Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We really need for Cain to step up his consistency this year
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,536

We really need for Cain to step up his consistency this year

Apr 17, 2017, 8:26 AM

With Mike gone, Deon Cain is officially "the man" for us at the WR position as far as big plays. There was Nuk, Sammy, Mike, and now he's officially that next guy. He's played well for us at times last year in a part-time roll, but he's dropped a lot of TDs and easy catches the last couple of years. Even this Spring, he's been unable to shake his inconsistency catching the football.

With question marks at the QB position, we're really going to need him to more consistently make the routine catch to go with the spectacular ones. If he can do that, this will definitely be his last year and we're looking at another Clemson WR first round draft pick.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We really need for Cain to step up his consistency this year

Apr 17, 2017, 8:32 AM

Completely agree. It's Cain and McClouds money year so hopefully the switch will turn on like it did for Mike, Nuk, and Sammy where they become uncoverable

Apr 17, 2017, 8:40 AM

I thought his Spring game performance was off, but it may just have been the QB, but he didn't look as sharp. I hope he shows out this year. His skill level is off the chart, and I hope both those guys mentioned light it up for us this year. I think there are many others who will impress, too, including a few who get here in the Summer.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McCloud

Apr 17, 2017, 9:11 AM [ in reply to Re: We really need for Cain to step up his consistency this year ]

Ray Ray's situation is simular to Artavis...not ever going be a number 1 or 2 guy...IMO.(NFL)
His money will be made as a return guy.

Apr 17, 2017, 8:39 AM

I absolutely agree because it will be hard to keep Tee higgins off the field when he picks up on the offense. That kid is an awesome talent. His film blew me away. His ability to high point the ball at 6'4 plus his speed will make him as deadly if not more then Williams. They will need to step up. Then you add the guys we have and its gonna be fun.
The talent we have is crazy. We just need a guy to get them the ball.
GO TIGERS!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2017, 8:50 AM

I really think he will be ready and do just fine

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 17, 2017, 9:08 AM

IMO, he a little bit different of a receiver than Williams.Not as big or as physical.Could be a littler quicker, but that's where Cain needs to improve on route running and getting separation.
But otherwise...
Yes, I agree...most folks will.

Apr 17, 2017, 11:39 AM

Cain needs to be more physical, especially when the ball gets to him. Every now and then, he shows he has the talent to go up and fight for the ball, then the next play, he waits on it to fall in his hands, then lays on the ground wanting an interference call after the incompletion.

I hate to comment on high school players, but Tee Higgins seems to be the deal. He fights for every ball and seems to do great high pointing the passes when needed. Cain needs a coach to sit down with him and show him what he does wrong, then go over a clip of all his great catches, then work on fixing it.

The talent is there, the head is not.

I have faith that Cain

Apr 17, 2017, 11:42 AM

is abel

to step up his consistency.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Once QB1 is determined he'll have a chance to gel

Apr 17, 2017, 11:47 AM

he needs to get in sync with a quarterback (who can throw) and then he'll be good as gold.

the 5 man is the most important WR in this offense

Apr 17, 2017, 11:50 AM

and that's where we bring back Hunter. Cain just needs to be our big play threat, but Hunter's our guy when we need a crucial catch

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,536
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic