Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We have a chicken curse. No other way to explain
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,830

We have a chicken curse. No other way to explain

Mar 8, 2014, 7:51 PM

the ridiculous meltdowns I've witnessed lately. Seriously, except for the 1990 sweet 16 play vs UConn (lucky shot - not a meltdown), and a couple of Bowden GT losses (blown plays as I remember), this just did NOT happen to us - at least on a regular basis. I used to watch USuC games and know what was about to happen and I loved when it did. It was like clockwork (see USuC/NCSU football 1986 for best example ever).

Now, with every game I watch, I sense we are waiting to implode. Doesn't happen every time, but the fact is it DID NOT used to happen to us. What on earth has happened to our teams???

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:Bo, this team did a lot better than I expected. I would

Mar 8, 2014, 8:51 PM

have bet you that we would not win 6 ACC games. Disappointed in this one but really enjoyed those other wins.

Very proud of the basketball team but I agree with his point

Mar 8, 2014, 10:59 PM

In that we can't seem to leave drama out of any thing in just about every close game we play regardless of the sport it is in. The exact thought hit me when watching the orange bowl and the total yard stat has us w a 200 yard adv and a five pt lead. Since then look at the baseball meltdown ag the coots and then today's game.

Re: We have a chicken curse. No other way to explain

Mar 9, 2014, 6:10 AM

All curses come back to the sender and it comes back 2 times as of what is sent. If there was indeed a chicken curse...well the next 200 years should be interesting for Clemson. Seems to be there...and it does look familiar...clocks, streaks, the whole nine yards...

Re: Re: We have a chicken curse. No other way to explain

Mar 9, 2014, 10:48 AM

You mean youre concerned with the next 200 years but fail to acknowledge the last 100?? Lol

Re: Re: We have a chicken curse. No other way to explain

Mar 9, 2014, 11:14 AM

the CURSE is at all schools with players that play tight, make mistakes, play to not lose instead of playing to win, and are poorly coached. also the CURSE has to do with schools that don't do all they can to win by supporting athletics with all means possible, coaches who don't recruit well, don't teach well, develop players to their maximum potential, and put players in positions to win. long story short, no such thing as a CURSE, just inadequate job by administrators, coaches and players.

LOL....Horsemanure! Live long enough, my Friend, and you'll

Mar 9, 2014, 6:33 AM

experience just about every outcome in sports known to mankind.

There is one and only one Chicken Curse; the cotton-picking thing resides in Columbia, and it rears its ugly head from time to time just when one least expects it to remind our worthy foes to guard against over-confidence.

True, the ole hideous creature may be napping currently, but it'll surface again soon enough. Most knowledgeable Gamecocks fear it and are cautious with the strutting and cackling. Those that aren't will be "educated" sooner rather than later.

What we have to guard against ourselves is taking a handful of missteps and adopting a "Woe is Me" attitude...something I've refused to do over all the ups and downs over the past 50 years. Why? Because if you carefully review the history of most all collegiate programs, virtually all have had similiar experiences, some worse, some the same, some not quite on an even keel.

Do I think everything is hunky-dory with our programs? No. But, then again, that's another topic.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: LOL....Horsemanure! Live long enough, my Friend, and you'll

Mar 9, 2014, 9:43 AM

hartins, I agree, there WAS only one chicken curse. Now that it has run its course and come home to roost ( cleaver huh ? ) you should pick out a name for your new found present and future gift. I could make some suggestions but I regress that to the Tiger faithful. You don't have to embrace it....but it's there none the less...a la the chicken curse....welcome to the next 200 years...if you believe in that stuff.

LOL....Sorry to disappoint you, but I have lived long enough

Mar 9, 2014, 10:30 AM

and experienced enough of both programs to know exactly where the old creature resides...and it's surely not at Clemson.

And that's precisely why I won't allow this past win to shake my confidence in our program. Kudos to South Carolina on the win; but, as far as I'm concerned, you won this past season's game...and that's it unless you want to really discuss HISTORY.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 9, 2014, 10:45 AM

No yall imploded out of the gate...you coots smh

Mar 9, 2014, 12:01 PM

We need one person in the athletic dept to step up. IMO, Ray Tanner is the one person in their dept who single-handily turned things around. He injected a mindset that turned them into mentally tough program. One person.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,830
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic