Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We live in a world where the MSM
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 586

We live in a world where the MSM

Aug 13, 2020, 9:24 AM

Thinks the following stories/controversies are more important to cover than a 5 year old boy getting executed in front of his sisters for the crime of riding a bike on somebodies lawn. When Trump calls the media the enemy of the people, he isn't wrong.

- An apparent "noose" that was hanging in a garage of a black NASCAR driver. Noose ended up being a garage pull down and this warranted an FBI investigation

- A woman in a park calling the cops on a black man after he harassed and threatened her dog.

- A man that gets shot by the cops after he shoots a taser at the cop's face.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weird, I heard about the 5yo boy being executed from MSM***

Aug 13, 2020, 9:25 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

BUT HOW LOUD WERE THEY YELLING?????***

Aug 13, 2020, 9:28 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Weird, I heard about the 5yo boy being executed from MSM***

Aug 13, 2020, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Weird, I heard about the 5yo boy being executed from MSM*** ]

Who, Fox News? That's the only place I've seen it covered.

https://twitter.com/MattWalshBlog/status/1293397738160361472?s=20

I saw it from ABC.***

Aug 13, 2020, 9:33 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I saw it from ABC.***

Aug 13, 2020, 9:39 AM

I believe you are talking about a local ABC station.

What is it about this murder that you feel needs the

Aug 13, 2020, 9:44 AM

national attention?

There's what, 50 murders per day, that's going to be quite overwhelming if every single one gets national attention, and unfeasible for a national company to cover all of them.

Omg wait, that's why we have local affiliates.

You bitching about how ESPN went overboard with the noose and equating it to MSM, it's simply exhausting, I have no idea how you go through life so upset and angry in feigned outrage over things that don't exist.

Re: What is it about this murder that you feel needs the

Aug 13, 2020, 10:01 AM

national attention?

There's what, 50 murders per day, that's going to be quite overwhelming if every single one gets national attention, and unfeasible for a national company to cover all of them.

Omg wait, that's why we have local affiliates.

You bitching about how ESPN went overboard with the noose and equating it to MSM, it's simply exhausting, I have no idea how you go through life so upset and angry in feigned outrage over things that don't exist.

- Do you not think ESPN is mainstream media?

- I didn't mention ESPN so when you say it's exhausting that I bring this up it is a little confusing. Try to read better next time.

- Do you think ESPN was the only news outlet to cover Bubba Wallace? Strange that you would think that

Re: What is it about this murder that you feel needs the

Aug 13, 2020, 10:02 AM

Fun bullets. ESPN was the only one incessantly covering it. It was also on national media.

LOL "Matt Walsh" doesn't know the NY Times URL***

Aug 13, 2020, 10:20 AM [ in reply to Re: Weird, I heard about the 5yo boy being executed from MSM*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hold on...

Aug 13, 2020, 11:24 AM [ in reply to Re: Weird, I heard about the 5yo boy being executed from MSM*** ]

You cite this random Walsh dude, who doesn't even know the NY Times URL as evidence, and claim that to be the end all be all of coverage.

If you're citing that, I'm assuming you also don't know their URL.

Finally, the NY Times doesn't report on every #### murder that happens across the United States.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

In a capitalist society we get fed what we will consume

Aug 13, 2020, 9:28 AM

I wouldn’t have any idea what was pushed by the msm if you folks that claim to hate it didn’t eat up every word and run in here to tell us about it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm sure this story would sell - if you think that is what

Aug 13, 2020, 10:03 AM

t is required to report news these days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe.

Aug 13, 2020, 11:20 AM [ in reply to In a capitalist society we get fed what we will consume ]

I also believe it's become really prevalent to do something like selling fake news filled with headlines which are disrespectful to the truth while hiding or ignoring facts which contradict the the writers' points of view.

By saying 'This is what people want to read,' makes news outlets more fictional entertainment than news. I also resent any suggestions that deceitful articles are the readers' fault. That's the purest BS I see.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They cover what people want to see.

Aug 13, 2020, 9:30 AM

I've seen the terrible news about the boy. Not many people talking about it, though. I saw about 5000 social media posts and T-Net posts about the NASCAR "noose".

It's the same thing as when I hear people complaining about there never being any "good news" on the news. Yet my social media is filled with people complaining about bad things happening. I think people like to project their own biases onto the media they consume.

Face it. They cover what the DNC wants people to see.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:15 AM

HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: We live in a world where the MSM

Aug 13, 2020, 9:35 AM

Is it really that big of a story?

Aug 13, 2020, 9:38 AM

hmmmm. It's a bigger story IMO than the George Floyd incident.

Aug 13, 2020, 9:45 AM

Not even remotely.

Can you please explain why since this is your opinion?***

Aug 13, 2020, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Re: We live in a world where the MSM ]

I'll explain his opinion for you.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:22 AM

He cares more in this case because the victim was white and the perp was an unknown black person.

As opposed to a black victim murdered by a law enforcement official sworn to protect him.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nationally, not really.

Aug 13, 2020, 9:54 AM [ in reply to Re: We live in a world where the MSM ]

Terrible murder. Killer arrested. Justice system is working.

In George Floyd, at first, a murder caught on tape by the people we expect to protect us and addressing a consistent national problem. Justice not immediately served. People demanding societal change.

In the case you are citing, it's a criminal POS who did something terrible... this isn't really surprising in our world. Tragic and horrible, yes, but not evidence of systemic problem.

I think if the killer was on the loose or was somehow skirting justice, it would be a bigger story.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Aug 13, 2020, 9:44 AM

1. The MSM isn't some conglomerate entity with one mind.

2. It's been reported.

3. As stated by others in here, any media outlet is going to push stories that generate the most viewership/readership. They have focus studies on this stuff.

4. You seem to really be focusing on race here. Is your outrage because it's black on white crime? Or just upset over it being a child (which is understandable)?

5. How come you haven't shown outrage over other cases of children being killed? Why is this one your white whale?

Eons ago when I was a reporter, I wrote about cold case murder in Charleston involving a brutally raped/murdered drug addict and homeless woman. I found her mother and interviewed her. She said to me during the interview:

"When they killed my baby, your newspaper ran her story deep inside the local section. That same day, they ran a front page story about someone abusing a dog. Your newspaper thought a dog was more important than my baby's life."

The damning thing is, she was right. Animal abuse stories always generated more attention than dead homeless drug addicts.

If you had seen both of those stories that day, which one would you have been more interested in?

In fairness, dogs are more likable than people.***

Aug 13, 2020, 9:49 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 9:57 AM [ in reply to Re: We live in a world where the MSM ]

Catahoula said:

1. The MSM isn't some conglomerate entity with one mind.

2. It's been reported.

3. As stated by others in here, any media outlet is going to push stories that generate the most viewership/readership. They have focus studies on this stuff.

4. You seem to really be focusing on race here. Is your outrage because it's black on white crime? Or just upset over it being a child (which is understandable)?

5. How come you haven't shown outrage over other cases of children being killed? Why is this one your white whale?

Eons ago when I was a reporter, I wrote about cold case murder in Charleston involving a brutally raped/murdered drug addict and homeless woman. I found her mother and interviewed her. She said to me during the interview:

"When they killed my baby, your newspaper ran her story deep inside the local section. That same day, they ran a front page story about someone abusing a dog. Your newspaper thought a dog was more important than my baby's life."

The damning thing is, she was right. Animal abuse stories always generated more attention than dead homeless drug addicts.

If you had seen both of those stories that day, which one would you have been more interested in?

1. Duh

2. Google his name and see if it was reported by any main stream media outlet. You will only find a couple of links. Some local media have covered

3. Completely agree and that is a HUGE problem. Fake news gets clicks.

4. I actually didn't mention race when describing the incident. So maybe you are the one focusing on race? I'm upset a child was executed while riding his bike on the street in front of his sisters. Also this happened in my home state, somewhat close to where I live.

5. I have expressed outrage over kids being murdered as recent as a few weeks ago. So another stupid point by you.

Back at ya...

Aug 13, 2020, 10:13 AM

1. Then don't describe them as if they are a massive conglomerate entity.

2. I did.

3. "Fake news" means something that's completely made up, NOT something you just don't like or don't want reported. That's it. There is no other definition.

4. You mentioned race in your other examples, so that seems to be on your mind. You also mention this is in your home state, so maybe you feel it should be more national since it hits closer to home. These stories don't usually go national.

5. Which ones? And why do you think certain stories of children getting murdered should be national? Do you think they all should?

Re: Back at ya...

Aug 13, 2020, 10:34 AM

I will be sure to list out all of the main stream media outlets next time instead of just simply typing MSM to appease you.

I'm very sorry.

Aug 13, 2020, 10:36 AM [ in reply to Back at ya... ]

Cata,

Since you obviously think that the national media shouldn't have covered this incident.

If the roles were reversed and it was a White man killing a black child, do you think the national news should cover that?

Do you think the national media would cover?

Aug 13, 2020, 10:57 AM

I didn't say I thought they shouldn't cover it. I'm just explaining why it hasn't gotten the same attention.

I think it would be about the same situation. In fact, over the years, the national media have given far more attention and play to white child homicide/kidnapping/sexual assault than minority ones. Remember Nancy Grace? If it was a white kid (especially female), she would lose her mind. Not so much with minority kids.

Aug 13, 2020, 11:10 AM

I can no longer take you seriously if you can't even admit that if the roles were reversed, the MSM would cover.

Why do YOU think...

Aug 13, 2020, 11:27 AM

It would be different if the roles were reversed, and what evidence to you present to support that claim?

Aug 13, 2020, 11:19 AM [ in reply to Re: Back at ya... ]

Hey Cata,

If all things are equal then can you find out why MSM hasn't covered this yet? People getting killed by cops is certainly a hot topic in the media right now. Not sure why they wouldn't cover if there wasn't some sort of agenda.

https://twitter.com/AttorneyCrump/status/1291565979395223552?s=20

2nd degree murder... Complied and was killed from behind.***

Aug 13, 2020, 3:10 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 13, 2020, 3:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Back at ya... ]

Hey Cata,

I know you like to say "Major Ownage" like a 12 year old when you believe you proved somebody wrong. Did you just get owned? I know you usually just don't respond when you get proven wrong.

So in this case, a white man was gunned down by police and the national media hasn't covered it at all.

What do you think the reason behind the media not covering this tragedy?

Oh, my apologies, sweetheart

Aug 13, 2020, 3:50 PM

I didn't see this one.

My best guess is that his shooting happened in the midst of all the turmoil, thus it fell by the wayside, which can also be a common occurrence.

I'm not justifying that, and personally, I think cases like this should get national coverage as it continues to speak to the overall problem with police shootings. I have argued before it's more of a problem on a racial sense, but still a problem across the board.

I think part of the reason you saw so much on George Floyd was how shocking the video was with him begging for his life. That sells.

Re: Oh, my apologies, sweetheart

Aug 13, 2020, 4:00 PM

I agree with the George Floyd video as that was extremely difficult to watch. Painfully sad, although there was no evidence that race played a part in the death of George Floyd and it's even more clear now that the body cam footage has been leaked.

But you have to stop making excuses for the media. The media on ALL sides is ridiculously biased and it's hard to trust any source nowadays.

I don't understand how you can sit here with a straight face and tell me that if this was a black kid and a white man executed him for riding a bike on his lawn, there wouldn't be non-stop media coverage and protests over this.

The guy who shot the taser at a cops face and got shot was also in the middle of this turmoil. But it wasn't overlooked by the media. Businesses got burnt down because of it.

Re: Oh, my apologies, sweetheart

Aug 13, 2020, 4:05 PM

Oh, I have plenty of criticisms for the media. But they are not this massive, single-minded entity that works together to spread an agenda like you and so many others here claim they do.

And I can name many times I personally saw within a newsroom where white victims were given far more play than black victims of the same nature.

The NC case is horrible and I'm sure has blown up a lot of local media. It's made a lot of SC media, too. But stories like that don't usually go national.

#sayhisname***

Aug 13, 2020, 9:47 AM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Have you stopped and asked if maybe it isn't political?

Aug 13, 2020, 9:47 AM

Just because you feign outrage, doesn't mean that anyone who doesn't is somehow pro-child murder. Is there some new law you would like to propose? Or maybe you would like to see local police start using pre-cogs so they can stop crimes before they happen?

I think you've touched upon the key issue somewhat...

Aug 13, 2020, 9:52 AM

This story is horrible, but the killer was arrested and justice is being carried out. This isn't a national controversy regarding racial issues, thus it won't generate the national attention.

It's a horrible murder, but it's going through the system and it remains primarily a local story.

We need a new forum for all the horrible news

Aug 13, 2020, 9:55 AM

that isn't political or religious. The not P&R Boards, the NPR we'll call it.

Trump never called media the enemy of the people.

Aug 13, 2020, 11:15 AM

He said fake news media was the enemy of the people, remember? Remember all those media organizations working daily to convince Americans that Trump was a Russian plant, a Putin puppet and treasonous? Yeah, those were the good ole days which proved fake news was the enemy of the Americans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks for playing, 88. Click for ownage.

Aug 13, 2020, 11:29 AM

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1114221533461790721

Replies: 42
| visibility 586
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic