Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Cluckers Get Drilled
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

Cluckers Get Drilled

May 22, 2014, 12:15 AM

Final from Hoover: 12-0 MSU. Mercy rule imposed after 7 innings. National seed still in their conversation! Ha ha, my big ole butt!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Getting mercy ruled probably helped them for other games

May 22, 2014, 12:42 AM

Especially if they have a double elim tournament instead of this silly round robin format that we do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Getting mercy ruled probably helped them for other games

May 22, 2014, 8:49 AM

It was a double elimination game for them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They play Florida at 1:00 today....

May 22, 2014, 9:05 AM

so if it helped them, it didn't help them very much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: They play Florida at 1:00 today....

May 22, 2014, 9:28 AM

IN LOSERS BRACKET!!!LMAO.. which ever does not win does not stay!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Cluckers Get Drilled

May 22, 2014, 2:51 AM

this will probably make me a pariah... but, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

It's almost like they try to lose in the SEC tourney

May 22, 2014, 7:47 AM

THey frequently are 0-2 or 1-2 in the tourney and then make it look easy in the NCAAs...

Re: It's almost like they try to lose in the SEC tourney

May 22, 2014, 7:51 AM

yet jack gets hammered for not winning the tourney. any team worth a #### is preparing for next week. that being said this years tourney is very important to clemson because of the situation they put themselves in. hell, fsu had lost 7 in a row before last night. really hurt their regional plans huh.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2014, 9:31 AM

Umm no, Jack gets hammered for losing to inferior teams throughout the season, choking in the NCAA's and making stupid coaching calls. HTH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 22, 2014, 8:12 AM [ in reply to It's almost like they try to lose in the SEC tourney ]

This guy gets it...the REAL tournament starts with the Regional and continues through the Supers, then on to the CWS. We have 4 runner ups at the CWS and 2 National Championships and one SEC tournament championship that we didn't even get to the CWS. No big deal here....

big enough deal for you to try to defend.Get out of the past

May 22, 2014, 8:52 AM

isnt that youre slogan??

Re: big enough deal for you to try to defend.Get out of the past

May 22, 2014, 9:42 AM

..."youre slogan"? I know you are not a Clemson grad with that, but high school seemed to escape you as well....lol. Yea, lets not talk about what happen 2 or 3 or 4 years ago.Let's just stick with the present....I think you went 0-3 against this terrible team we have. Clemson could put up a good run was my point as we have done it time and time again....it's the "getting hot at the right time" method. It works....

Speaking of spelling/grammar/structure, Clucker...

May 22, 2014, 11:20 AM

Clemson could put up a good run (missing period/run-on sentence) was my point as (sentence fragment, no need for this) we have done it time and time again....(missing space/caps)it's the "getting hot at the right time" method. It works....

C-. Needs improvement.

Re: Speaking of spelling/grammar/structure, Clucker...

May 22, 2014, 11:47 AM

...simple spelling is much worse. I can at least master the spelling of the English language...grammar and structure aside...lol. Youre kin see what I mean cain't you ?

Re: Speaking of spelling/grammar/structure, Clucker...

May 22, 2014, 11:53 AM

Sentence structure is just as important as spelling. It's hard to take you seriously with the ##### job you've done at transcribing your opinions. Those run-on sentences make my eyes glaze over. I instinctively skip to the next thread when I see junk like this.

And that's before taking into account the fact that you infest your rival's board.

This is probably true when you've already got

May 22, 2014, 4:21 PM [ in reply to Re: It's almost like they try to lose in the SEC tourney ]

a Super Regional host pretty well in hand. Why risk arms when there is really little benefit. I don't think that is the case this season.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Conference tournaments are effectively meaningless....

May 22, 2014, 9:09 AM [ in reply to It's almost like they try to lose in the SEC tourney ]

for those teams that are assured of qualifying for post-season play and hosting a Regional.

Although $CU is still playing for a possible national seed so going 0 - 2 in the conference tournament would likely hurt their chances.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes***

May 22, 2014, 9:49 AM [ in reply to It's almost like they try to lose in the SEC tourney ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

May 22, 2014, 8:28 AM

Where have you been? USUC has been using this strategy for the past 3-4 years. They make a mediocre-to-fair showing in the SECT at Hoover, and then all of their pitchers are fresh for the Regionals, SR's, and Omaha. They then breeze thru those tournaments.

I tried to let Jack know this - but we can barely make the Regionals, so that strategy will not work for us.

May 22, 2014, 8:54 AM

Jack Leggett's head is harder than an alligator skull. It will be his OLD SCHOOL way, or no way at all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would normally agree BUT this year is a little different

May 22, 2014, 9:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Cluckers Get Drilled ]

SCar has not locked up a National seed, and needs a good showing in Hoover to do so. If they go 2-and-out I think it's a big longshot that they're a top 8 seed.

So they have something to play for this year, and still got waxed.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MSU/Scar score....

May 22, 2014, 9:04 AM

Has anyone looked at those numbers???? reverse them and you have:

0-21

Vue Deja!

We could have used a W last night

May 22, 2014, 9:17 AM

But win today I think our chances of a top 8 seed are 50/50, win two more I think we're in, lose today and we'll need a lot of help. We just played bad baseball last night, hopefully it's out of our system

$CU didn't play badly last night...

May 22, 2014, 9:21 AM

they just got beat by a hot Mississippi State team that has been playing pretty well over the last few weeks.

Re: $CU didn't play badly last night...

May 22, 2014, 9:38 AM

MSU brought in a pitcher in the 3rd that was good as anyone I've seen all year (minus Vandy's Beede). He can be really wild but when he's on he is on. We couldn't touch him last night. His movement and velocity was incredible. Kind of have to just tip your cap as he carved us up.

$CU has its share of very good pitchers.....

May 22, 2014, 9:56 AM

they just couldn't get into any kind of a rhythm last night. That's baseball. It happens.

Mercy Rule is Not a Good Way to Play the Game

May 22, 2014, 10:02 AM

The rationale for the rule is not too far removed from giving everyone on both teams an award..... or from giving out rings for 5th place.

What would have people said if a Mercy Rule would have been applied in the WVU-CU Orange Bowl?

Like people, a team needs to be humiliated from time-to-time in order to learn and grow. Although it didn't seem so at the time, the Orange Bowl loss was one of the best things to happen to the Clemson football program.

From defeat, those who have character grow into winners. Those who don't will forever remain losers. I do think that's an important thing to learn in life.

Partially agree about the mercy rule

May 22, 2014, 10:40 AM

But you can't compare it's use in a tournament when there are a few more games to play in quick succession to a bowl game that ends a season. The only reason it's used in baseball tournaments is because the teams usually have to come back out and play again immediately or because another game is happening immediately after the mercy ruled game.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic