Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Are we a top 4 team?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1,284

Are we a top 4 team?

Oct 17, 2016, 3:52 PM

I see many people on the ncst vs clemson conversation on espn say we do not look like a top 5 team. We out gained NCSt by 100 yards and had 2 more turnovers with a pick 6 and 3 turnovers inside their 25 two inside the 10 and a turnover on downs inside the five. Yet we still won. I am starting to think these people dont even watch the game. Saying Washington would kill us. Yes Washington has been good this year but come on people. We just played Bama not even a year ago and should have beat them and everybody thinks they are the greatest ever now they want to say we are no good?? We are as good as any team in the nation IMO. We will prove it the rest of the year. We will see if they can blame the refs when we win the Natty.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Are we a top 4 team?

Oct 17, 2016, 4:00 PM

I agree but the fact is that we have not played like a top 4 team to date. Unless this is corrected--and very soon--we will not make the playoffs. Appears to these eyes that the D's are catching up with our O, our play calling is suspect to say the least, and we have a severe case of :"fumbleitis".

We are capable of being a top 4 (top 1) team, and have

Oct 17, 2016, 4:08 PM

played like it in stretches. However, at other times and more often than I'm guessing even the coaching staff would like, we have not played like a top 4 or even top 10 team. But at the end of the day/year, they don't ask how, they just ask how many.

Wrong we have played like a top 4 team

Oct 17, 2016, 8:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Are we a top 4 team? ]

We make all those mistakes and still win, but that

Oct 17, 2016, 4:03 PM

doesnt mean we're a top 4 team. Right now, if we played any other team in the top 4 we'd get beat turning it over like we do, NEUTRAL site.

Winning like we do proves we have a ton of potential, but until we click, no, we're not a top 4 team the way these others guys are playing right now.

Just eliminate the turnovers and we're the best team in football.

Re: We make all those mistakes and still win, but that

Oct 17, 2016, 4:10 PM

I agree Bama would beat us if we turn the ball over 4 times but we beat Louisville turning it over 5 times. Yes it was at home but I believe we win that game on a neutral site. We will fix the mistakes though. At FSU I believe we stay turnover free.

winning is difficult. Teams don't get to 13-0

Oct 17, 2016, 4:04 PM

Unless they are good teams. Even 7-0 is difficult to get to. No one can really think we are consistently lucky when we beat auburn, Louisville, nc state, Troy. Now I will say that we can and should do better and hope to see that. I really like our chances vs Washington.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2016, 4:05 PM

Take away the freaking turnovers and the Lousiville and NCST games are both blowouts. That being said, our o-line isnt very good (how? why? I have no idea) and our D-line got exposed a little bit vs NCST, just no pressure on the QB and could not stop Days at all.

I dont think the OL is struggling to be honest---

Oct 17, 2016, 4:27 PM

Teams are walking men down into the box and playing off coverage to protect their CBs when the safeties crash the run. It's our 5 vs their 7.

I think we need to quit wasting plays going deep because we're not connecting on those plays right now, and throwing into a secondary in off coverage is playing into the Ds benefit. When we do throw deep the safeties dont back out of the box so you cant play that card either.

The slants, curls, and outs have been great if we just stick to it and work our way down the field patiently. When we do that, mixed with screens, the Ds are spreading themselves out sideline to sideline and thats when Wayne has had success up the middle.

We just need to adjust to what these Ds are throwing at us. The beautiful thing about all of our weapons is that the D cant defend it all. We just need to find what teams arent keying on and exploit it.

I thought we did a great job with the short passing game vs NCST.

With all that said, hold onto the FB and we score points.

We are this week.***

Oct 17, 2016, 8:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Are we a top 4 team? ]

Clean up the stupid mistakes and get better block and we are

Oct 17, 2016, 4:06 PM

right now we are not playing like a top 4. Hopefully By the end of the season That crap will be cleaned up and the Tiger will be ready for the playoffs.

When we show up we can play with anybody.***

Oct 17, 2016, 4:11 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

The Problem seems to be showing up though

Oct 17, 2016, 4:12 PM

so tired of them playing down to lesser opponents.

Yeah, there's that pesky showing up part.***

Oct 17, 2016, 4:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

We all know what they CAN do, they just DON'T sometimes

Oct 17, 2016, 4:56 PM

frustrating lol My Heart and my Dogs like comfortable Blow out wins. My neighbors probably do too.

Oct 17, 2016, 4:14 PM

No, not playing like a top 5 team.

Ask me after the FSU game***

Oct 17, 2016, 4:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE PROBLEM IS TURNOVERS!!!

Oct 17, 2016, 8:40 PM

I keep reading it ... if we don't turn the ball over we win by 40 pts. BUT WE DO TURN THE BALL OVER! W? T? F? people. Admit it.

It's so sad that we have to play heart attack games because we can't hold onto the ball. LEARN TO HOLD ONTO THE FOOTBALL and we are a #1 team for sure.

The fact that we lose the turnover margin and still come away with a win by the skin of our teeth doesn't pass the eye test.

HOLD ONTO THE BALL!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, just very inconsistent so far.***

Oct 17, 2016, 8:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 18
| visibility 1,284
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic