Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I know many of you don't look to politicians for your moral
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 49
| visibility 1

I know many of you don't look to politicians for your moral

Sep 21, 2020, 8:53 AM

compass.

But I've heard many of you say on a pretty consistent basis that you like your politicians to stick to their words/promises.

GITT and spin this to where what they meant then doesn't apply to now.

The New York Times on Twitter: "Senator Mitch McConnell said late Friday  that his decision to block President Barack Obama from filling a Supreme  Court vacancy after the death of Justice Antonin

Lindsey Graham in 2016: “I want you to use my words against me. If there's  a Republican president in 2016 and a vacancy occurs in the last year of  their first term,

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

We should wait so that the Democrats can install

Sep 21, 2020, 8:54 AM

a liberal Judge.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We should wait so that the Democrats can install

Sep 21, 2020, 8:57 AM

Do you think Trump will lose?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, but I won't be surprised if he does

Sep 21, 2020, 8:58 AM

we should wait just in case

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. All I'm asking is for the Party of Jesus

Sep 21, 2020, 9:00 AM [ in reply to We should wait so that the Democrats can install ]

to stick to their word. Wait until after the election.

Trump wins, pass his pick.

Biden wins, pass his pick.

It's not that hard.

The way it should have been was Garland on the bench in 2016 and Trump's pick in 2020. but since Mitch wanted to install his "McConnell rule" stick to the rule now as well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop being dense.

Sep 21, 2020, 9:44 AM

Obama didn’t sit back and say- we shouldn’t place a S.C. justice... we should leave it to the election.

He couldn’t push Garland through the senate- but he tried!

Trump can push someone through... and should do so. It’s that simple.

It wasn't Obama who set the new precidence.

Sep 21, 2020, 9:58 AM

Obama tried to do his constitutional duty, the same duty pubs are all of a sudden comfortable in letting Trump do, in which McConnell blocked and set a new standard for justice picks during election years.

All dems are saying now is follow the standard McConnell set then. Which we all know he will absolutely not do.

Message was edited by: FBCoachSC®

Thats not ALL dems are saying.

Sep 21, 2020, 2:09 PM

They are also saying they are going to impeach Barr, or Trump (again), in order to stall the process.

Shouldn't there be a legal recourse for bringing unwarranted charges against a president?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The calls for impeaching Barr was in the news at the

Sep 21, 2020, 4:02 PM

beginning of last week. Before RBG passed away

Re: I know many of you don't look to politicians for your moral

After what they did to Kavanaugh were not playing nice. Deal with it

Then I'll expect you to "deal with it"

Sep 21, 2020, 9:00 AM

if Dems win the houses and add more justices to the bench.

in the interest of reaching across the isle

Sep 21, 2020, 9:05 AM

if the republicans keep the white house and senate they should give the democrats what they want and stack the court

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great retort.

Sep 21, 2020, 9:09 AM

got a giggle out of me.

ok....

Sep 21, 2020, 9:05 AM [ in reply to Then I'll expect you to "deal with it" ]

what are you getting at exactly?

The judge shouldnt be conservative nor liberal. They should be reading and interpreting the law and not changing the law.

Trump could pick someone that is straight down the middle.
Biden coule pick someone that is looney toon lefty.

Lets them both parade out their pick.

Should give us all time to then make a determination of who is going to do the best job.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's embarrassing to see grown adults using the

Sep 21, 2020, 9:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I know many of you don't look to politicians for your moral ]

"they started it" argument to excuse their own behavior.

That's the entire dem caucus right now, right?***

Sep 21, 2020, 9:19 AM

It is ridiculous. Especially when we had to deal with

Sep 21, 2020, 9:24 AM [ in reply to It's embarrassing to see grown adults using the ]

McConnell taking his ball and going home in 2016 instead of doing his job.

Why don't pubs just go ahead and say, look we didn't vote in 2016 because we didn't want to give Obama that win.

Now we want the win so we are going to go ahead and do it.

Yeah it makes us look like #### but oh well. Suck it.

I would respect that a lot more than the half ### spin we are getting.

Yes. What you said.

Sep 21, 2020, 9:55 AM

I forgot all about the blocked nomination in 2016. I guess I was busy doing other stuff or whatever, but now that I feel like I'm up to speed on it... The republicans should have just said "eff you, Obama, we don't want your guy and we're not going to confirm him." Whether they said that or not, surely that was what everybody knew the situation was...

Then, this year, they could say, well we like Trump's guy/girl/attack helicopter, so we're going to confirm him/her/xe.

Oh well.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Exactly. It's insulting how dumb they think we are

Sep 21, 2020, 10:03 AM

that we would just accept their rationale

All the dems are doing right now is what a few of us on this board do on a consistent basis: Calling out blatant hypocrisy

I get it.

Sep 21, 2020, 10:12 AM

Calling out political hypocrisy is like pissing in the wind.

Yeah but it passes the time when you're bored.***

Sep 21, 2020, 10:15 AM

I hear ya. This a safe place. Let it out man. I'll try

Sep 21, 2020, 10:18 AM

and not take pleasure in it.

Re: I get it.

Sep 21, 2020, 11:09 AM [ in reply to I get it. ]

wartime decision

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Explain to me what that means***

Sep 21, 2020, 11:10 AM

Re: Explain to me what that means***

Sep 21, 2020, 12:04 PM

think of obamacare being passed without any support from Rs, wartime decision

You don't call out hypocrisy on a consistent basis

Sep 21, 2020, 10:22 AM [ in reply to Exactly. It's insulting how dumb they think we are ]

You only call out Republican hypocrisy, and ignore all of the blatant examples of it from the other side. It's legitimately cult like, and I don't think you're trolling anymore.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hypocrisy from the dems in what?

Sep 21, 2020, 10:25 AM

I even made a post today about how fast the dems are going to claim sexual assault against Trump's pick.

I haven't scanned the news yet for the latest high ranking

Sep 21, 2020, 10:47 AM

Democrat idiocy, but there is months upon months of material to choose from if you care to look. I rattled off a few examples last week or so. Governor Whitmire, Lori Lightfoot, Kamala Harris meeting with a Louis Farrakhan disciple, supposedly being the party of LGBQTRAJTJDA but shrugging off the fact a gay guy wasn't a viable candidate because black people wouldn't vote for him, and local Democrat politicians generally doing everything they can to cause problems in their own communities.

While I've grown to generally dislike Republicans, I do recognize the double standards by which they have to live. As much as some of y'all hate the Trumpies, you're basically the other side of the same coin. It genuinely disturbs me how radicalized and devoid of common sense otherwise normal, rational people have become.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man I love it when somebody comes in here

Sep 21, 2020, 11:02 AM

saying that I'm a hypocrite because I call out republican hypocrisy and not dems, then proceed to go into extreme detail calling out dem hypocrisy but makes a general statement about republicans.

I'm not saying you're necessarily a hypocrite, just that

Sep 21, 2020, 11:04 AM

it's a cult like ferocity some of you go after Republicans with, and I'm not sure why you can't muster up the same fervor for the blatant ridiculousness going on in the Democrat party.

How can you ignore the fact that voters chose the senators..

Sep 21, 2020, 2:15 PM [ in reply to It is ridiculous. Especially when we had to deal with ]

who had ultimate control over the confirmation process? It's as if 'elections,' suddenly do not 'have consequences.'

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sure it is when you're the one who started it.***

Sep 21, 2020, 2:12 PM [ in reply to It's embarrassing to see grown adults using the ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cool. Just another reason

for Conservatives to visit the voting booth and another 30 days of Trump being able to tout who he would pick and pull independents over to the Trump Train.

I like it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They're all hypocrites, even RGB.

Sep 21, 2020, 9:39 AM

Flashback to 2016 with a lame duck Dem President....

Her colleagues have said nothing in public about the presidential campaign or about Mr. Obama’s stalled nomination of Judge Merrick B. Garland to the Supreme Court. But Justice Ginsburg was characteristically forthright, offering an unequivocal endorsement of Judge Garland.

“I think he is about as well qualified as any nominee to this court,” she said. “Super bright and very nice, very easy to deal with. And super prepared. He would be a great colleague.”

Asked if the Senate had an obligation to assess Judge Garland’s qualifications, her answer was immediate.

“That’s their job,” she said. “There’s nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being president in his last year.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/11/us/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-no-fan-of-donald-trump-critiques-latest-term.html?referringSource=articleShare

And yes, we all know about Lindsey Graham. My primary vote against him was yet again wasted. He'll probably lose to a dem now anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They're all hypocrites, even RGB.

Sep 21, 2020, 11:08 AM

aint no dem gonna slip in the backdoor on lindsey

"slip in the backdoor" - interesting choice of words for

Sep 21, 2020, 12:06 PM

Lindsey Graham.

I'd say they are all politically fluid.***

Sep 21, 2020, 1:54 PM [ in reply to They're all hypocrites, even RGB. ]

I know, I know “they did it first” and “both sides do it”

Sep 21, 2020, 12:17 PM

Doesn’t fly around here.

So I did a little research from this situation in 2016

https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/politics/2016/02/14/democrats-push-for-vote-new-supreme-court-justice/gedWQPr0gXCf7IuIfmSIpK/story.html

Water is wet.

Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton, in a Twitter message, said Obama will occupy the White House until January. “It’s his job to nominate a justice, the Senate has a responsibility to vote,” Clinton said.

Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders, vying with Clinton for the Democratic nomination, said on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that denying a vote for a Supreme Court nominee “is beyond comprehension, and it just speaks to the unbelievable level and unprecedented level of Republican obstructionism against Obama.”

I’m not trying to be obtuse, but it seems like we’ve seen this before

Tell me if I’m wrong, I’m happy to see another perspective.

Also, for those that don’t read the whole thing

Sep 21, 2020, 12:24 PM

Obama said Saturday he won’t hesitate to offer a nominee. “There will be plenty of time for me to do so, and for the Senate to fulfill its responsibility to give that person a fair hearing and a timely vote,” he said

“The bottom line is we won the election. We have an obligation to do what’s right and act as quickly as possible.”—Trump

You missed the point.

Sep 21, 2020, 12:45 PM [ in reply to I know, I know “they did it first” and “both sides do it” ]

the point isn't that Obama/Hillary/Everybody said that Obama has the right to send his pick to the Senate in 2016. That's what is suppose to happen.

The point is Mitch blocked it citing some bull #### which he has casually forgotten this time around.

So this, whell Obama/Hillary said..... doesn't work in this context.

Yep, you are right, McConnell stopped

Sep 21, 2020, 1:48 PM

Let’s see if Pelosi is successful because it sure looks like she is trying to block it as well

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi on Sunday wouldn't rule out impeachment proceedings to prevent President Donald Trump's Supreme Court nominee from being confirmed to replace the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg.

Well, we have our options," she said. "We have arrows in our quiver that I'm not about to discuss right now, but the fact is we have a big challenge in our country. This president has threatened to not even accept the results of the election with statements that he and his henchmen have made."

So we are at the lint that she seems to be claiming to stop it and hasn’t actually gone through with it.

Please to be splainin the difference

Well one difference is Pelosi is the speaker of the house

Sep 21, 2020, 1:50 PM

and does not vote for or against justice nominations

so there's that.

And as such, she has the power to bring

Sep 21, 2020, 2:04 PM

Articles of impeachment (a way to stop Trump’s appointment)

The House of Representatives shall choose their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment.

There should be a legal recourse for that.

Sep 21, 2020, 2:14 PM

The have made impeachment a std political ploy.

I wonder how well that will go over if Biden is elected, and the roles are reversed?

In no way shape or form should the house impeach

Sep 21, 2020, 4:03 PM [ in reply to And as such, she has the power to bring ]

Trump again this close to an election.

Unless he just straight up does something so insane that everybody goes what the #### was that

Point of order.

Sep 21, 2020, 2:30 PM [ in reply to You missed the point. ]

Before the senate votes on anything they vote on whether or not to vote. If Mitch had not had the support from a republican majority he would have brought the nomination to the floor. Obviously, pubs didn't want to expose themselves to rejecting a scotus nomination at the time due to expecting, hoping that a delay might seat a pub in the white house.

The democrats are dreading the same thing, exposing themselves to having to vote on a SCOTUS nominee then face voters less than two months from now. Dems lost four senate races and their vote to reject the Kavanaugh nomination is suspected to have played a part in that.

All the democrat rhetoric now is designed to defend their future rejection of Trump's nominee. I suspect they will at least vote on whether or not to bring Trump's nominee to the floor. Senators who vote not to consider the nominee will be susceptible to voter rejection.

Noone will remember them.

Sep 21, 2020, 2:34 PM

Most people aren't that much into this.

Most folks just want a job and to be able to feed their family.

Kavanaugh's treatment was suspect for dems losing...

Sep 21, 2020, 2:42 PM

4 seats in the senate while the one dem who voted to confirm Bret was reelected.

They call it politics because it's political.

Sep 21, 2020, 2:18 PM [ in reply to I know, I know “they did it first” and “both sides do it” ]

I used a word to define itself intentionally to show the ridiculousness of the rhetoric from both sides. Fact is, the party in power is in power. Obama wasn't in power over SCOTUS nominees when pubs had the senate. It's never about right or wrong it's about power.

Might he have been considering that the voters spoke...

Sep 21, 2020, 1:54 PM

in the midterm when republicans took the senate?

Replies: 49
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic