Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dont let nobody hire our big man coach.....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Dont let nobody hire our big man coach.....

Mar 23, 2014, 1:38 PM

we are sealing about as well as anyone....Njoko plays with intensity and he is in SHAPE...runs the floor and posts up hard without being a fouling machine..has developed offensively and all he needs now is a turn around J to complete the package....give the coach a raise , ..I am serious ...very serious

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We have the best big man coach in the country IMO

Mar 23, 2014, 1:39 PM

and it's not close.

Re: Dont let nobody hire our big man coach.....

Mar 23, 2014, 1:39 PM

to me he is about the equivalent of Coach Brooks in football. A pros pro who always has them ready. I'll bet he is having fun with this group

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like our AD is ready to commit to giving our bball

Mar 23, 2014, 1:40 PM

program a B12 shot. The fact we're renovating at all is a good sign...but yes, Brownell seems to have us going in a very good direction. Can't wait to see what we're capable of in this tourney!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sounds like our AD is ready to commit to giving our bball

Mar 23, 2014, 1:50 PM

Big 12? we're going to the Big 12? ;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

better hope KJ stays***

Mar 23, 2014, 5:56 PM [ in reply to Sounds like our AD is ready to commit to giving our bball ]

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2014, 1:46 PM

Knoko is a freak. We really need for Josh Smith to make a big stride next year with Djitte.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2014, 1:48 PM

So true!!! Nnoko is a totally different player this year from last. Even so from the start to midway the season. And he should have been feed this whole game as open as he was the whole game. If the team would have gotten the ball to him more, I think we win by 20 + points and not with the nail biting last few minutes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

u got that right ! *

Mar 23, 2014, 5:34 PM

sure enough

Why does it appear that Njoko is often open for the feed...

Mar 23, 2014, 1:52 PM

...but Hall, Roper, and KJ don't feed the ball to him except when it appears there is a 7' clear perimeter around him, minus the man he is posting up?

The announcers mentioned this on at least 4 occasions that I recall, and I was thinking the same thing each time they called attention to it.

This seems to completely take the pace of the game into super slow motion. I know BB likes to go slow, but this hesitation to feed the open post seems to put games in jeopardy as it seemed to today.

I felt that Njoko could have scored another 10 points and put at least 3 additional fouls on Illinois if he had been given the ball at the right time.

DISCLAIMER: I'll admit to having been a BB hater. I'm not so much of a hater now, but skill a healthy skeptic.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Re: Why does it appear that Njoko is often open for the feed...

Mar 23, 2014, 1:58 PM

Nnoko's biggest weakness is his ability to catch and control the ball in traffic. Therefore, the players feeding him the ball have obviously been told to look at some other variables before getting the ball inside.

Let's enjoy this HUGE win, save your doubting for a little later and win this next game. BB is a fantastic coach who lost a major piece of his puzzle in JB and still beat a very good IL team today. I don't know what the man has to do but give it a rest until next year.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly ... I thought the announcers were naive and acted as

Mar 24, 2014, 9:36 AM

if we had Hakeem Olajuan under the basket. It was like they really hadn't done any homework on Nnoko's development to this point. All they saw was a big man in the paint open for a pass. They said the same things when Djitte and Djambo were in there,so ...

Nnoko is getting better and better, but he still has weakness that keep him from being a first option on offense. Right now he reminds me of Raymond Sykes and Jerai Grant in their second year.

He had a nice game against Illinois ... particularly when their big man was on the bench in foul trouble. But, at this point, he also tends to fumble easy passes and put the ball on the floor unnecessarily.

If he continues to progress like he has, he certainly will become a reliable scorer in the post. All he needs is lots of experience. This is one huge reason why these extra NIT games are so valuable to the team and the program.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

well stated

Mar 24, 2014, 2:12 PM

He is going to be an fine center by his senior year; he's improved as much as anyone in the country in one year so I think he could eventually be a Dale Davis type player in two years. His shot blocking the past two months has been exceptional, he's hit some big FT's and is doing a much better job staying out of foul trouble. That's only possible by great coaching AND by a player is willing to put in the work to get better.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it goes back to the ....

Mar 24, 2014, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Why does it appear that Njoko is often open for the feed... ]

first half of the season , where it looked to me like the guards were not seriously considering passing to the post. Now they seem to be looking more for him, but they do tend to hesitate initially ( old habits die hard ? ) , which , by that time, the defense has recovered , making the pass then a little more risky. I just think our guards have to spot him a little earlier and get the pass to him . But , hey , aint nobody perfect .

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 23, 2014, 11:34 PM

We really should try to keep him happy. And keep him at Clemson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic