Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Instant Analysis: No. 4 FSU 49, No. 10 Clemson 37
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Instant Analysis: No. 4 FSU 49, No. 10 Clemson 37

Sep 22, 2012, 11:52 PM

Instant Analysis: No. 4 FSU 49, No. 10 Clemson 37

Instant analysis from FSU's 49-37 victory Saturday night at Doak Campbell Stadium. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Instant Analysis: No. 4 FSU 49, No. 10 Clemson 37

Sep 23, 2012, 12:19 AM

Clemson had some chances to possibly put this one away early in the third quarter, but in turn, FSU was able to get some big plays especially on special teams which rlly swung the momentum their way, and our defense didnt have the depth to contain the noles for four quarters...clemson wouldve had to play close to perfect to win tonight, the noles are just that good and deep, not to mention they were playing at home.

The Tigers did some great things, and i was proud they finished and didnt give up at the end. Clemson looks to have a fine season if they keep their head up and keep working...FSU was just too much tonight, especially with 80thousand Seminoles bearing down on them:P

Sep 23, 2012, 12:20 AM

i wish kevin steele were still here so Dabo could fire him again! i would hate to be at the defensive practices this week. I bet BV is ready to blow a gasket.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 23, 2012, 12:22 AM

that stated, they did not give up.
met a better team tonight. not many teams would have beaten the noles tonight. learn from it and move on.
GO TIGERS

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

My take..

Sep 23, 2012, 12:27 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Instant Analysis: No. 4 FSU 49, No. 10 Clemson 37 ]

While the tackling was definitely poor, the defense did get a few stops in the the first half and in the 3rd quarter. If we kick touchbacks instead of allowing returns, I think we at least make FSU earn their points a little more. That might have kept us in the game longer and possibly given us a chance at the end. Once they got a couple of quick scores, their defense got fired up and we had no answer with our offense. Three straight 3-and-outs puts our defense in an impossible situation. Then Tajh starts pressing and we're back to the Orange Bowl.

We lost to a better team tonight but gave them a war

Sep 23, 2012, 12:41 AM

Our Offense is nearly unstoppable. We put up huge numbers against one of the best defenses in the country. Our D is not good, no suprise there but it's the ST that swing the balance. The D was put in bad field posistion and then their D stepped up and made plays forcing 3 and outs which gave the D no time to rest. They got gashed as a result.

It felt good to not give up and score at the end of the game but it still hurts to lose this game. It was ours for the taking.

Good game, but our D still stinks, much like under Steele.

Sep 23, 2012, 1:00 AM

So far, I'm not impressed by Dabo's hire of Brent Venables. FSU could have put up more than 50 if they hadn't been merciful. That's bad D. Exactly as I opined before the game.

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=12811830#12811830

Short fields by the ST don't help either***

Sep 23, 2012, 1:19 AM

True but CU recovered punt fumble at FSU 38 that led to a TD***

Sep 23, 2012, 1:11 PM

just takes away the drama of watching them go 15 plays***

Sep 24, 2012, 7:59 AM [ in reply to Short fields by the ST don't help either*** ]

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic