Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
We die by the QB-Run
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,565

We die by the QB-Run

Aug 18, 2013, 4:51 PM

Running QB's are our worst enemies, if we can tame that everything else will come together...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We die by the QB-Run

Aug 18, 2013, 5:01 PM

Might want to check some Clemson History or look at the East End Zone score board, many of the ACC Championships came with the threat of a QB-Running

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If UGAY's QB gets injured, they are SOL.

Aug 18, 2013, 6:46 PM

No running QB plays for UGAY

Not true.

Aug 18, 2013, 7:30 PM

The current backup QB, Hutson Mason, redshirted last year to create a year of separation. The coaching staff has full confidence in his abilities if Aaron were to be injured.

To add ...

Aug 18, 2013, 7:33 PM

That doesn't mean Aaron will start running a lot, but if he does happen to get injured UGA is far from "SOL".

Overall last year,we id a much better job at slowing down

Aug 18, 2013, 5:14 PM

QB runs,read options and scrambles.One play is etched in my mind which hurt the most and probably cost us the game.Had the Coots 3rd and 19 around the 35 yard line and D.Thompson,who may be the biggest non running threat lumbers for a 20 yard pick-up just when I though they'd have to settle for a long FG,but instead score a TD 3 of 4 plays later.

Aug 18, 2013, 5:15 PM

Believe he is speaking of opponent quarterback. Which would be correct.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We die by the Opponents QB-Run

Aug 18, 2013, 5:40 PM

Thank you, i was wondering when he was going to figure that out, i evemn reread it to see if i said something wrong....Last year Shaw(USCjr) and EJ (FSU)messed up everything you were trying to do defensively.

now, y'all are just two geniuses! if any oc in the country

Aug 18, 2013, 6:22 PM

could figure out that a running threat, at the qb position, would put a tremendous amount of pressure on a defense, they would be cashing checks in a 6 figure amount! however, 'fore y'all bust a nut or something, fsu won with special teams returns, and usuc had a third down lucky going on. both were aberrations that happen during the course of a year. neither team replicated those stats against like teams.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: now, y'all are just two geniuses! if any oc in the country

Aug 18, 2013, 7:25 PM

do you not remember what conner shaw did to us year before last? and Gilmore 3 or so years ago, mixed in with some from Garcia. do you remember the freshman from Maryland 2 years ago running up and down the field? and gt has also hurt some.

Re: We die by the Opponents QB-Run

Aug 18, 2013, 7:10 PM [ in reply to We die by the Opponents QB-Run ]

Agree over the last few years when other teams have a QB that can run
With that said it has hurt us the most in the last 10 years
One team comes to mind VA Tech had/has a running QB don't think it worked in their favor, getting shut-down at home and shut-up in the ACCCG by our Tigers

But you had it posted
"We die by the QB-Run"

Now
"We die by the Opponents QB-Run"

Didn't want to think you were one of the ones who are trying to say TB runs too much

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 18, 2013, 7:02 PM

Not if the d line would get nasty and our linebackers are a little more expireinced now so that should help

Did somebody forget to mention that to Mike Glennon,

Aug 18, 2013, 7:07 PM

Chase Rettig, Dylan Thompson, and Sean Renfree? The four of them combined had the following stat line against us last year:

100-176(56.8%), 1384 yards(346/g), 12 TD, 4 INT

Granted Manuel was just as good or better with 380 passing and 102 rushing, but i wouldn't say dual-threat QBs are our only concern. Any QB that wasn't a LB was a concern last season.

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,565
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic