Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you didn't watch the US Ghana match, you missed a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

If you didn't watch the US Ghana match, you missed a

Jun 16, 2014, 8:34 PM

great one. I've never been a soccor fan, but that game had me on the edge of my seat from beginning to end. One of the MOST compelling sporting events I have ever watched in my life. Feeling the pride, let's go USA!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

was dramatic at the end but it actually sagged

Jun 16, 2014, 8:36 PM

in the middle. slow play form both teams and uninspired

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: was dramatic at the end but it actually sagged

Jun 16, 2014, 8:42 PM

I only watch the World Cup. It is the only soccer that matters to me. Kind of like when I want a soda ...Dr Pepper is the only one that matters to me.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Couldn't disagree more. The attack from Ghana was nonstop

Jun 16, 2014, 8:45 PM [ in reply to was dramatic at the end but it actually sagged ]

with no US counter. Felt like I was watching a Tommy Bowden Clemson game where we'd lose it in the last 10 secs... and we almost did (figuratively).

Certainly thought at 1-1 if the anyone scored again it would be Ghana. We got one chance and capitalized.
The recent history of these 2 countries, the understanding of our grouping, and the importance on the win to any potential moving forward made every minute the US hung on after losing Altidore tense. The second US goal was unexpected and amazing after a demoralizing goal by Ghana at the 82 min.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Yep. As someone who watches a lot of soccer

Jun 16, 2014, 8:50 PM [ in reply to was dramatic at the end but it actually sagged ]

I found it quite boring. The only interesting part was the fact it was a World Cup up until Brooks header.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Re: Yep. As someone who watches a lot of soccer

Jun 16, 2014, 8:52 PM

what is even more boring is the coot scum on this board.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yep. As someone who watches a lot of soccer

Jun 16, 2014, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Yep. As someone who watches a lot of soccer ]

You don't know much about the game then.

I am not shocked that you wouldn't you have proven time and time again to be a complete moron on this site.

Nothing like a pathetic #### lover who spends his time on a rivals message board to tell us what was "interesting".

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Would love to read your breakdown of the

Jun 16, 2014, 9:05 PM

Tactical battle for this match.

Maybe I could learn something?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We got dominated. But Ghana is the most athletic

Jun 16, 2014, 8:56 PM [ in reply to Yep. As someone who watches a lot of soccer ]

Team in the WC. We won't have to play big, strong and fast opposition like that again. Ghana looked skilled but lacked the final quality shot. Some times the better team loses and after watching the US play sloppy and desperately I feel dang lucky to have any points. Great win though! True grit!!!!!

We were fortunate to not have to face Boateng

Jun 16, 2014, 9:08 PM

For a full 90.

Bradley is going to have to play better versus Portugal.

Re: We were fortunate to not have to face Boateng

Jun 17, 2014, 9:02 AM

You can look at this two ways. We were lucky to get a win or we won despite our best player having one of his worst games ever. The fact that the defense managed to keep Ghana to 1 goal wasn't a fluke in my mind. Ghana got off a lot of shots but really there were very few good ones other than the goal. The US defense was very legit against one of the most athletic teams in the field.

We did catch a break as they seemed to be asleep on the Dempsey goal, and their keeper isn't up to this level of play and we should have had one or two more goals on him but all in all, to win against an opponent we don't match up against very well, I think is a positive, despite the fact that we couldn't generate much offense and the fact that Bradley was just awful.

If you're an optimist, you have to figure he cannot possibly play that poorly again.

If the US plays like that against Germany...

Jun 17, 2014, 8:44 AM [ in reply to We got dominated. But Ghana is the most athletic ]

a very defensive game relying almost entirely on breakaways for scoring opportunities rather than playing an attacking ball control type offense, the US will get beaten badly.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I certainly didn't find it boring

Jun 16, 2014, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Yep. As someone who watches a lot of soccer ]

But, without Altidore and without Bradley holding and controlling the ball like he should then we looked much worse.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I certainly didn't find it boring

Jun 16, 2014, 9:36 PM

Admittedly, I don't know squat about soccer. Most of my generation don't watch it but from what little I have seen, I would never be on the edge of my seat. I know I'm missing something, kind of like NASCAR, but don't know what it is........

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's cool

Jun 16, 2014, 9:39 PM

I grew up playing the sport and love to watch it, but I know it's not for everyone, just like most sports.

I can't much get into racing (NASCAR or INDY), but I know some folks love it. That's cool.

i only watch soccer..

Jun 17, 2014, 12:52 AM [ in reply to Re: I certainly didn't find it boring ]

when the US mens and womens teams play in the world cup..i admit i am not a huge fan of the game..but the times i do watch my heart races.like tonight when we were up 1-0 watching the time click up and wishing it would go faster.

Re: If you didn't watch the US Ghana match, you missed a

Jun 16, 2014, 11:51 PM

fwiw: I'm not into soccer and do not understand it, but I think you can see the replay on ESPN3.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good....

Jun 17, 2014, 8:34 AM

Ghana was clearly the better of the two teams but the US managed to get the win and increase its chances of advancing to the knockout stage.

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good....

Jun 17, 2014, 8:49 AM

I wouldn't say Ghana was better they just had more structure to there attack. We struggled to find forward momentum after altidore went out. Yes you are correct we are not ready to compete with the top teams in the world. Luckly portugal proved that's not them this year. So as long as Ronaldo doesn't pick us apart we have a chance of advancing.

null

Re: If you didn't watch the US Ghana match, you missed a

Jun 17, 2014, 9:03 AM

I agree. It was a great one!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic