Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We really should all be really excited about this baseball
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 2,501

We really should all be really excited about this baseball

Apr 30, 2017, 11:20 PM

season.

It took over 40 games before the crazies came out en masse on the board.

Monte's broken another record.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We really should all be really excited about this baseball

May 1, 2017, 8:30 AM

So where is Coach M. Lee's description of what occurred in Chapel Hill?

I concur that UNC is a very good college team. So is Louisville, whom we play the 2nd weekend of May and NCSU on the following weekend is not bad either. When I heard how many of our players were hitless or maybe 1 hit for series during yesterday's game it gave me some grave concern. The UNC pitcher yesterday was not one of their regular weekend starters. We didn't do much with him after the Williams HR, if you noticed.

But if we are a top 10 college team, we have to be able to score critical runs and hold leads now and then against strong opponents. We did neither vs UNC. Hitting was poor and relief pitching was somewhere other than in the ballpark. The fielding yesterday was the domino that created the chance for UNC to win. Coach Lee and staff have some serious patching to do if they wish to have a chance to get to Omaha. I am not anti-ML, but in the biggest series of the season Clemson got exposed and that cannot be ignored at this point of the season.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 8:36 AM

These are true statements that you have made ! The Heel pitching was mediocre at best and they shut down Beer and company every game. If not for the first inning the Tigers never showed up

May 1, 2017, 8:43 AM

tar heel pitching was mediocre huh. where do they find you people.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 10:34 AM

The Sunday pitcher was not an overpowering thrower by any means. He got by on off speed pitches the entire game.
A good hitter should have a field day hitting these 80 mph throws. The shift works against the Tiger hitters. I am surprised that changes have not been made to help solve this. The Tigers starting pitchers were better than the Heel pitchers the entire series. Tarheels are a good, top ten team but they are not that much more talented than CLEMSON .
We allowed them it intimidate us and that is hard to accept. Go Tigers

May 1, 2017, 10:37 AM

UH I WAS AT THE GAME SATURDAY AND SUNDAY. EVERY ONE OF THERE PITCHERS THREW 90 OR BETTER. MAYBE YOU SHOULD CHECK THEIR TEAM ERA BEFORE TYPING IDIOTIC STUFF ON THIS BOARD.

May 1, 2017, 10:42 AM

Sorry de. You are right. I'm an idiot who has ZERO knowledge of the game.
I guess my Juggs gun is broken because the Sunday pitcher threw very few fast balls while I was watching.
Good hitters live on fast balls btw!

May 1, 2017, 10:44 AM

YOU GOT MOST OF THAT RIGHT. EXCEPT THE PART ABOUT THE JUGS GUN. WERE YOU AT THE GAME ALSO.

May 1, 2017, 10:47 AM

KRALLS FASTEST PITCH REACHED 85. GUESS THE NUMBER 3 TEAM IN THE COUNTRY SHOULD HAVE BEATEN HIM ALL AROUND THE PARK INSTEAD OF GETTING ZERO EARNED RUNS HUH.

May 1, 2017, 10:55 AM [ in reply to Re: We really should all be really excited about this baseball ]

"The Heel pitching was mediocre at best"

SMH good lord we have some DA fans.

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Re: It was good enough to keep us hitting infield ground

May 1, 2017, 11:56 AM

balls. They knew what they had to do and did it. Mike Fox is one heck of a coach.

May 1, 2017, 8:36 AM [ in reply to Re: We really should all be really excited about this baseball ]

These are true statements that you have made ! The Heel pitching was mediocre at best and they shut down Beer and company every game. If not for the first inning the Tigers never showed up

May 1, 2017, 8:42 AM [ in reply to Re: We really should all be really excited about this baseball ]

the idiocy of this board is mind boggling. losing to a top 3 team on the road is nothing to be ashamed of. unc is very good. had the games been in clemson the results may have been completely different. we played great defensively for 99% of the series. jordan should have made the double play yesterday and even though byrd got an error and rightfully so, the ball was a bullet that goy on him really quick. we can certainly do some things better and hopefully we will hit better with runners on base. riley needs to get back to being riley. jackson should be a big help when the midweek games are over and in the post season. we lost to a very good team and fell from 2 to 4 in the rpi. guessing the people with actual baseball knowledge may know a little more than this board. was at the last 2 games. we hit the ball very hard a few times but it ended up right at their guys. that is baseball. hopefully some of those will fall in against lewisville and the wolfies.

Some of the posters should give up watching sports since

May 1, 2017, 8:58 AM

they go into melt down mode at any hint of adversity. Checkers would be a good alternative.

May 1, 2017, 10:45 AM [ in reply to Re: We really should all be really excited about this baseball ]

And when you get the lead off batter on second late in a close game you need to play some big boy baseball!

May 1, 2017, 10:48 AM

MONTE MENTIONED ALL OF THAT. WE GOT TO HIT BETTER WITH RISP. THAT IS RUNNERS IN SCORING POSITION SO YOU DONT HAVE TO LOOK IT UP.

May 1, 2017, 10:55 AM

Thanks. What would I do without your knowledge of the game?

Btw .... the announcers,who were tarheels, constantly remarked about how the Tigers could not hit the constant off speed pitches the heels were throwing.

Go tigers

May 1, 2017, 11:03 AM

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. YOU DONT THROW THE FAST BALL EVERY PITCH. THAT IS WHY THEY ARE SO GOOD. THEIR OFF SPEED STUFF IS REALLY GOOD ALSO. WE SWUNG AT THAT TO OFTEN. WE HIT SOME BALLS REALLY HARD THIS WEEKEND BUT MOST WERE AT THEIR GUYS. THAT IS BASEBALL. BUT HEY, WHO AM I TO TELL YOU THAT.

May 1, 2017, 4:27 PM

You seem to know what you are talking about. I have a different opinion. That's not to say that I am right.

One thing is for sure.... they didn't throw the fast ball to our guys who can hit it ! Hitting into the shift was certainly a downfall in this game. Good coaching by the UNC staff. There is a way to approach this kind of pitching but I'm sure you are up to date on that.

If every pitcher who can throw ninety is a good pitcher, the woods are full of them! Good job by the UNC staff in calling this game. Tigers were not as disciplined as I would like for them to be. Forty games into the season!!!!

May 1, 2017, 9:29 AM

Agree with your post. I think some on this board believe every Clemson team, in every sport should win every single game or they push the panic button. Every team hits a slump but the good ones always turn it around.

As for Monte's Candy comment, I want a cocky coach with confidence coaching at Clemson. Baseball is unlike football. Since teams play several games a week it's easy to go into a brief slump. But looking at this from a positive prospective it only takes a couple of back to back hits etc.. to start another winning streak.

I say never give up on the Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2017, 10:38 AM

VERY TRUE

I don't think it was even meant to be cocky.

May 1, 2017, 5:44 PM [ in reply to Re: We really should all be really excited about this baseball ]

I think he was just bragging on his boys for being calm cool and collected when things looked dire for them.

His teams are definitely less uptight than Jack's were. They should never have done as well as they did last year. Hopefully they'll continue to be overachievers. Nothing worse than underachievers.

Replies: 21
| visibility 2,501
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic