Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We need to stop calling the FFRF a watchdog group.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1

We need to stop calling the FFRF a watchdog group.

Apr 18, 2014, 4:28 PM

They are a hate group. We need to refer to them that way. It is important to control the labels used in this discussion.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need to stop calling the FFRF a watchdog group.

Apr 18, 2014, 4:33 PM

agree! they are certainly a hate group made up of sick-O`s

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need to stop calling the FFRF a watchdog group.

Apr 18, 2014, 4:36 PM

I heard that they were going to Ride their short bus down from WISCONSIN and wait on the players as they attempt to run down the hill. Oh no, wait a minute. That was The Gamecocks that were threatening to do that. I mean SCAR is not coming from WISCONSIN, but they are coming from Columbia on a short bus. :D

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.

~Chesty Puller
Lt.General United States Marine Corps

They're not a hate group

Apr 18, 2014, 4:35 PM

But they're not a First Amendment watchdog group, either. They're a non- profit for militant atheists whose goal is making society more secularist. That means that, while they claim the imprimatur of the First Amendment, they have an idiosyncratic reading of it that accords with an agenda they'd probably have had if the First Amendment didn't exist. Their reading of the First Amendment isn't mainstream, thankfully, and you've usually got to have mainstream views to claim that you're a watchdog for anybody. Who'd want a watchdog that barks at things you don't want to be protected from?

This should be obvious from the fact that they call themselves the Freedom FROM Religion Foundation instead of the Freedom OF Religion Foundation. You should also realize that, as a marginal group, there was no reason for Clemson people to get so excited about this issue in the first place.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed

Apr 18, 2014, 4:38 PM

They have an agenda. More power to em for pursuing it.

But the reaction to their pokes is what will get them the attention and temporary relevancy they will need to further that agenda.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree with your characterization of their views.

Apr 18, 2014, 4:43 PM [ in reply to They're not a hate group ]

But I would argue that their idiosyncratic interpretation of the constitution is motivated by hate. That makes them a hate group. The Klan has an idiosyncratic view of civil rights. The reason for their views is hate.

Re: I agree with your characterization of their views.

Apr 18, 2014, 4:53 PM

In short, they are to religion as the Klan is to race....both groups, marginal or not, can take a flying leap.....

I said that yesterday.

Apr 18, 2014, 5:30 PM

And got flamed.

Re: I said that yesterday.

Apr 18, 2014, 5:57 PM

Need asbestos underwear....

Replies: 8
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive