Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I just reread Dabo's "rant" and let me tell you something
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

I just reread Dabo's "rant" and let me tell you something

Nov 20, 2012, 9:29 PM

there was nothing in it that was ignorant. A lot was made of the fact that Spurrier didn't say what was originally attributed to him, but dhe tweet published on the USC football office’s Twitter account read: “’We aren’t LSU, and we aren’t Alabama. But we sure ain’t Clemson.” - Steve Spurrier.’ Not only that, but Dabo started his "rant" saying that he wasn't sure if Spurrier said it.

Let's look at the FACTS in Dabo's "rant:"

"It's not the first time they've won 3 in a row." - True

"I think they just had their second 10-win season and they won a championship back in 1969 and the 2010 SEC East."- Their 2 seasons with 10 wins were 1984 and 2011. Obviously they won the ACC in 1969 and the 2010 SEC East

"And this rivalry ... there's a lot of rivalries out there and this is more of a domination. That's the fact. My kids' grandkids won't ever live long enough to see this become a rivalry." - I'd say 65-40-4 is a domination, especially since we're up 27-14-1 since 1970. If they won 2 out of every 3 years for 75 years, then the series would be tied. So I'd say he's safe with the other part, too.

"This is a place that's won a national title, 17 conference championships, two division titles."- All true

"Heck, we've won more bowl games then they've ever even been to."- At the time, the gamecocks had been to 16 bowls, with a 4-12 record. We were 16-17 in bowls at the time. So I guess technically he was wrong... we've won as many bowl games as they've been to.

"I think our program's got a hundred-plus more wins that South Carolina."- At the time they had 533 all time wins. Clemson had 645. He was right there too.

"Coach Spurrier's been there seven years, and after five years I think he had 35 wins and a new contract and all that kind of stuff."- After 5 years, Spurrier was 35-28. After the 2009 season, Spurrier was given a contract extension through 2013.

Thanks, Dabo, for not being ignorant but for actually being intelligent.

Message was edited by: cutiger51908®

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We don't entertain ignorance ***

Nov 20, 2012, 9:38 PM

what movie is that video from on your signature?***

Nov 20, 2012, 9:40 PM

not a movie

Nov 20, 2012, 9:43 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42RtaIpIQRw

skip to 1:45

dang she's hot...thanks***

Nov 20, 2012, 9:54 PM

Re: what movie is that video from on your signature?***

Nov 21, 2012, 9:16 AM [ in reply to what movie is that video from on your signature?*** ]

is it from mad men or community?

not sure i want to click on that link at work

neither, it's some random thing

Nov 21, 2012, 9:54 AM

it's safe for work, other than what's in the gif it's pretty much rated G. Most of the video she's not dressed like that... I haven't watched the video with sound, so I'm not sure how lame it is but it looks pretty lame.

Re: neither, it's some random thing

Nov 21, 2012, 9:03 PM

thanks for that. i just got a chubby.

suck it, Auguste***

Nov 20, 2012, 10:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I just reread Dabo's "rant" and let me tell you something

Nov 21, 2012, 9:25 AM

So i guess Georgia Tech is not a rival its more like Georgia Tech dominates Clemson according to Dabo logic

Doesn't somebody need a fill up on #5 coot?***

Nov 21, 2012, 9:50 AM

Re: I just reread Dabo's "rant" and let me tell you something

Nov 21, 2012, 9:53 AM [ in reply to Re: I just reread Dabo's "rant" and let me tell you something ]

I think in the last 35 years the record is 17-17-1. Much closer than 27-14-1.

Boys, we got a live one here!***

Nov 21, 2012, 9:07 PM [ in reply to Re: I just reread Dabo's "rant" and let me tell you something ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I agree except for one thing...the very last remark

Nov 21, 2012, 10:16 AM

about USC being in California and the University of South Carolina being in Clemson or whatever it was...that part, while hilarious, he should have left out. It came off as petty and unprofessional to a lot of folks and it was definitely disrespectful towards Scar. Those kind of things should be left for the fans. Don't get me wrong, I mean I thought it was hilarious and all that but I just wish he would have held back on that one comment. The rest of the remarks were all just facts and were in no way disrespectful. They kicked our tails and thus earned the bragging rights. Hope we can take it back on the field this year

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic