Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why am I not surprised to see this CFP setting up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,214

Why am I not surprised to see this CFP setting up

Nov 26, 2019, 7:20 PM

so that the 2 SEC teams that are inevitably getting in, not playing each other in semis?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No problem, just means we get to go for the SEC sweep***

Nov 26, 2019, 7:23 PM

^^this is a true statement***

Nov 26, 2019, 7:24 PM

We could finish with more SEC wins than half of the SEC***

Nov 26, 2019, 7:24 PM [ in reply to No problem, just means we get to go for the SEC sweep*** ]

Place Holders For Utah

Nov 26, 2019, 7:25 PM [ in reply to No problem, just means we get to go for the SEC sweep*** ]

They are just holding a spot for Utah! It would have been Oregon. I think Utah beats Oregon in the Championship game and wins the Pac 12 having only lost to ranked Southern Cal.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why am I not surprised to see this CFP setting up

Nov 26, 2019, 7:29 PM

To make sure an sec team plays for the natty.

This is a positive development for Clemson

Nov 26, 2019, 7:57 PM

I’d much rather draw LSU in the semi than OSU. And if Utah wins out they’d likely get in over Bama and UGA isn’t getting in if they lose to LSU. If UGA beats LSU then either LSU or Utah gets in at 4 and we get UGA.

Re: This is a positive development for Clemson

Nov 26, 2019, 8:10 PM

Actually, the only way to guarantee that an SEC team plays for the natty is to have them matched up against each other in the semi. As it stands today, Ohio St would beat Georgia and we would be playing LSU. That could actually insure that no SEC team is in the natty. I like Ohio St at #1. Give us LSU and let Venables have 4 weeks to gameplan for them. Also gives out OCs time to absolutely rips holes in the LSU defense.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We Get Ready For Their Offense! And,

Nov 26, 2019, 8:18 PM

On defense you are either a good tackling team or you aren't. The break isn't going to fix that! We have the depth to make it real tough on the Bayou Bengals.
I like your thought process about giving BV extra time to prep the defense for Burrow! I too would prefer LSU in the 1st round. If nothing else, they do have a potent offense.
Can they "all of a sudden turn the corner on defense during the break"! I don't think so. Their defense will be what they are! They may scheme better than they have but a couple weeks won't fix them enough.
Their offense is potent - our offense is just as potent. I like our chances because we have Brent Venables and would have extra time to prepare for old Joe Burrow.

Auburn held them to 23 while barely challenging them offensively(23 - 20 win for them). We have a better offense than Auburn!

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 26, 2019, 8:24 PM

How is it setting up for 2 SEC teams to get in the playoffs?

Bama is nothing but a place holder unless there’s chaos. The only way 2 SEC teams get in is if Georgia beats LSU and the POC keeps LSU in at number four. But that has been known since the polls initially came out, so I fail to see how all of the sudden it’s setting up for two SEC teams.

Nov 26, 2019, 8:25 PM

I actually think the committee is trying to avoid another all “southern “ final for the fifth straight year. That is exactly what will happen again unless LSU/Clemson meet round 1

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,214
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic