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 5:45 PM

How does them sucking hurt us?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 5:48 PM

Strength of Schedule is main reason. The ACC does not get a lot of respect so the concern is we could at some point run the table and be left out of the CFP

Dec 16, 2015, 6:29 PM

Did we get left out this year? Simple yes or no will do

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 6:55 PM

If ND is not on our schedule do we make the CFP as a 1 seed?

Dec 16, 2015, 7:11 PM

Not what I asked. I asked if we got left out THIS year? Yes or no?

Dec 16, 2015, 7:12 PM [ in reply to Re: We want SC to be good ]

And yes we do, if we still finished 13-0 even without Notre Dame, we make the playoffs.

CORRECT

Dec 16, 2015, 7:17 PM

There was another undefeated team in the top 4 who had a much weaker SOS than ours, but they lost in week 13.

Dec 16, 2015, 7:20 PM [ in reply to Re: We want SC to be good ]

It's shouldnt be hard to understand why beating them while they are ranked or relevant is far better than us beating them while they are worthless and have nothing to play for. It leads to a no win situation like we had this year.

We want SC to suck, then just

Dec 16, 2015, 7:39 PM

trade in one of the weak teams we usually mix in there, like Wofford or App State, for a better team...same SOS result but we can laugh at the c0cks and not have to listen to them.

I presume you are a troll, because personally my fellow Tiger friends I know love watching each and every USuCk game to root against them and we bask in their defeat. Not getting to enjoy a season of gamecock losses would really put a damper on my season and spirits.

Re: We want SC to suck, then just

Dec 16, 2015, 7:45 PM

Not a troll (I have the degree to prove it) just have a different opinion that's all. I enjoy Clemson winning more than SC losing and the fans I know are not obnoxious so I'm sure that plays a part as well.

Dec 16, 2015, 7:52 PM

We all enjoy watching Clemson win more than watching the Gamecocks lose...

But we mostly all enjoy watching the Gamecocks lose more than anything else like SOS consequences. One lousy opponent won't affect our SOS and playoff chances, this year being evidence of that, so once you know it doesn't really matter, how can you not say ok well nevermind then let them burn in flames and lose 'em all!

To stand by and say you wish they had gone undefeated, while knowing going 3-9 made no difference, means we couldn't have received any benefit from it, and you are basically wishing them a great season to their benefit only. How can you wish good things for the gamecocks as a Tiger? Gamecocks just make me sick and them doing well just makes me sicker.

Dec 16, 2015, 7:58 PM [ in reply to We want SC to suck, then just ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=18437015

He is a troll. Check out his post history. And the fact he claims to have a Clemson degree yet says "Could of" LOL

Dec 16, 2015, 9:09 PM

LOL, yeah right!

+1 for grammar

You never, ever cheer for your rival. Remember the CWS?

Dec 16, 2015, 5:48 PM

I can remember several years back when both Clemson and Scar were in the CWS. Scar went to the loser's bracket while Clemson was still in the winner's bracket. Lots of people on this board were cheering for Scar to win so Clemson could play them and knock them out. Then Scar knocked Clemson out.

The moral here is that your rival's success will be to your detriment at some point. Don't cheer for them.

I hope they go 0-12 for the next 58 years, then I will allow them to go 1-11 with a win over Arkansas State.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 5:53 PM

I want us to continue to schedule the SEC , maybe some B10 or B12 schools to supplant the Coots awfulness.
I hope they remain at or below .500 for the next 100 years .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Dec 16, 2015, 5:54 PM

Ya know all these old timers have to hate USuCk and pull against them and hope the worst for them. I hope they win every game except for against us. I don't understand why we want to beat a winless team when we should want to beat undefeated teams. It's better to ruin their dreams than them not have any at all.

Dec 16, 2015, 5:54 PM

Ya know all these old timers have to hate USuCk and pull against them and hope the worst for them. I hope they win every game except for against us. I don't understand why we want to beat a winless team when we should want to beat undefeated teams. It's better to ruin their dreams than them not have any at all.

WE HEARD YOU ALREADY!

Dec 16, 2015, 7:21 PM

And you evidently don't have obnoxious Coot relatives.

Re: WE HEARD YOU ALREADY!

Dec 16, 2015, 7:23 PM

My grandmother called me to rub it in the last time they won, I hadn't heard from her in the 8 months prior ??

well we are totally skrewd then.

Dec 16, 2015, 5:55 PM

better off hoping that Wake puts something together.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 16, 2015, 6:08 PM

Ok Coot, you sound dumb.

What I'm not saying

Dec 16, 2015, 6:10 PM

a.That the we ever lose to SC or the game is close
b. That there program ever rivals ours in stature or importance

I'm just saying its in on r best interest that they not be totally garbage.

Re: What I'm not saying

Dec 16, 2015, 6:13 PM

Yeah, and you're wrong and sound really stupid. Your effort at trolling is embarrassing.

Dec 16, 2015, 6:15 PM [ in reply to Re: We want SC to be good ]

I hope they get blisters on their blisters ,., bird flu ., I hope the sec expands to 20 teams
and they are number 20 ,., I hope Cusschamp goes out like Woody Hayes at the Clemson Game .,

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coot. No F-ing way.***

Dec 16, 2015, 6:11 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work hard. Rock hard. Eat hard. Sleep hard. Grow big. Wear glasses if you need 'em - The Webb Wilder credo

The notion is patently ridiculous,..

Dec 16, 2015, 6:12 PM

and thankfully it's never gonna happen regardless....

No, I don't care whether they are good or not, but since

Dec 16, 2015, 6:13 PM

I pull against them regardless of who they play, I guess I really want them to lose every game.

I agree ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Dec 16, 2015, 6:21 PM

Go Tigers.......

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God, Have no fear and Never Forget a Friend ~ Harry S. Truman

No!

Dec 16, 2015, 6:21 PM

I hope they lose every game they play for the rest of eternity.

I'm not calling you a copy, but I f you want them to do well, then you should just become a gamecock fan.

It's not going to hurt anything.

*Coot, not copy...d@mn iPhone.***

Dec 16, 2015, 6:22 PM

Dec 16, 2015, 6:25 PM

No...I'm pretty sure I want that institution to burn to the ground. Along with Willy B and all their equipment. I have a sever disdain for them and I do not care who knows it. I will laugh and ridicule at that program as long as there is air in my lungs.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Might be a good idea to ask any Gamecock whether

Dec 16, 2015, 6:56 PM

or not they hope we have successful seasons.

They don't, won't, never have...as well as it should be, for that's what rivals do: they wish all kinds of maladies on each other, call each other names, belittle any iota of success, claim each other are bribing officials, paying recruits and cheating on academics.

They suggest missile strikes on their rivals' stadiums would be well worth the effort, hope their teams quit in unison, and pray to The Almighty that their teeth rot, their hair (if any) falls out and their arms and legs go all-out spaz. They even wish that spouses run away with the kids, and pets turn against their owners.

Later, many walk next door to their best friend's house to down a few beers while cooking on the grill...even though that "best friend" happens to be one of the enemy. lol

Remember that one time when a win against a 3 win SC team

Dec 16, 2015, 7:12 PM

left us out of the playoffs?

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: Remember that one time when a win against a 3 win SC team

Dec 16, 2015, 7:15 PM

This

And they can't get much worse than a 3 win team. :)

USuC has historically killed our SOS. I'm used to it. We'll

Dec 16, 2015, 7:16 PM

be just fine with them sucking as they always have.

We are #1 and they really S U C K

Dec 16, 2015, 7:24 PM

I am good

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I have to disagree. Give me a 0-12 coot team every year.

Dec 16, 2015, 7:33 PM

PLEASE!

nope.***

Dec 16, 2015, 7:37 PM

We want SC to suck, so just

Dec 16, 2015, 7:41 PM

trade in one of the weak teams we usually mix in there, like Wofford or App State, for a better team...same SOS result but we can laugh at the c0cks and not have to listen to them.

I presume you are a troll, because personally my fellow Tiger friends I know love watching each and every USuCk game to root against them and we bask in their defeat. Not getting to enjoy a season of gamecock losses would really put a damper on my season and spirits.

There is nothing ... NOTHING ... good for us in this

Dec 16, 2015, 7:41 PM

Nothing in the Capons' success is good for Clemson.

I make a point not to wish physical malady or tragedy on anyone, including them ... but a true Son of Clemson cannot rectify any best wishes for the poultry.

I will agree that there is a certain sweetness in our knocking them from any lofty perch they might have found themselves. But it happens so rarely ... like finding a $20 bill in an old coat pocket.

We must crush the Capons at every opportunity, whether they are good or grotesque. But there is nothing good for us in preening poultry in the meantime.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't want the coots to win in any sport, at any time.***

Dec 16, 2015, 7:52 PM

Speak for yourself, I loved it this year.***

Dec 16, 2015, 8:20 PM

Dec 16, 2015, 8:25 PM

No. No. No. I hope they are 0-11 every year we play them.

We're #1 and they are a dumpster fire

Dec 16, 2015, 8:30 PM

I'll take that every year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We? Do you have a rat in your pocket?

Dec 16, 2015, 8:31 PM

Because this we wants them to lose every game in every sport every year. They win a women's basketball game over crescent high school and want to go high fiving everyone. So, no.

Dec 16, 2015, 8:46 PM

I really never get the crowd who says they want South Carolina to win every game except against Clemson so either both state schools do well, or for it to improve the SOS for Clemson. As great as the past 5 years have been for Clemson just imagine how much better it would have been if South Carolina were 3-9 each of those years instead of putting together the 3 straight top 10 seasons they had and beating Clemson 5 years in a row. Say what you want, but if they truly were good enough to go 11-0 each year before playing Clemson then they would also be good enough to beat us on many years. In terms of SOS, honestly an ACC team is almost always going to have to go 13-0 in order to make it into the playoff, and I don't see 13-0 as ever being not good enough to get in regardless of what the record of South Carolina is. Who cares if that's as the #1 team or as the #4 team?

In terms of those who say they pull for both teams for the good of the state. Why? I travel all over the place for work and I've never once had someone tell me how impressed they are that I'm from South Carolina because both of our football teams are so good.(even in the years when both teams were putting together top 10 seasons) Seriously, who sits on their couch thinking of how great it is that both teams from their state are doing so well? Those people are also very short sighted in regards to the impact on recruiting. Yes, South Carolina will always get some players who may have grown up as fans, or who may want to play in the SEC, but it's always going to be easier to recruit against a 6-6 type of program as compared to a 10-2 one that is a legit threat to win titles.

I always wondered.

Dec 16, 2015, 8:48 PM

Does being straddle the fence hurt if you have no balls?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cannot begin to tell you how much I disagree

Dec 16, 2015, 8:50 PM

I want them to lose very game in every sport from now into eternity.

I want them to lose EVERY GAME THEY PLAY

Dec 16, 2015, 8:53 PM

Forever

I want them to be good at sucking.

Dec 16, 2015, 9:10 PM

I want them to lose every game

If the Chickens never win another game it will be too soon***

Dec 16, 2015, 9:14 PM

We want Carolina to suck

Dec 16, 2015, 9:21 PM

I would rather see them give up on football . just dispan! Its a pathetic program and a ignorant misguided fan base that destroyed a great Florida gators coaches career. I mean he won at Duke! But that dumpster fire called the lamecocks laid his career to rest!
GO TIGERS!!!

I'll take repeats of this year every year***

Dec 17, 2015, 12:00 AM

GO TIGERS!!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

They always have delusions of grandeur no matter what, so

Dec 17, 2015, 7:00 AM

us beating them when they are good just makes it that much sweeter, because their dreams come crashing down.

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic