Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Wallace's message to quarterbacks: "Keep trying us"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

TNET: Wallace's message to quarterbacks: "Keep trying us"

Sep 10, 2018, 1:10 PM

Wallace's message to quarterbacks: "Keep trying us"

Clemson defensive back K'Von Wallace spoke to the media Monday following his team's hard-fought 28-26 victory over Texas A&M on Saturday night. Wallace has some Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wallace and Mullen played great games...

Sep 10, 2018, 1:13 PM

Wallace was flying around giving everything he had and trying to make plays, while Mullen was silent and locked his WR down as usual.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wallace Balled out Saturday night

Sep 10, 2018, 1:23 PM

And they stayed away from Travon a big part of the night.

Texas A&M wide receivers played out of their mind, and we had just enough bust by the LB's and a secondary at critical moments which all made the game closer than it should have been.

TAM had a good plan and played like a team with nothing to lose and took lots of shots down the field (b/c we were not giving up the run).

If the secondary continue to get better (and fingers crossed we stay healthy) I don't think we'll see anyone else get even close to the passing yards they got the rest of the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Wallace's message to quarterbacks: "Keep trying us"

Sep 10, 2018, 1:14 PM

Sounds like someone that sat through a rough film session in the DB room

K'Von played well, but he did drop 3 picks***

Sep 10, 2018, 1:14 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But did punch the ball out of the back of the endzone

Sep 10, 2018, 1:19 PM

and had the interception on the 2 point conversion.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We got lucky on the call, could have gone either way, and

Sep 10, 2018, 1:29 PM

they don't score the last TD if he catches the ball that hit him in the hands, but he played well, certainly better than Muse, Simmons and Terrell

Re: We got lucky on the call, could have gone either way, and

Sep 10, 2018, 1:54 PM

I don’t think it was luck at all. In one of the replay shots you can see the side judge trailing the play. He’s right on the boundary, where he should be. This is the guy who spots the ball on a punt that goes OB. He has a clear view of the boundary and the pylon. If he sees the ball go to the right of the pylon on that play then it’s a touchback. If to the left then a fumble OB

Good call IMO. Lucky maybe the ref was in the right spot (but that’s his assignment), lucky maybe K’von punched it out (also HIS assignment) but not a “lucky call”.

Don’t feel bad, the announcers missed it too

Sep 10, 2018, 2:25 PM

Do you think it gets overturned if it is originally ruled a fumble at the 2 as opposed to a touchback? I don't

Sep 10, 2018, 2:28 PM

No, but that's because there was no camera angle that was as good as the side judge had. If only he had HatCam.

Sep 10, 2018, 2:53 PM

HatCam for the refs would be AWESOME! How many times have we screamed "what could that ref be looking at?" HatCam would tell us immediately. Somebody has to get this implemented.

Sep 10, 2018, 5:04 PM

I agree, but they won't do that bc it would show to many non calls that are right in the faces. The Ref's Saturday night had their flags Velcro-ed in their pockets so they wouldn't lose them, and they couldn't get them out when they needed them either!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so we were lucky it was ruled a touchback, because whatever

Sep 10, 2018, 3:01 PM [ in reply to Re: We got lucky on the call, could have gone either way, and ]

the original call was, it was going to stand after review

Sep 10, 2018, 4:57 PM [ in reply to We got lucky on the call, could have gone either way, and ]

That call is in the books and over with, IMO the right call was made. I just wish that at least one of those Ref would have gave some thought to what holding really is bc, it did appear that not a one of them actually knew the definition of holding!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He will get his wish.***

Sep 10, 2018, 2:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2018, 8:09 PM

Ummm... I think I'd wait 'til the secondary actually plays well against a quality opponent before I'd declare it "the best". Sounds a little Jake Bentley-ish.

Sep 10, 2018, 8:43 PM

Don't think he needed to send them a message. It was received well in advance of the game's end.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the only good politician is a dead politician.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic