Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ECU vs. Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1

ECU vs. Clemson

Nov 30, 2018, 8:10 AM

What are the chances Clemson ever allows the Pirates to travel to Death Valley for a game? Could be a small step out of the dumpster fire for the Pirates.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do know the cootS will visit Greenville, NC to play ECU

Nov 30, 2018, 8:51 AM

Interestingly, Clemson and ECU have never played...

Nov 30, 2018, 8:54 AM

and I'm not entirely sure why. I know the legislature encourages Clemson to schedule out-of-conference opponent from within the state and in most years when Clemson plays out-of-state teams like Georgia Southern, Kent State, Troy, App State, Georgia State, Testical Tech, Middle Tennessee, and North Texas, they're also playing in-state schools like Wofford, Furman, SC State, El Cid, Coastal Carolina, and PC

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: ECU vs. Clemson

Nov 30, 2018, 9:15 AM

I would like to see that. ECU has traditionally fielded a team that plays opponents tough. They carry a good fan base. Not as redneck as NC State and not as snobbish as Better-Than-U-NC.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ECU vs. Clemson

Nov 30, 2018, 9:28 AM

Clemson respects ECU. They are having a down year but they have their emphasis in the right place.

My office has two clemson Grads and two ECU grads... and one former LB from ECU. The pirates are good folks.

Both camps look forward to beating down UNCheat.

As to why they don't play us... I dont know. They always want to play UNC or at least NC State (because those are winnable games... as they are 13-16 vs NCSU and a 3-peater to the Cheats) and they have had a weird thing about playing Frank Beamer's team... maybe because they beat him frequently in his early career. otherwise it is a semi-recruiting trip to eastern NC for the hokies. I am guessing the SC is a Holtz leftover thing but ECU absolutely pOWNED the coots in the 90s.

My other guess is that ECU want winnable games (not just an appearance paycheck). Coots, UNCheat, and NCSU are *winnable* to them even when ECU is having a down year.

Replies: 4
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic