Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
BAMA film study - watched ole miss, Tenn, Ark.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

BAMA film study - watched ole miss, Tenn, Ark.

Jan 4, 2016, 11:06 PM

Coker is crap under pressure. That oline is good but they aren't world beaters. We WILL get to Coker. Coker has a tendency to throw ducks under pressure. Hello INT!

Coker actually runs better than I thought but he is no baker Mayfield :cough:

Their defense is BIG! but they don't have great sideline-to sideline or closing speed and they will take bad angles. They really struggle with the zone read / pass option.

Their DB's get beat deep a couple times a game. They struggle with tall WR which sucks that MW and DC aren't available.

Their number 2 Rb will present more problems for us than Henry imo.

Their skill guys break tackles. ....we have got to wrap up! (Looking at you Kearse)

I'm feeling better and better about this game. I have been predicting around 31-27 cu....but thinking it could be more like 34-24 now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: BAMA film study - watched ole miss, Tenn, Ark.

Jan 4, 2016, 11:07 PM

Watch LSU, Mississipi St, Auburn, Florida, and Michigan State then tell me if you feel the same.

Only Auburn somewhat resembles our offense

Jan 4, 2016, 11:09 PM

And they stink out loud this year.

Re: Only Auburn somewhat resembles our offense

Jan 4, 2016, 11:14 PM

I'm not denying that Clemson will be the best team Bama has faced this year. Just warning you not to judge Bama based on the earlier part of the season. Bama has been a very different team since the Tennessee game. That game was the end of eight consecutive games including road games at Georgia and A&M. Bama has completely dominated their last six games.

Jan 4, 2016, 11:32 PM

Bamaphil?

Is that you? I've been looking all over for you on your own Fan site and I couldn't find you!!! Let's both go back to Bama holdin' hands. (They like that stuff)
Actually, you go ahead.
I'll meet you after the game.

(End of sarcastic tone:)
If we win I challenge you to come back and eat a heathy helping crow, but if we lose I'll sign up for your fan site (of your choosing) and eat crow.
Deal?

I've never seen a opponents fan do this--

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2016, 11:52 PM

You're welcome to come to Crimson Red Sports this week and talk some before the game.

You might notice that I haven't made any guarantees Bama is going to win the game. I acknowledge Clemson is a great team and expect a hard fought game.

Jan 5, 2016, 6:10 AM

There are a few things you haven't acknowledged.....

Jan 4, 2016, 11:33 PM [ in reply to Re: Only Auburn somewhat resembles our offense ]

From what I've seen, they pull away in the second half and run up the score in the remaining minutes of the game. You do realize that when you're behind in the second half you can't ride Henry?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 5, 2016, 6:17 AM [ in reply to Re: Only Auburn somewhat resembles our offense ]

The reason why Bama has done better since Tennessee is because they haven't faced a dual threat qb and skill players that can spread a defense out.

Jan 5, 2016, 7:48 AM

Exactly. ..funny how that works. Can you imagine the comments if that was Clemson's schedule?

We heard the same thing about OU after the Texas game***

Jan 5, 2016, 9:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Only Auburn somewhat resembles our offense ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We heard the same thing from 12/6 through 12/31

Jan 5, 2016, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Re: Only Auburn somewhat resembles our offense ]

until about 8pm...

While Bama is clearly > Oklahoma and will also be our toughest game this year, I think you also need to recognize a couple of things...

1) We played 10 straight weeks starting from notre dame through ACCCG
2) Bama's schedule since UT was...not the toughest in the world. Let's take a look (and yes, I have orange, not crimson, colored glasses on, so this is slanted, but that's what fans do)
> LSU--good team, but certainly not great and one dimensional on offense. Stop Fournette, LSU is terrible offensively.
> MS St--very good win because was on the road and against a good team. But, our D is far better than Ms St and our offense is better overall and far more balanced. They threw for 300 and outgained you in that game. Punt return TD and 3 other 'big plays'...2 long Henry runs and a long TD pass to Ridley...
> Chas So...throw away game
> Auburn...rivalry game, so throw out to a degree, but you know better than most...this game was closer than it should've been...Auburn's offense was not good this year, ranking 94th, but Bama did hold them under average by about 100 yards...reminder: if you hold us 100 below our average, we'll still go for over 400...
> Florida...absolutely no offense...FSU shut them out the week before, so can't take much away from that. Concern for us based on this game, was running for 200+ on UF's D...but fatigue played a role as UF only had 16 mins of possession...16 Mins!?!?!?!? I'll be first to admit if we have the ball for less than 20 mins, you'll be champs...
> Mich st...73rd ranked offense, so again...D played great, but...Worry for us in this game is Bama's passing attack really carried the day (stats: Ms St allowd 60.5% completion rate on year (ranked 90th); we ranked 2nd with 47.6%). If Coker completes at 75% again (see previous stat for sanity check), it could be long day for us, but I'd put our back end D well above MSU's..their run D may be better, but we just held OU to 67 yards rushing, which can't be ignored.

So--all that said...yes, Bama has been dominant in the back half of the year, but the schedule has not been great. You were given a big of a gift by having OU drop back to #4 to get to play MSU, if nothing else, because of style of play (although based on what we did to OU, I think Henry might have gone for 250+ against them)...but the offense would've stressed your D worse than MSU's for sure.

If we throw out the beginning of the season for Bama we are not left wondering how good they actually are, but we are left wondering how good the teams they've faced are...The best offense they've faced is Ms St over that time and they are outside the Top 30 and have little running game...(they also give up a helluva lot more sacks than we do, ranking 93rd in nation...prescott was sacked NINE times in that game...worth noting that if you remove the 9 and add 2 sacks to that game, they still rank in the 60s in sacks allowed/game on the season). Even w/ that, they outgained Bama in the game...

So--I see your point on the past 5 weeks, but that is my long winded (apologies) counter point...or counter points, I guess...

Message was edited by: '99Tiger®

Message was edited by: '99Tiger®

Forgot to say lsu as well

Jan 4, 2016, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: BAMA film study - watched ole miss, Tenn, Ark. ]

That was encouraging as well... do you watch your team?

You haven't played a team with an offensive pulse in your last 4 games!

The Florida game is l was a joke.
Auburn? Ha hahaha
Come on. ...

In all seriousness. ..I know this will be the best defense we have faced. ....other than what we face in practice. ...but your offense isn't scary at all...it's good but not dynamic in anyway.

If you stop listening to the hype and watch football. .... it's easy to see Clemson is a matchup nightmare for Bama! We have to play tiger ball...if we do. We win. Eos

LOL. Five teams that play without an offense...***

Jan 4, 2016, 11:20 PM [ in reply to Re: BAMA film study - watched ole miss, Tenn, Ark. ]

Auburn gave Bama fits for 3.5 quarters

Jan 4, 2016, 11:27 PM [ in reply to Re: BAMA film study - watched ole miss, Tenn, Ark. ]

Bama didn't pull away until the end. So don't crow about the score because it was close for most of the game.

Re: Auburn gave Bama fits for 3.5 quarters

Jan 5, 2016, 9:07 AM

Thanks not Auburn's year we all have them. The last 15 years Auburn has beaten Al. 9 times. So go beat the crap out of them for us. WDE. Guard the Rock. Most Auburn fans are grads. Classy people like Clemson. And yes I think Dabo Swinney is one of the best coaches in college football. We will have a good game next year will enjoy seeing Clemson fans, they are great!

Jan 5, 2016, 9:30 AM

Syracuse, uscjr, nc state and fsu are the Clemson games I watched. I had no idea so many teams ran with ease against Clemson.

Jan 5, 2016, 9:35 AM

Every team you just listed with the exception of FSU(who had nothing major except one big run) ran the spread option. Unless Bama shifts its offense in 11 days to the spread option I see Henry having a long night. Venables has done well against traditional offenses since he's been here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 5, 2016, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Auburn gave Bama fits for 3.5 quarters ]

Lol. ..fsu ran with ease? For two plays maybe. You need to actually watch the game not read about them.

Jan 5, 2016, 10:45 AM

21 carries. 9.2 yards per carry on a bum hamstring. 8 carries of 7 yards or more.

Several running backs have had success running on Clemson this year.

But really, we know the identities of these teams. Past struggles won't matter too much. Both teams are fresh and motivated. I expect both teams to show up with their A games.

Jan 5, 2016, 10:58 AM

Had 83 yards outside if the two early runs..... keep trying

Ask ND and OU about running with ease

Jan 5, 2016, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Re: Auburn gave Bama fits for 3.5 quarters ]

There are lots of factors, including end of the season fatigue

Thanks, I'm planning on going to the game next year

Jan 5, 2016, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Auburn gave Bama fits for 3.5 quarters ]

A friend, Auburn fan, and I have driven from Madison, AL to all of the recent Auburn/Clemson games. We're working on getting tickets secured for the next two seasons.

You wish Clemson was an SEC cupcake!***

Jan 5, 2016, 10:59 AM [ in reply to Re: BAMA film study - watched ole miss, Tenn, Ark. ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2016, 11:10 PM

> Coker is crap under pressure. That oline is good but
> they aren't world beaters. We WILL get to Coker.
> Coker has a tendency to throw ducks under pressure.
> . Hello INT!
>
> Coker actually runs better than I thought but he is
> no baker Mayfield :cough:
>
> Their defense is BIG! but they don't have great
> sideline-to sideline or closing speed and they will
> take bad angles. They really struggle with the zone
> read / pass option.
>
> Their DB's get beat deep a couple times a game. They
> struggle with tall WR which sucks that MW and DC
> aren't available.
>
> Their number 2 Rb will present more problems for us
> than Henry imo.
>
> Their skill guys break tackles. ....we have got to
> wrap up! (Looking at you Kearse)
>
> I'm feeling better and better about this game. I
> have been predicting around 31-27 cu....but thinking
> it could be more like 34-24 now.

Might behoove you to watch some games later in the year to see team growth

Jan 4, 2016, 11:25 PM

See them grow? Or their competition decline? Hmmmm

Jan 5, 2016, 6:29 AM [ in reply to Re: BAMA film study - watched ole miss, Tenn, Ark. ]

Lol, what team growth? Henry carrying the ball 40+ times a game? You know what that is called? Exploiting an outmatched team. You're gonna need more balance to score on our defense and I'm 100% positive, Coker won't be able to provide enough through the air.

that's what OU fans said..

Jan 5, 2016, 7:53 AM [ in reply to Re: BAMA film study - watched ole miss, Tenn, Ark. ]

Watch the games after Texas, we are a different team... Nope, same year=same team

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 4, 2016, 11:11 PM

Watched TAMU and felt a lot better about how our spread will affect them. Bama had two pick sixes and 3 total turnovers and only lead that game by two possessions till into the 4th quarter in that game. And TAMU was pretty much garbage this year.

Jan 4, 2016, 11:27 PM

Yeah. The alabama offense couldn't do anything in the first half against a&m.

I did see a&m move the ball well. ... they just were young and in chaos as a team this year.

Jan 4, 2016, 11:28 PM

The holes were there. QBs just couldn't deliver. The picks they threw were pretty bad.

Jan 4, 2016, 11:29 PM

Yeah, totally changed that game after the second one.

Jan 4, 2016, 11:12 PM

You need to watch more games than those 3.

Jan 4, 2016, 11:22 PM

Add lsu.... watched the first half of Georgia. I watched most of the sec champ game live. ... boring. ...and laughable. The hype really isn't warranted. Bama is a great team. .. but they aren't the 33rd nfl team that they are made out to be.

Jan 5, 2016, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: BAMA film study - watched ole miss, Tenn, Ark. ]

Why? Those are the only teams comparable to Clemsons style. Clemson won't magically line up under center and run the dive play at Bama like 90% of the SEC and Mich St.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Jan 5, 2016, 9:00 AM

You mean a straight hand off up the middle over and over won't work? Whatever will we do? :)

I mean. ..if the sec east champ couldn't move the ball on them with that dynamic offense of theirs how in the world will we do it??? Oh no!

Lol

That's fair.

Jan 5, 2016, 11:03 AM

You picked out game against teams with pretty fair linemen. Bama's problem is that they haven't played a complete team this year.

If you want to know how Bama will react to a complete team and what a blow out looks like tune in Monday night.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic