Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
27 Points Scored Against Us Is Unacceptable.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

27 Points Scored Against Us Is Unacceptable.

Sep 8, 2012, 6:06 PM

The offense looked great. Much like last year. The D did not look good. Much like last year. We replaced Steele, so we should see a better D. Did not see it today. The time to fix it is NOW! Not at end of season. Giving up 27 plus points puts way too much pressure on the O. A better team would have beat us today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I would say that having Ball State score 27 is Unacceptable.***

Sep 8, 2012, 6:08 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

***yawn***

Sep 8, 2012, 6:10 PM

Our D is fine. Certainly lots to work on, but if you think all of the sudden we're gonna be tops in the nation go look somewhere else. Remember last year when everyone said "if only we had a half decent defense..." Well, that's what we got. Hopefully we'll get a little better. And who cares about the 27 points? This game was over at the half, the 2nd half was just going through the motions. We looked pretty good to me. I'll take our team vs anyone right now.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ***yawn***

Sep 8, 2012, 6:15 PM

Let's see if you have the same opinion when we play a team with a decent QB and Division 1 players. This defense is horrid so just hope The Chad scores 35+.

In my wildest, most drunken state would I ever say our defense is fine. Simply an amazing analysis.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need work, sure, but, minus a busted read,

Sep 8, 2012, 6:19 PM

leaving our starters in the whole game, they might have scored 13 total points. My god, we were up 45-10 in the 1st half. They had a huge O-line, and we played *80* players today.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We need work, sure, but, minus a busted read,

Sep 8, 2012, 7:17 PM

I agree 100%. I thought Travis Banks has earned a starting stop. He had a great game.

Re: We need work, sure, but, minus a busted read,

Sep 8, 2012, 7:27 PM

Blanks I mean. Slip of the fingers.

There is nothing I've seen in our 1st game or the 1st half

Sep 8, 2012, 7:27 PM [ in reply to Re: ***yawn*** ]

today to say our defense is horrid. 2nd half today really shouldn't even count. Again just going through the motions. Certainly we're not challenging anyone for defensive team of the year, but with our offense we don't need to. If you really think our defense is horrid then you're just diggin for something that's not there.

Uhmmm...a better team would have meant our

Sep 8, 2012, 6:11 PM

offensive starters would have been in the entire game and scored more points. The defense has issues but no way in he!! would we have had the same players in against a "better" team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

drunk yard tiger?

I kid, I kid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow

Here we go. Football season 2012 on Tigernet.

Idiots

You do realize that we took our offensive starters out in

Sep 8, 2012, 6:16 PM

the 2nd quarter which in turn effected our defense because that meant less sustained drives for the offense and kept our defense on the field longer than usual.

That second half was meaningless. I know it shouldn't matter but it does effect the way the kids play.

Facts are not allowed***

Sep 8, 2012, 6:19 PM

Get real. It was 45-10 at the half.

Sep 8, 2012, 6:22 PM

The offense felt no "pressure" except, perhaps, to see how many records they could break. 17 of Ball State's points were scored against the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th string teams. If the game had gone any longer, Dabo would have had to put the student section on the field.

Our "unacceptable" defense also had two interceptions that gave us great field position.

In conclusion I can't tell if you're trolling or just whiny.

It was not out first team defense...***

heck, it wasn't even our 2nd team defense!!

Sep 8, 2012, 8:23 PM

lol

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

Take a pill***

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pass em around?

Sep 8, 2012, 7:35 PM

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I look at the defensive side this way.....

Sep 8, 2012, 6:26 PM

Rome wasn't built in a week or two...and we had a BIG OLE MESS on defense last year......
I'm sure Brent will get it straightened out....But the way I am looking at it......
Its Under Construction

2016 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Good Sir This Game Easily Could Have Been 90-20***

Sep 8, 2012, 6:29 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 27 Points Scored Against Us Is Unacceptable.

Sep 8, 2012, 6:31 PM

I'm concerned enough to have hoped there would have been more run defense adjustments from last week to this week...

Sep 8, 2012, 6:55 PM

Bla Bla BlaaAAA, Clemson in the last 15 years has played to the talent that they play against. I, like you wish more than anything that they would play every team like they were about to get beat. But they don't!!! I think it has much to do with they have been told from HS how good they are. And on a good team with other kids just like them, they feel that they can beat Ball State type teams without trying. And some times that attitude bites the team square in the a$$.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We could go undefeated and win the national championship...

Sep 8, 2012, 7:24 PM

and people like you would still find something to complain about.

He(and OTHERS) does/do every week..

Sep 8, 2012, 7:31 PM

Just whining little ones on the internet that think they have a brain once the Keyboard lights up.

ummm... what do you expect when you take out the starters

Sep 8, 2012, 7:53 PM

in the middle of the 2nd quarter... and play your 3rd and 4th string.

COME ON!!! The experience these backups get is way more important than keeping Ball State to 7 points.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Photobucket

You do realize...

Sep 8, 2012, 8:20 PM

That we play FSU in at few weeks and running just a base set is what they did today right? It was a low glitz...give them the minimum tape to practice for scheme.

That's what fsu has been giving us thus far via playing those powerhouses they play.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great point***

Sep 8, 2012, 9:19 PM

All in all

Sep 8, 2012, 8:39 PM

We have a top 5 offense and a potential top 20-25 defense which will get better with time. This game gave an excellent opportunity to play a lot of guys and start to develope some depth that will really pay off in November & beyond. All in all it was a great effort.

Sep 9, 2012, 3:11 PM

For all you idiots who thought our D was great and do nothing but drink the orange koolaid, guess Coach Venables is also a coot. I stand vindicated while you idiots look like football dummies. I did not say the team was bad, but that the D had to get better and giving up 27 points was unacceptable. Most of you need to grow up.

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=10903

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2013_nascar_champ.gif2014_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic