Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sorry, folks, but "CLEMSONING" isn't dead
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Sorry, folks, but "CLEMSONING" isn't dead

Jan 5, 2014, 3:35 PM

We lost to an inferior team on November 28, and they know it. They pulled a "Rocky Top" on us. Our Orange Bowl victory was just more evidence, and the MNC beat down will be more still.

That is why they are here now...they know they got away with one.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We beat you.

Jan 5, 2014, 3:46 PM

The rest is just excuses and justification for the loss. We beat you. Plain and simple.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seriously

Jan 5, 2014, 3:51 PM

why do you Coots even come to a Clemson board?

I have never gone to a Coot board and never plan to.

Do y'all have that much of an inferiority complex that you feel you need to come on a Clemson site and try to argue why we should respect y'all?

Shouldn't you be on Auburn's site getting them pumped up to bring another championship to SCU via the SEC?

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seriously

Jan 5, 2014, 3:53 PM

I come on here to laugh. I guess you can call that an inferiority complex if you want. Whatever. I am not above admitting that it is fun to come laugh at all of the "coot logic" put out by Clemson fans to explain why Clemson is still the better team.

So that is why. To laugh. It is good times.

Re: Seriously

Jan 5, 2014, 3:56 PM

If you want a laugh.. go rent a clown..

And because we, for some reason

Jan 5, 2014, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously ]

Allow you to come on here and spread your chicken shot

I don't care to go to FGF, but from what I hear, dissenting opinions are not tolerated there

Like I said, I've never been to a Coot site

Jan 5, 2014, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously ]

but I would venture to say that it would be laughable as well.

Whatever floats your boat, but in reality it's kind of pitiful.

How many times did you come to this site when we were spanking y'alls ##### on a consistent basis?

Exactly. Y'all have had some success and have no clue how to handle it. It's ok, it'll go away soon and y'all will all disappear again.

Message was edited by: tmitchell27®

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

To laugh?

Jan 5, 2014, 4:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Seriously ]

First of all, you do realize that every fan base has people like the ones on here, right? If you lost, you'd be analyzing it too. If anything, it goes to show how far this Clemson team has come. Back in the day if we lost, we lost. Now when we lose, we're pi$$ed and trying to figure out why it happened. That's the sign of a good team that just had a rare bad night. And yes, we know there's a few oddballs on here, but I'm sure there's plenty on FGF/Rivals/ESPN/etc as well. You can't just single out Tigernet like it's some kind of cesspool. It's been around since the 90s and a lot of people on here are old timers that barely know how to use a computer in the first place. Give them some respect, they're true, longtime fans and can say what they want.

Also, a head to head competition does not necessarily tell who is the better team. If that's the case, couldn't we say Tennessee was a better team than you this year? Basically, our fans just like to look at both programs and what they have done. Both have 11 wins, great bowl wins, and top draft picks. If you were to ask me, I'd say both are about equal right now.

The reason a lot of our posters say Clemson is the better team is due to how close the game was despite our constant mistakes. I can't say who is the better team right now since there wasn't really a clean game that could be played to be used a measuring stick. But, you can still see who accomplished more this year. Not that I'm taking away from SC's accomplishments, but facts are facts.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Jan 5, 2014, 4:02 PM [ in reply to We beat you. ]

6 turnovers and you only won by two scores? Sorry ####, that math doesnt add up.....then again USuC fans cant do math.

And why should we feel bad about that?

Jan 5, 2014, 4:07 PM [ in reply to We beat you. ]

A good team lost to another good team. What am I missing here?

Re: And why should we feel bad about that?

Jan 5, 2014, 4:22 PM

#6 lost to #10

Exactly, a top 10 team lost to another top 10 team

Jan 5, 2014, 4:26 PM

Happens all the time. It's not like Florida State lost to Duke or something, both are legitimate teams and were considered pretty equal coming in. Once again, what am I missing?

Re: Sorry, folks, but "CLEMSONING" isn't dead

Jan 5, 2014, 3:56 PM

Your life must be pretty pathetic!

Nope, life is treating me well

Jan 5, 2014, 4:01 PM

Thanks for your concern, though

Carolina was better. ''nuff said.***

Jan 5, 2014, 3:58 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly, Tennessee knows they own USCheat

Jan 5, 2014, 4:12 PM

They was better.

"Inferior" team?

Jan 5, 2014, 4:06 PM

Dude, I'll be the first say that I think Clemson was the better team this year, but this is just wrong on so many levels. First of all, "Pulling a Clemson" (Clemsonsing hasn't even been used until recently) was a term used to describe a Clemson team that was really good and on the verge of national prominence that ended up losing to an unranked or really bad team. Basically, a Clemson team that completely blew up. Losing to Wake Forest? That's Pulling a Clemson. Losing to a top 10 South Carolina team? HECK NO! Why should we feel bad about losing to a top 10 team on their home turf anyway? That ridiculous, it's like saying that LSU should feel bad that they lost to Alabama.

I love how the media likes to continue to re-definie what "Pulling a Clemson" is. It used to be losing to really bad teams, which we did a lot under Tommy Bowden and early Dabo. Now that Clemson hasn't lost to a non-top 10 opponent in over 2 years, Pulling a Clemson has become known as blowing up in big games. That's just hilarious, really. Especially considering that plenty of other teams have lost to unranked teams, such as Stanford (against Utah and USC), South Carolina (against Tennessee), Oregon (against Arizona), Oklahoma State (against West Virginia), Oklahoma (against Texas), and LSU (against Ole Miss). Plenty of others have also blown up in big games, such as Oklahoma (against Baylor), Alabama (against Oklahoma), Baylor (against UCF), Oklahoma State (against Oklahoma), LSU (against Alabama), and Ohio State (against Michigan State). Why should Clemson get singled out? Because Clemson is the most hated team in college football, that's why. People want to see Clemson get disrespected and will do all they can to further it.

So yeah, they got away with one, but it's not the first time South Carolina has held the title for 4 or more years and it won't be the last. Clemson has a lot of talent coming in and the tide will turn soon. South Carolina has SEC money now, so of course they're going to start winning more often than back in the day. However, it'll get better, just chill out.

Geez, lighten up

Jan 5, 2014, 4:11 PM

Maybe poor word choice. Inferior, lesser...whatever word you choose. You seem to agree with me that the better team lost on that day.

As for the CLEMSONING reference, it was intended as a joke among Clemson fans. I hate that term, and was just having a little fun with it, trying to stimulate discussion.

I am not a comedian by profession.

Sorry, I have a tendency to write huge paragraphs...

Jan 5, 2014, 4:16 PM

..when I really have a lot to say about something. I understand, I'll try to keep your original post in perspective then. :)

Spot on about the evolution of "Clemsoning". The media has

Jan 5, 2014, 4:19 PM [ in reply to "Inferior" team? ]

morphed that just in the past several years from its origins - the unexplicable losses to clearly inferior teams while we were chasing championships (dating back to the Ford years) - to Palmer's true bastardization of the term during Friday's pre-game that referred to it as "not performing on the big stage", which is contrary to reality in all kinds of ways.

Dating back to 2011, we're 3-4 against teams ranked in the Top 10, including primetime Gameday events. Expand that to the top 11 and we're 6-4. How many programs can claim a top 10 record with as many games played over that period? Or a winning record in 10 games against a Top 11? Also while not losing, period, to an unranked team?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As long as you keep resurrecting the term

Jan 5, 2014, 4:19 PM

It won't die

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dude, it is a JOKE...on a CLEMSON board

Jan 5, 2014, 4:24 PM

Explain how I am resurrecting that term. I hate it as much as any of you. That is why I am making fun of it.

And I NEVER "woo hoo"***

Jan 5, 2014, 4:27 PM [ in reply to As long as you keep resurrecting the term ]

koto use that term here?***

Jan 5, 2014, 4:27 PM

Ok to

Jan 5, 2014, 4:28 PM

Finger confusion

Replies: 24