Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Swinney blasts "ridiculous" recruiting narrative on Ryan Carter
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 34
| visibility 1

New Story: Swinney blasts "ridiculous" recruiting narrative on Ryan Carter

Oct 4, 2017, 11:53 AM

Swinney blasts "ridiculous" recruiting narrative on Ryan Carter

Clemson head coach Dabo Swinney got more than a little fired up Tuesday morning when he was asked if he thought Ryan Carter the high school player would turn into the Ryan Carter we see today. A Ryan Carter that is unquestionably one of the most valuable players on the Clemson defense. His answer was a resounding “damn right.”
Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Did you hear what Taylor Zarzour said today?!?!?!?!?

Oct 4, 2017, 12:02 PM

Yeah, I did. They blasted Dabo about his rant and Taylor's sidedick indicated that Dabo was lying about taking players to get other players.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

W H O ? ? ? ?***

Oct 4, 2017, 12:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

guy on right

Oct 4, 2017, 12:06 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yeah they look like D1 coaching material.

Oct 4, 2017, 12:55 PM

Honestly though I hope these guys are real proud of themselves trying take away from what real men like Swinney and Carter accomplish in life.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: guy on right

Oct 4, 2017, 1:47 PM [ in reply to guy on right ]

How many Nattys does Zarzour have so far?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Starting to think Dabo DOES TNET.

Oct 4, 2017, 12:16 PM [ in reply to Did you hear what Taylor Zarzour said today?!?!?!?!? ]

Between thelegacy situation and now this. I'm standing by computer now wanting to know mama nkimdeche wanted for payoff and how much Ole #### paid. Go get it David!

Crazy how the nkemdiche situation worked out

Oct 4, 2017, 12:23 PM

Carter, Gallman, and Schuessler all have rings now. Gallman is has a TD in the NFL and Carter should be drafted this year. I have not followed how Robert is doing at Arizona, but it may be Clowney part II.

what does Clowney part II mean? Clowney is now an NFL stud***

Oct 4, 2017, 2:47 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: what does Clowney part II mean? Clowney is now an NFL stud***

Oct 4, 2017, 2:54 PM

Oh boy

... go on ...***

Oct 5, 2017, 12:20 PM

McElroy also took 2 minutes to shid all over Watson again.***

Oct 4, 2017, 12:32 PM [ in reply to Did you hear what Taylor Zarzour said today?!?!?!?!? ]

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:McElroy also took 2 minutes to shid all over Watson again

Oct 4, 2017, 1:04 PM

yeah a real football expert with all his "they will stop Renfrow talk". He has a terminal case of Bama butt hurt over last year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Did you hear what Taylor Zarzour said today?!?!?!?!?

Oct 4, 2017, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Did you hear what Taylor Zarzour said today?!?!?!?!? ]

Taylor Zarzour - IQ<3

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

was he in 'twilight'?

Oct 4, 2017, 2:37 PM [ in reply to Did you hear what Taylor Zarzour said today?!?!?!?!? ]

:)

Family is real at Clemson.

Oct 4, 2017, 12:41 PM

These are more than players to Swinney. These guys are like sons to him and he will get after anyone who tries to disrespect them.

dabo is getting ahead of himself here

Oct 4, 2017, 1:19 PM

very little chance we even recruit ryan carter if
not for being on same team as nkemdiche

yes he turned out great, but dont "change the narrative" just cuz a guy is playing well

we wanted nkemdiche. he led us to take a look at carter. we balked for a long time. ended up opening a spot on/after signing day for him. enough with the tall tales...

Re: dabo is getting ahead of himself here

Oct 4, 2017, 1:24 PM

Not knowing about a player beforehand, and offering after signing day, are not the same as pursuing one player to get another.

What was that about "changing the narrative"?

What a load of BULL

Oct 4, 2017, 1:48 PM [ in reply to dabo is getting ahead of himself here ]

If you weren't so wrapped up in following the coots or whoever it is you follow you would know that RN said after he committed to Clemson that if Dabo would offer Carter that would seal the deal for him to come to Clemson. Dabo did not do it. Only months after RN flipped to Ole Miss did Dabo extend an official and public offer to Carter. Dabo will not be bullied or manipulated by any recruit. Dabo offered Carter stating that Carter would've gotten an offer earlier in the process but there were some things surrounding his recruitment (RN's bargaining tactics) that were not fair to him and they had to wait. All of this info was made public right here on Tnet. Get your facts together before you attempt another troll job. Stop with the ridiculous speculation that you have no proof of and constant negativity you bring to this board.

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

Message was edited by: CootSmackdown16

Since Conn and Dabo were college teammates

Oct 4, 2017, 2:22 PM [ in reply to dabo is getting ahead of himself here ]

I'm pretty sure we knew of him, looked at him individually, and offered him based on that.

^^^this is the correct answer***

Oct 4, 2017, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Oct 4, 2017, 4:01 PM [ in reply to dabo is getting ahead of himself here ]

Wrong!

Oct 5, 2017, 5:54 PM [ in reply to dabo is getting ahead of himself here ]

And you know this positively

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

What does Carters sexiness come into question?

Oct 4, 2017, 1:33 PM

That's not right coach ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

"The Narrative"

Oct 4, 2017, 1:47 PM

"The Narrative" is often wrong. The folks on ESPN who spin stories, the local sports talking heads who pick up the ESPN spin and run with it, and the genius guys who sit in the cheap seats and type what they heard on the radio and TV create the narrative. A fair amount of the time, the guys spinning the story are clueless and anxious to be opinionated.

Remember the moron from West Virginia who had all the inside scoop about Clemson and FSU joining the big 12? That was the expansion narrative. Remember a year ago when the narrative had Alabama 2017 with the greatest defense of all time? That was the narrative. Recall when THE NARRATIVE was all about how great the SEC was, how that league was so tough top to bottom?

When the narrative is that Ryan Carter or Adam Humphries or J.D.Davis can't play and they all end up playing the narrative was wrong. When Claussen was the can't miss pro QB can't play, the narrative was wrong.

Don't believe me? Believe Dabo. Believe your eyes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Surprised to hear Dabo using foul language...

Oct 4, 2017, 1:38 PM

I thought he was better than that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

#NOTMYCOACH***

Oct 4, 2017, 1:42 PM

badge-ringofhonor-clemsonsteve02.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He clearly was just dumbing down

Oct 4, 2017, 2:24 PM [ in reply to Surprised to hear Dabo using foul language... ]

durn tootin' so the media could comprehend

made Dabo cuss!***

Oct 4, 2017, 2:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

I guess I haven't been paying attention

Oct 4, 2017, 2:42 PM

I didn't know the recruitment of Ryan Carter or the Davis twins was being called into question by anyone. All I see are great football players. Nobody wanted Ben Boulware but CBV saw the potential in him and that worked out pretty well for the Tigers.

Re: I guess I haven't been paying attention

Oct 4, 2017, 3:45 PM

Lots of people questioned the offers. The Davis twins were about 180 pounds when the graduated but they had grey shirt offers, they were 16, they went to tech of a year in the bridge program and transferred to CU. they might have redshirted? They are grown men now, I think both are in the 220 range.

The worse noise from the crowd was Adam Humphreys and Ryan Carter, neither should have been offered I do not thing Humphreys had any stars? I remember as a freshman they did not even consider redshirting him, the coaches said they needed him on the field, think he is starting for Tampa Bay now. A lot of those long runs that Sammy made from the bubble screens was because Humphreys was blocking a corner or safety. I bet he set a record for knock down blocks by aWR! :)

Our coaches can evaluate talent. They see not just the talent but the heart. Grady Jarrett, Beasley, Humphreys, now Renfrow, Ryan Carter, I hope there is a long line into the future at CU of these young men who far exceed the nay sayers expectations.

Go Tigers!

Re: I guess I haven't been paying attention

Oct 4, 2017, 4:05 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I do think the Davis twins were a littler bigger than 180 though!

We recruit and develop

Oct 4, 2017, 4:03 PM

I hope the uncommitted recruits see this and understand how special a Clemson offer truly is. Can ANYONE here pull the stats on the number of 3* or lower players that graduated from Clemson in the past 10 years that eventually played in the NFL? And then do the same for the other major programs?

If my suspicions are correct, We develop these kids into NFL-ready prospects more than just about any other major program. (Vic Beasley was a 3* when we signed him). Would be great recruiting trail information to share with both recruits and their parents.

Re: New Story: Swinney blasts "ridiculous" recruiting narrative on Ryan Carter

Oct 4, 2017, 7:38 PM

Gotta love our coach and players. THESE are the good 'ol days, ya'll..

Re: New Story: Swinney blasts "ridiculous" recruiting narrative on Ryan Carter

Oct 5, 2017, 8:05 AM

Love stories like this. This is Clemson football.

Replies: 34
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic