»
Topic: We lost a retired Clemson professor.
Replies: 5   Last Post: Nov 12, 2020, 7:39 PM by: 8992Tiger
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 5  

We lost a retired Clemson professor.

emoji_events [6]
Posted: Nov 12, 2020, 4:10 PM

He was a very intelligent, very nice guy. He had a dry sense of humor but also a rather silly side. He loved his grandkids. Rest in peace, Dr. David Nicholas. You were a helluva good uncle.

https://www.clickfh.com/obituaries/obituary-listings?obId=18934301

Re: We lost a retired Clemson professor.

[2]
Posted: Nov 12, 2020, 4:38 PM

What kind of dogs are Hansi and Pixie?

2021 white level member

[1]
Posted: Nov 12, 2020, 7:39 PM

Not sure, but I know they weren't mutts.

crk

[4]
Posted: Nov 12, 2020, 4:43 PM

I took English History from your uncle in 1996 or 1997. He was outstanding and instilled a love of the subject for me. After graduation, I planned a visit to the UK, and he advised me on where to go, what to see, etc. I am very sorry to learn he is gone, but forever grateful that I crossed his path.

[4]
Posted: Nov 12, 2020, 5:19 PM

Thank you for sharing this. I have fond memories of Dr. Nicholas and am sad to hear of his passing. Dr. Nicholas was my advisor at Clemson (class of 03) and I took a couple of his classes. He did have a great, dry sense of humor - you really had to listen to what he said to pick up on the joke, because he would not let on that he was joking. He was always generous with his time and would meet with me at his office to discuss classes to take, career path, etc. I remember he would have his classical music on in the background. One time during class, at the end of the school year, students were loudly celebrating outside with horns honking. He looked outside and without missing a beat, announced "The school year isn't over until I say it is!" Truly a Clemson gentleman in every sense of the word - the university and community were better for having him be a part of it.

[1]
Posted: Nov 12, 2020, 7:34 PM

Ha ha ha. That sounds like him. I can hear his baritone voice perfectly enunciating it!

Replies: 5  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (4) Section J row S...$3600. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
2009 people have read this post