Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have to stay hungry as fans...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1,969

We have to stay hungry as fans...

Jan 24, 2019, 10:48 AM

Treat these recent Nattys has merely a beginning, an appetizer, stay hungry, stay loud, the Future will be amazing.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sheesh. How about just letting a proven coaching staff just do what they do instead

Jan 24, 2019, 10:54 AM

of acting like an entitled brat. I want to win championships as much as the next guy but I also understand how difficult it is to win one much less two or more. These coaches and players give us 100% plus run a good program on and off the field.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sheesh. How about just letting a proven coaching staff just do what they do instead

Jan 24, 2019, 11:26 AM

Um, entitled is the opposite of hungry, that would be Bama fans. Reading comprehension is not your strongsuit.

Re: Sheesh. How about just letting a proven coaching staff just do what they do instead

Jan 24, 2019, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Sheesh. How about just letting a proven coaching staff just do what they do instead ]

I don’t understand where you got entitled out of the above comment. The poster was just reminding fans not to get complacent or expecting this every year. I think your comment was uncalled for

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Jan 24, 2019, 2:54 PM

Yes, that's all I was trying to do!

Jan 24, 2019, 4:58 PM

Then I apologize. I don’t want to see our fans treat our program like it’s national championship or bust. That’s toxic. Nobody can win it all every year. It would be nice if we could but it’s just not possible. I hope to see more championships coming but I don’t want that expectation and sense of entitlement put on our coaches and players. We see enough of that already in spite of all they’ve done. Whining about play calling. Whining because a kid makes a bad play. Whining that we beat SC by 21 and saying a win feels like a loss. Dabo says he doesn’t even want to be here if it’s not good enough. I’ve been a fan for a long time and this program has never been better. Enjoy the ride. Nothing lasts forever. Don’t place the expectation to win it all on these guys. Only one team can do it per season. We just entered some pretty elite company as a school to win three or more in the modern era. Soak it up.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 5:31 PM

Staying hungry means championships are not a given. Being entitled means you expect a championship every year. You stated the exact message I did.

I ate brunch about an hour ago.

Jan 24, 2019, 11:36 AM

I don't expect I'll be hungry again until late afternoon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I ate brunch about an hour ago.

Jan 24, 2019, 1:54 PM

As long as that translates to being hungry by late July or August in terms of the football analogy then you meet the OP's request it seems.

I could eat.***

Jan 24, 2019, 11:50 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We have to stay hungry as fans...

Jan 24, 2019, 1:51 PM

agreed, and savor every moment.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 1:52 PM

Thanks for understanding my post.

Jan 24, 2019, 1:55 PM

I think going all rah rah with 7 months to kickoff might be a bit early.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 1:59 PM

Just saying that we shouldn't become complacent and start expecting automatic success lest we become another Bama. We should always remain Little Ole Clemson game and then success will seek us out as it has.

Jan 24, 2019, 5:02 PM

Lol. Well, 8 straight 10+ seasons, I think its a little late for us NOT to expect winning.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 24, 2019, 5:23 PM

Follow the ball...championships is the subject

Jan 24, 2019, 1:58 PM

The fun’s in the winning. I will keep my TNet opinions available for Dabo and BV to use as always ... just to demonstrate sustained hunger and good faith. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we never won another Natty, I'd be happy with Dabo

Jan 24, 2019, 2:13 PM

for life.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If we never won another Natty, I'd be happy with Dabo

Jan 24, 2019, 3:26 PM

notice Dabo never makes a national championship a team goal. Win the opener, win the division, win state, win the conference. The rest will take care of it self.

Jan 24, 2019, 3:23 PM

well, there goes my diet out the window.

Replies: 19
| visibility 1,969
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic