Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We made the NOT TOP 10 - my email to them
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 50
| visibility 1

We made the NOT TOP 10 - my email to them

Mar 28, 2014, 11:27 AM

Really ticked me off. So here is the email I sent to their OMBUDSMAN.

Once again ESPN did not do their research and insulted two basketball teams in the process. In your Not Top 10 you picked Clemson's storming the court. If you knew anything about the ACC you would know that Clemson ALWAYS goes on the field or court at home football and basketball games to stand united with their athletes and sing the school alma mater. To also suggest that Belmont was a nothing basketball team and an unimportant win for Clemson was a slap in the face. Yes, the NIT may not mean anything to you but a team that was picked to be next to last in their division who is now in the NIT semi-finals is mighty important to the Clemson nation. You owe us a BIG Apology. Guess if we were in the SEC it would have been a different story. You need to do your due diligence before you insult a schools tradition and their fan base.

FLOOD THEIR MAIL BOX!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We made the NOT TOP 10 - my email to them

Mar 28, 2014, 11:33 AM

Did they have SMU on the list too?

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

The reason ESecPN does this is it is a fine to rush the

Mar 28, 2014, 11:35 AM

court in the SEC. They can not have a feel good story about anybody but SEC teams, it does not fit the template for ESecPN.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Students, I applaud you and your enthusiasm. ESPN has lost

Mar 28, 2014, 11:37 AM

their minds. I will offer no apology to anyone for our students' excitement after that game. I hope we "rush the court" after every game and flip a figurative middle finger to the Cool Kids of ESPN who have designated themselves as the Appropriate Enthusiasm Review Board.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

+1

Mar 28, 2014, 2:25 PM

Exactly! Who cares what non-Tigers think? They are jealous.

Every team wishes their fans were that passionate.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^^ Yes yes yes! exactly!

Apr 7, 2014, 9:30 PM [ in reply to Students, I applaud you and your enthusiasm. ESPN has lost ]

Screw those ESpecialPN morons!!!
They know jack-crap about us & our awesome traditions... At least until they make a special story on it because we're so freaking cool & our traditions are REAL & not just some BS made for for E$ecPN stories to boost up & tout their beloved $EC!!!

Bunch of POS's
They'd rather trash Clemson then tell the country or know the truth & admit it...

Mar 28, 2014, 11:40 AM

What is their email to send to???

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Y'all take this stuff way too seriously.

Mar 28, 2014, 11:44 AM

The Not Top 10 is a comedy sketch. No one is trying to attack your fan base. There is no one out there seriously going "Wow, Clemson has a stupid fan base" (Well, except da coots.)

That's actually false. Their are plenty of fans from other

Mar 28, 2014, 11:55 AM

ACC schools that commented on the ridiculousness of rushing the court after an NIT game. And although I don't agree with them, I don't care. Haters are gonna hate. College fandom is full of them.

But ESPN, shut the heck up. It's college sports. You are not the Judge of Cool.

null

So what if people think it's ridiculous.

Mar 28, 2014, 12:07 PM

Thinking something is ridiculous, or making fun of something, is not the same thing as attacking or demeaning a fan base. Clemson has, and will always have, a highly-regarded fan base.

In the immortal words of somebody...lighten up, francis.

Re: So what if people think it's ridiculous.

Mar 28, 2014, 12:19 PM

That would have been Bill Murray..."Stripes" :)

Yah, never seen that.

Mar 28, 2014, 12:21 PM

I only know the phrase from the internet. :)

Wrong It was Drill Sergeant Hulka

Mar 28, 2014, 12:29 PM [ in reply to Re: So what if people think it's ridiculous. ]

null

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fiat Justitia et Pereat Mundus

I know nothing brings you more joy than chastising Clemson

Mar 28, 2014, 1:57 PM [ in reply to So what if people think it's ridiculous. ]

fans on their behavior. And don't think we don't all collectively appreciate it. We do. I don't want to think of how we would behave without your gentle guiding hand.

However, this is a dumb argument. They're mocking our fanbase for rushing the court. Stop trying to change that with tiny semantics arguments. You're just wrong.

null

It is sad isn't it...I've never been that bored, but I hope

Mar 28, 2014, 2:33 PM

if I ever DO get bored enough to roll over to a rival's board to play contrarian, that I just drink bleach instead...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You guys are so dumb***

Mar 28, 2014, 4:09 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

how so?***

Mar 28, 2014, 4:30 PM

In your post, you were way off.***

Apr 7, 2014, 10:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm not chastising anyone for anything.

Mar 28, 2014, 3:13 PM [ in reply to I know nothing brings you more joy than chastising Clemson ]

I'm not denying Clemson fans are being mocked. My point is...who cares? We all get mocked for all sorts of things all the time. For example, I get mocked for being here all the time, though I'm not a Clemson fan. And rightfully so...I rather enjoy it.

You'd be pathetic if you weren't a coot...But calling a coot

Mar 28, 2014, 3:42 PM

pathetic would be redundant...The fact that you enjoy it makes it sooo much sadder...

Re: You'd be pathetic if you weren't a coot...But calling a coot

Mar 28, 2014, 4:38 PM

We agree***

Mar 28, 2014, 4:39 PM

What's more pathetic...that I've made 20,000 posts here or

Mar 28, 2014, 4:47 PM

the fact that I had another 22,000 posts with a previous handle?

I would say the grand total of 42,000 is saddest of all...I

Mar 28, 2014, 4:56 PM

would have put the muzzle in my mouth about 40,000 posts ago...

Your pathetic lost soul....***

Mar 28, 2014, 5:20 PM [ in reply to What's more pathetic...that I've made 20,000 posts here or ]

Well, now that the Coot told me we take things way too

Mar 28, 2014, 12:18 PM [ in reply to Y'all take this stuff way too seriously. ]

seriously, I suddenly feel better!

This.

Mar 28, 2014, 12:26 PM [ in reply to Y'all take this stuff way too seriously. ]

People here lose way too much sleep over other people's opinions about Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: Y'all take this stuff way too seriously.

Apr 7, 2014, 9:33 PM [ in reply to Y'all take this stuff way too seriously. ]

Not quite correct there Prodigal...The announcers have been commenting on that & bashing us for it ever since we won the game.
Pretty obvious & hard to miss there venom spit at us!

Message was edited by: jbthe1tiger99®

Mar 28, 2014, 11:49 AM

Hey geniuses, ESPN doesn't care if they make you happy or mad. They want you to watch their programming, and if the way to do that is get you upset they are just fine with it. Means you're watching, and therefore equals revenue to them. You emailing them about how grumpy it made you only verifies to them that they are getting you to watch. I promise their goal isn't to try and make every fan base of every school and professional organization happy. It's to get as many people watching their programs as possible. Your email is accomplishing the opposite of what you hope it will. If they get bombarded with emails from angry Clemson fans when they make fun of Clemson a little bit, then they just figured out how to ensure our fan base tunes in.

absolutely correct! I quit watching years ago!! (except for

Mar 28, 2014, 11:51 AM

the sporting events that I HAVE to watch---I'm a junkie what can I say)

What's the link to the ombudsman?***

Mar 28, 2014, 11:49 AM

The ombudsman is tackling issues like

Mar 28, 2014, 12:08 PM

how one of their columns might have caused a suicide, and how they are treating the new about homosexuality, but I'm sure he'll find time to answer e-mails about who was in the Not Top 10 on March 28.

There is a HUGE difference between walking on to the court

Mar 28, 2014, 11:58 AM

to hang with the players and rushing the court. Clemson fans RUSHED the court. All for beating Belmont.

Tell 'em coot

Mar 28, 2014, 12:00 PM

sad

Not for beating Belmont, for winning a spot in NY

Mar 28, 2014, 12:03 PM [ in reply to There is a HUGE difference between walking on to the court ]

when this team was picked to not be in any post-season, by "experts" and fans alike. Belmont happened to be that team that was there.

People don't get, it was never about Belmont. It was about the team surpassing everyone's expectations and being rewarded for it by a trip to NY to play MORE Bball.

Clemson

Re: There is a HUGE difference between walking on to the court

Mar 28, 2014, 4:40 PM [ in reply to There is a HUGE difference between walking on to the court ]

Should we casually walk on to the court? Or should we rush the court after winning our first conference game? Tell me, what's it like having an embarrassing basketball team that would lose to your girls team?

Good idea! Here's mine:

Mar 28, 2014, 11:59 AM

Robert: As a man of reason, I seek your insight. Once again, via inclusion in the "Not Top 10", your network has presented Clemson fans as yokels (which we may be, but that's beside the point) for rushing the field of play after a game against a supposedly "inferior" opponent.

While the notion of whether or not a foe is deserving of such action, the simple act of taking the floor or field is, and has been for years, a tradition at our school. The Clemson Family is invited to meet at the Paw after every game to come together and sing the alma mater.

I'm not sure why your colleagues have so much trouble grasping the communion between team and fans at our pleasant university. They certainly have no trouble grasping the tradition of our football team rubbing a rock and running down the hill. They don't seem to have difficulty with team "walks" through the fans before games.

Why, then, is it beyond their fathoming that our fans would have a similar tradition afterward to share the victory, or console in the loss?

To us, it's a small sliver of humanity left in the increasingly corporate world of college sport. We'd appreciate y'alls giving it the respect it deserves.

Many thanks!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah it is SEC bias

Mar 28, 2014, 12:25 PM

Not the fact you stormed the court of the NIT quarterfinal.....

And bf you even bring up USC storming the court vs Kentucky....that was ghey too.

The Chronic was awesome, but BEATS headphones suck.***

Mar 28, 2014, 1:03 PM

After 0-21, you stormed the field after beating New Mexico

Apr 7, 2014, 8:47 PM [ in reply to yeah it is SEC bias ]

St. Or does nothing before 2009 count in your anti-parallel reality plane?

-DNT

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Re: yeah it is SEC bias. STILL missing the point totally!

Apr 7, 2014, 9:51 PM [ in reply to yeah it is SEC bias ]

At least we made a tournament stupid coot!
We wouldn't expect you of all possible fans to understand anything like the pride, tradition & family culture we have here at Clemson...
It's non-existent in clucksville.

We were picked to end up last & go nowhere. We made something out of 'nothing', salvaged our season, & made the quarterfinals of the NIT...one of 2 major college bball tourneys & ended up closer to the top in conference rankings then ever imagined.
Again: CLEMSON JOINS THEIR PLAYERS ON THE COURT AFTER EVERY GAME!!! WIN OR LOSE (if we feel like it)...squeeze that into your little coot brain for Christ's sake already! You're worse than the uninformed ESecPN tradition police!

Why are we trying to get a reputation

Mar 28, 2014, 12:29 PM

As a fan base that gets its panties in a wad every time someone writes something we don't like about Clemson?

These writers are going to start saying, "Let's see how much we can get those Clemson clowns riled up."

Gamecock fans expertly cornered that market. Let's not be like them.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Re: ignoring stupid comments doesn't make them go away

Apr 7, 2014, 9:58 PM

And it doesn't let idiots know that's what they are & are dead wrong.

They should know especially when they're misinforming the rest of the unassuming public, trying to make us look like insignificant losers who are ecstatic just to win a game (much less a very big game such as that one, despite the 'lesser' opponent...which made it that far to play us for the quarterfinals invite to NY).

I'd rather be on Not Top 10

Mar 28, 2014, 12:35 PM

with an enthusiastic capacity crowd and students rushing the floor than a half filled cheese and wine stadium. One Gopher fan in the upper deck. Gopher fans should have been Not Top 10 for staying home....Boring! I had a great time and so did my kids. Go Tigers!

not at bball games***

Mar 28, 2014, 12:42 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

If there's a not top 10 moment it's Spurrier's commendation.***

Mar 28, 2014, 1:04 PM

I don't remember a tradition of going on the court

Mar 28, 2014, 3:09 PM

football yes. Basketball, I don't think so. But I've only been going to games since 79 so I could be off a bit.

we don't always go onto the court, btw

Mar 28, 2014, 4:08 PM

The rest of your complaints are fine. I don't think they owe us any kind of apology, but the big deal they made over us rushing the court was kind of ridiculous.

That said, I was surprised the fans rushed the court because of who we were playing. Part of me thinks the fans just came on the court because they were so excited and weren't really thinking about the magnitude/ lack of magnitude of the game.

Re: we don't always go onto the court, btw

Mar 28, 2014, 4:57 PM

You're absolutely right, going onto the court after every basketball game has never been a "tradition". I don't know where that idea came from. Heck, just attending the basketball games is a stretch for the average student. I don't blame the kids for being excited, and they don't really deserve the criticism like that, especially from ESPN. To be honest our student fan base isn't the most basketball savvy group, they got excited about winning a good game and wanted to celebrate with their team, so what? The critics, and ESPN are out of line, but please don't say that going out on the court is something we do (like after football games) because it ain't.

Re: an every game tradition or not...it's been catching on

Apr 7, 2014, 10:09 PM

And happening alot in the last 5 years I've been going to games after moving back here from Europe...and I like it & applaud it!

Who're the announcers & thESPiN prickheads to decide what we can do in our house & on our court after a game???
We CAN rush the court & be with our players if we want to & there's no stupid fine. It's OUR prerogative!!!!

& most of y'all fail to see or mention this, but may I remind you it was also our last home game of the season, our farewell game, & last chance (possibly) to enjoy that special time & winning feeling & emotion with players like KJ McDaniels! And it got us our invite to MSG, as if that's no big deal :-/

Here's mine: Deer ESPN - I didn't know we made the

Mar 28, 2014, 4:20 PM

Not Top 10 because I stopped watching your station a year ago last February.

Joe E. Bee

Replies: 50
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic