Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We must win the Heisman Trophy!!!!!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1,859

We must win the Heisman Trophy!!!!!!

Jan 26, 2013, 7:16 PM

People still have one main great big reason to discredit Clemson University as a football powerhouse.

THAT WILL CHANGE NOW!!!

I seriously KNOW that if Watkins catches every kick he may out-vote Tajh but if we finish an undefeated regular season there is no doubt in my mind that Boyd is da best. (I want to see him try to cover Sammy n' vice versa.)

I believe that our success next season will be defined by how well our linebackers play n' that most of the pressure from opposing offenses will fall squarely on their shoulder pads.

¡Viva Los Tigres!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We must win the Heisman Trophy!!!!!!

Jan 26, 2013, 7:44 PM

I'll give you that. If we go undefeated, there is no doubt that either TB or SW wins the Heisman.

There is no

Jan 26, 2013, 7:45 PM

"We" in Heidman.

but there is an id, for some reason.***

Jan 26, 2013, 10:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: We must win the Heisman Trophy!!!!!!

Jan 26, 2013, 7:49 PM

Your point about Clemson's rep of being a powerhouse has anything to do with heisman winners if off base cause as great as Alabama has been their first and only heisman winner was mark Ingram in 2009 it's about championships

Nope! It's not off base because

Jan 26, 2013, 7:53 PM

somebody actually said to me recently that Clemson ain't squat cuz we've never had a Heisman winner. I'm not sayin' any names but it was a fan of an SEC team that wouldn't have gone undefeated if we didn't drop a touchdown in the end zone.

George Rogers kind of defeats that argument.***

Jan 26, 2013, 10:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

We had a Heisman...THE Heisman...that works for me***

Jan 27, 2013, 1:36 AM

GO TIGERS

Re: Nope! It's not off base because

Jan 27, 2013, 2:13 AM

Auburn bought a heisman and went what 2-10 this year, not to mention we've beat them two in a row.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louie....I agree that I'd like to see us capture a Heisman;

Jan 27, 2013, 7:17 AM

however, I don't believe that whether or not one has done so determines a school's "power." For example, a notable exception to the list is Oregon, while schools like Princeton and SMU are included. Considering the roster of those included, I believe simply that if we have the talent along with a strong season, then we will be considered. And anyone who claims that the lack of a Heisman denigrates a program isn't thinking on all cylinders IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louie....I agree that I'd like to see us capture a Heisman;

Jan 27, 2013, 7:24 AM

I resent that!! Everyone here it functioning on all cylinders, sir!!
It's just some have 2 cylinders, some 4 cylinders, some 6 cylinders and some with many more cylinders!!
Usually the ones with fewest cylinders make the most noise as well!

LOL...Much of the time I'm sure I run on no cylinders;

Jan 27, 2013, 7:31 AM

however, I do have my moments...briefly, yet occasionally, whereby at least one or two are evident. Of course, that is a moot point.

Message was edited by: hartins®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep...a Heisman Trophy is what I've always wanted for TiGs..

Jan 27, 2013, 11:34 AM

But it's so political now, more than ever, and it would be difficult for lowly little Clemson College to acquire.

And, never thought George Rogers was the best player in USA the year he won it..especially when TiGERs stopped him cold near the goal line all day at DV..even though he ran wild between the 20's.

Oh, George didn't ever cross our goal line in 4 years of play..and Hershel in 3..and UNC's Bryant in 3 or 4.

GoTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not the trophy I'm looking for.

Jan 27, 2013, 11:41 AM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LMFAO, Heisman coached at Clemson.***

Jan 27, 2013, 11:41 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1,859
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic