Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 69
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 1, 2020, 7:57 AM

ugh, a rough one. Future BIL is a Charlotte police officer. His station as in the middle of the chaos.

Friday night. Went and did a little semi-frivolous shopping At Dick's Sporting Goods and Trader Joe's

Saturday. Worked a big on a few small woodworking project before upgrade my saw inventory and start working on some others. Watched some cities burn.

Sunday was an impressive day. Went kayaking on the upper Green River, got dumped twice. Came home, had a nap, then watched all of Space Force on Netflix. RIP Fred Willard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but I didn't die.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:01 AM

Drove home from the mountains on Sattidy and Watched TV all day Sunday.

Pretty Meh.

2/10

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Another weekend of yard work, good food and bevs!

Jun 1, 2020, 8:03 AM

Transplanted a bunch of nandinas, a white pine, and a magnolia from the back 40 into the backyard.
Nice walk around campus yesterday, did not see 2 goldens and Willmo.
Back hurts, needs some pills.....
??

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purty Guud

Jun 1, 2020, 8:04 AM

Got some spring cleaning done around the house. Broke quarantine for the first time on a weekend and took Direkids to the zoo. 4 yr old wore her mask the whole time, 2 year old lasted maybe 3 minutes in his. Saw some animals. Used lots of hand sanitizer. Good times.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Decent enough for The End Times.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:14 AM

Friday - stiff G&Ts after a hard week. Hung out on the deck. Good dinner with the whole fam. To bed early.

Satdee - lots of exercise, errands, grilled out for dinner, watched the fights (UFC and the riots) until about midnight.

Sunday - slept late, walked the dog with the missus, ate a big breakfast, watched church, went to the driving range and hit a bucket of balls (beautiful weather), ordered pizza, watched some TV with the missus, watched the riots, bed.

Not bad. A front row seat at the Apocalypse.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Jun 1, 2020, 8:17 AM

I did not march, I did not riot, I did not loot.

I went to TN and transferred the TN 'CLEMSON,' tag to my project car then spent the weekend demolishing my parts/donor car.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was good

Jun 1, 2020, 8:24 AM

Enjoyed a nice Saturday in the Vista. Ate a good lunch and then heard a commotion up the street. So then I started walking with this big group of people. They seemed mad about something. So anyway, I stopped by my truck and got some old beer bottles and gasoline and fashioned some molotov cocktails. They started yelling at the police and I said, "watch this" and I proceeded to car bomb 3 police cruisers. It was insane and I made a bunch of new friends.

Eventually, they ran us all off and I was able to get in my truck and drive off before anyone was none the wiser. In fact, I think they blamed this black 15 year old for what I did. It was hilarious.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:25 AM

Friday: Finished deck, enjoyed ribeyes

Saturday: Recorded sermon for church, Cleaned up the backyard, enjoyed deck, bought an umbrella for deck, enjoyed deck

Sunday: Church at the house with friends, enjoyed deck

10/10

deck pics for the week joungers

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Deck-pics-1995553?tstart=60

Jun 1, 2020, 8:25 AM

Pretty good. House went under contract in less than a week on the market, was on call Saturday and had to cut some poor fellas exploded colon out of him, then rested up yesterday and got some groceries, cooked up some nice steaks.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hope there aren't many more like it...

Jun 1, 2020, 8:28 AM

Fri - weekly dawghater2fam steak night. tainted obviously by the rioting in downtown ATL that made its way up toward my house when they got into phipps. spent the night monitoring the tweeter and reddit to make sure they weren't veering off of peachtree.

Sat - woke up and drove to athens. played golf w/ an old college bro and picked up a big ole box of meat from a butcher. met the wife at some babyshower for a couple minutes before heading home. spent the evening following the news and status of rioters while enjoying take out from a local spot.

Sun - mostly yard work. did an awesome maneuver carrying a bunch of #### back to the JO shed and rolled the #### out of my ankle. god ####### ######. hobbling around today hoping it starts to heal up quick. yard looks dope tho

pretty scary in general with the whole riot / "protest" thing. having to get everything locked and loaded for potential real deal #### ain't fun. the shenanigans up in buckhead (target, phipps, maggianos, etc) are all walking distance to my house so we were on full alert. could hear all the fireworks, sirens, etc. well into the wee hours of the morning.

It’s easy for people to say it’s bad online

Jun 1, 2020, 8:49 AM

When you are that close and are actually scared it’s a whole nother experience

Glad you are safe

yeah man - couldn't believe it was actually happening

Jun 1, 2020, 9:29 AM

as close as it was.

another great tool for those of you close to the carnage is the snap chat map. you can see idiots posting throughout the city to understand where people are at and ####. reddit was a great resource, and the tweeters I could see (no account) were good as well and were often posted on reddit.

maybe it sounds over tin-foily, but what else do you do when you're just a sitting duck at home w/ crowds of people smashing and burning #### in their wake?

We were finishing a wedding a few blocks from King Street

Jun 1, 2020, 9:55 AM

I was getting updates from my police friend.

All I knew was to GTFO and quickly.

Had no idea what was actually happening and if we’d be stuck downtown or drive into the mass on the way home.

For you at home, I hope you grabbed your gun and kept a close eye on the situation. Not sure what else you could have done.

that's ####### wild

Jun 1, 2020, 11:11 AM

glad (or at least hope) everyone ended up safe.

couldn't believe charleston got hit when I read someone's account on t-net in the mange.

I said earlier...CHS was folks brought in from out of town.

Jun 1, 2020, 12:29 PM

Local news was interviewing folks down there during the stuff going on, and everyone they talked to said they were embarrassed by what was happening.

The rioters weren't from here, and didn't care one iota about George Floyd.

CHS Mayor and CHS Chief of Police also have a lot of answering to do, IMO. They basically let upper King St. fend for itself..while 2 miles down the street 300+ cops were walking around.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Printing your post to show to my wife in order to prove

Jun 1, 2020, 10:11 AM [ in reply to hope there aren't many more like it... ]

that I really do need that suppressed AR-9 I've been eyeing for a year or so now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah man...scary ####

Jun 1, 2020, 11:10 AM

it's an insurance policy you really hope you never have to use and can just continue to use it to shoot beer cans or coyotes.

i hope i never again in my life time need to place fire arms throughout my house in case a mob of dipshits decides to walk down my street and potentially start ####### up what little i got. still blows my mind that it happened man.

this in what i consider a hoity-ass toity part of town, mind you. i'd be shocked if any of our neighbors within 8 houses had any means of self protection.

Probably drank more than I needed to

Jun 1, 2020, 8:30 AM

but overall not bad.

Yard work, planted a lot more blueberry bushes.

Family pictures.

Still trying to replace that chicken.

Spent more money on the lawnmower than what it's worth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Turned out WAY better than I hoped for.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:31 AM

Friday, made a handful of trips between work to ride over to RH Mom's house and search for Miss Kitty. After she unknowingly hitchhiked with me Thursday afternoon and ran off, I thought I was out of the cat business. Rattled the food bag, called, circled the neighborhood maybe 5 or 6 times over the day, but no luck. Got home in time to watch the Chris Duarte and Beth Lee livestream, reliving one of the coolest shows I've ever been to at Riley's Tavern in New Braunfels, TX. That's a story for later, if anyone is interested. Had a few Shiners and listened to Texas blues...it was a good night.

Saturday, got up and hit the coffee like it was my job. Grabbed the chainsaw and headed over to Joonyer's new house in York and helped him destroy overgrown shrubbery until the chain came off. He said he would take care of the saw, so Mrs. and I headed back to RH, ate some lunch, and watched The Mountain Minor. A real gem of a movie, especially if you appreciate Appalachian music. showered, walked pup, made a sandwich, and headed to the studio for a MODERATE VOLUME acoustic jam session. Took a break around 9:30 and checked the phone, RH Sis had found Miss Kitty so I scooted around the corner and picked her up and took her home. Then, back to jam session and we ended up playing until around 12:30.

Sunday, coffee, long morning jaunt with the pup, piddled around with a few chores, then off to Publix for a bunch of fresh produce for several kitchen projects this week. Got home and grabbed the pup, off to RH Mom's to let her run and picked up Smokin' Pig that Sis brought back from a run to Clemson. Back home and started the tepache. Tepache is Mexican pineapple beer, plenty of recipes and videos out there if anyone wants to study further. Ate BBQ, the watched a livestream with Berkely Hart. Nobody on this side of the country knows who they are, but they are supremely talented musicians and two of the best songwriters in the biz. Another thing I urge you to go research on your own. Spent the rest of the night watching demo/review videos of the new Fender Jaguar bass. It's now in the running as the next addition to my collection.

19/19 Covids weekend. Getting play music and getting my cat back home put the meter over the top. No riots or looters back here in the woods, so didn't get to shoot at anyone, but I won't deduct points for that...THIS TIME.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went to Riley’s once back in 90’s when I was spending

Jun 1, 2020, 8:53 AM

A lotta time in NB! We hung out more often at Gruene Dance Hall. Riley’s is awesome!

Very historic.

Jun 1, 2020, 9:25 AM

It was the very first liquor license issued in Texas after Prohibition was rescinded, and has been a thriving honky tonk dive bar ever since.

Well

Jun 1, 2020, 8:45 AM

Saturday started the house cleaning process by vacuuming. Then went to Publix in Chapin to make a grocery haul for mom. Deposited weekly checks. Treated her water, sprayed for bugs, took in the mail, took out the mail, took out the garbage, and fixed her clock. Came back, drank, then slapt.

Sunday got up and cleaned some more, finished the downstairs master bath, hung out in the yard with the kids playing. Neighbor's kid flew off the swing after I took the 2yo inside. Seems to be minor injuries. He's in 5th grade so I assumed he wouldn't try a loop on the swing. Was wrong. Wife took a 3 hour bath while I made sure the kids didn't get hurt. Found an extra can of black rustoleum spray paint. Inspired by the rioting, I decided to repaint two of our wrought iron chairs on the back porch. Look better than new now. Still need to add another can or two to the next Lowes trip for the table, mailbox, etc. Cooked steaks Sunday night and had pork chops Saturday night. Need to get some more Eagle Rare, as I refuse to break the seal on the handle I have of it. I see a liquor run happening next grocery run.

That's about it. Decent I guess.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No idea about Friday

Jun 1, 2020, 8:46 AM

Had a beer and lunch with Mrs Fluff Saturday

Worked a wedding Saturday night.

Watched tons of coverage of my friends and families businesses being destroyed on King Street

Follow shoplasolas on insta if you wanna see it (plus they usually have LBODs during normal times)

Yesterday got rained out at the pool and watched panic in neighbors garage.

0/10 never wanna be that close to a riot again

Upper Green is a little more ambitious run than the lower.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:55 AM

At least you avoided all the inner tube traffic on the lower.

We got really lucky in that our group only had 8

Jun 1, 2020, 9:27 AM

and 4 of them cut out after two rapids. I learned I have no business on the "Narrows" portion.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely NOT the Narrows!

Jun 1, 2020, 9:50 AM

Even back when I was paddling all the time, that was more than I wanted to take a bite of. That's an expert level run for people that don't have as much to live for as I do.

I saw 10-12 of those fools walking down as

Jun 1, 2020, 12:07 PM

we carried the duckie back to the parking area. Even our guides said they were all crazy.

Pretty, pretty good.

Jun 1, 2020, 8:59 AM

Friday: Home a little early, because my college roommate was in town for work and had him stay at the house. Improvised a shrimp scampi for dinner. Drank some beers and watched Minneapolis riot on TV.

Bonus points: He is part of a cook team called Pop N Chubby's. They do ok regionally in BBQ competitions but they've won approximately a bazillion firsts for their "sauce only" entry in comps. They finally got it bottled and are starting to market it the FB marketplace etc. He brought me a bottle to try. Haven't tried it yet but if it's anything like the original, it will be a huge hit if they can just get it off the ground.

Saturday: Wifeof leaves to head to Pawley's for a girl's weekend. I spent the day refinishing a couple cast iron pieces that i had stripped at the old house. One #8 3 notch Lodge that is probably from the 40's. And a HUGE #12 dutch oven (lol) with lid that I haven't dated properly yet. They both turned out really good. Ordered pizza for dinner because I was a bachelor for the night.

Sunday: Yard work starting at 9-ish to cut grass and clear out a paver area in the backyard of the new house to make room for the plant stand that I built for the wife. Baked a frozen sketti and meatballs for dinner because I was beat from all the yard work.

Love trying new sauces. When it is available online

Jun 1, 2020, 4:49 PM

please post and tag me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was great....

Jun 1, 2020, 9:34 AM

Was on vacation in Hilton Head for a week and came back on Friday. HHI was great...perfect weather most days...high in upper 70's/low 80's slightly overcast. Spent a lot of time on the beach. Did a 2-hour fishing charter and caught some cool sharks. Had a lot of good food and did very little work, which was much needed. Best of all, got the eff out of quarantine. Man, what a difference it made with my son to get out an have stuff to do/see.

Friday on way home, stopped through Cola to have lunch at Blue Marlin...BLT salad and spicy flounder dish for the win. Whole fam crashed early on Fri night due to vacation tired.

Saturday...unpacked, went to store, did some work in bonus room - trying to get all my kids' crap out of there and make it usable. Wife and kids at pool all day. Made some kick-arse burgers on the grill.

Sunday...cooked a solid breakfast, worked in garage, wife and kids at pool all day. Watch some Poldark with wife. Bed early.

All the weekends run together.....

Jun 1, 2020, 9:35 AM

They all seem the same. Turning over in a kayak is the joy of summer. I've done it many times.

Future BIL ? Hell hath frozen over

Jun 1, 2020, 9:46 AM

I had a great weekend, but ####, aero

Wife took us to Tybee, had some great food, got sunburned, toured Savannah saw BIL. Justa great time all the way around. It kinda sucks to go back to work.

Ten years ago if you told me Lakebum1® would be married witha kid, and aerozeptallica would be getting married I would ahve laughed my ### off.

Now ?

Shrug

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very nice.

Jun 1, 2020, 9:52 AM

Your Jump To Conclusions Mat, I mean. Amazon must have delivered yours this past weekend.

It's more like, if you keep wishing it to be true

Jun 1, 2020, 9:55 AM

then it is true

The step-sister is engaged, you mongoloid.***

Jun 1, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Future BIL ? Hell hath frozen over ]

TO TOTE1?!?!?!?***

Jun 1, 2020, 11:51 AM

Tote1 is not a police officerman.***

Jun 1, 2020, 12:25 PM

It was a RIOT

Jun 1, 2020, 9:58 AM

I don't even know what I DID do, but I know what I DIDN'T do. I didn't go out in my boat, and I DIDN'T buy any beer last night, and I DIDN'T get to see any live music.

I dunno about you people, but I'm REALLY tired of being locked down.

Pretty good

Jun 1, 2020, 10:14 AM

Had the in laws come up for the weekend, took them out on the boat. Yelled at subhumans on cheap pontoons, resisted the urge to murder teenagers on jet skis, and stayed out of jail. If this level of boat traffic is our 'new normal', I think I'm going to need a bigger boat.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's why I didn't go out Saturday.

Jun 1, 2020, 10:26 AM

I rode over the Shem Creek bridge and the Ohio navy was in full invasion mode, with multiple aspects of attack. From the shore (Red's, Tavern and Table, Waters Edge) to the water (SUP's, Kayaks and rental boats) they had their attack plans in place.

You'd probably have better luck jumping into a wood chipper

Jun 1, 2020, 10:31 AM

than you would trying to kayak the main channels of Hartwell on the weekend. I think we're going to have to section off lanes of the lake, far right for the people who want to go slow, a middle lane for the 25-35mph cruisers, and another for those going 60-70mph+.

"Yelled at subhumans on cheap pontoons"

Jun 1, 2020, 1:41 PM [ in reply to Pretty good ]

is probably my favorite line

Jun 1, 2020, 10:50 AM

Friday was just a normal Friday. Work half the day, be lazy the other half. My MacBook Pro arrived so I set it up. I'll be using it at photog workshops I'll be attending. I signed up for an astro / nightscape photography workshop with Tom Moors in July in NC. Looking forward to that a lot. Fri night I purchased season passes to Biltmore b/c they're $100 off and are good through Aug 31 2021 if the world is still around then.

Saturday was lazy. Did some yard work and such then watched TV. Cooked Brussels sprouts and lamb chops for dinner.

Sunday, we headed up to Biltmore for the day. I haven't been in a couple years but it doesn't seem much has changed. They are requiring facemasks be worn inside any. facility and have toped off every other urinal in the bathrooms. Some of the tour is close and they're working at half capacity. I think this was their 1st weekend open since the CV-19. At 930am I heard them tell a guy they were sold out of tickets but at 2PM there was no one in line in front of the house to go inside. I mean no one at all. I know this b/c after the tour of the house and ground I got engaged on the front lawn.

I got engaged on the front lawn

Jun 1, 2020, 10:52 AM

you got engaged to do what?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Engaged? Like the Biltmore engaged you for a

Jun 1, 2020, 10:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

(semi)professional photography session? Or they engaged your services to set up the photo booth at the winery?

He engaged in fisticuffs with the local authorities and then

Jun 1, 2020, 11:40 AM

looted the Biltmore

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You wouldn't believe what I got away with!***

Jun 1, 2020, 11:46 AM

Marriage..lol

Jun 1, 2020, 11:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

Didn't you just get out of Shawshank?

I just go out 7 years ago

Jun 1, 2020, 11:03 AM

are you going to ask me why I hate blowjobs next?

I just figured you had accumulated enough stuff

Jun 1, 2020, 11:08 AM

And you felt like giving half of it (or more) away.

I srsly can't think of a worse business agreement to enter into.

Jun 1, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to I just go out 7 years ago ]

I'll tell you why I hate them.

Jun 1, 2020, 12:22 PM [ in reply to I just go out 7 years ago ]

Recently, due to quarantine, guys haven't been showering as much. That ball stink really lingers in my goatee.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

ell oh ell

Jun 1, 2020, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend? ]

congratulations!

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah, congrats, I guess***

Jun 1, 2020, 11:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Purty good weekend..

Jun 1, 2020, 11:37 AM

Had to goto Columbia but missed the chaos..
Put my running boards on the Jeep.. got a few more stickers for it..
Took the top off and cruised around for a while with my fiancé.

Pretty good weekend.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

took the top off where?

Jun 1, 2020, 11:52 AM

subscribed

Top off in my Jeep..

Jun 1, 2020, 11:59 AM

Oh meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Top off in my Jeep..

Jun 1, 2020, 12:07 PM

go on...

She took her top off in ....

Jun 1, 2020, 12:56 PM [ in reply to took the top off where? ]

Doak one year. Of course we were getting beat by 50 so everyone needed a distraction lol.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sunburnt from lots of fun in the sun... but more importantly

Jun 1, 2020, 12:25 PM

I'm working in an actual office with people again today instead of home with my children working and teaching them. Hallelujah!

In the office free and clear or with tons of safety

Jun 1, 2020, 12:26 PM

measures?

We are social distancing from each other but we were

Jun 1, 2020, 12:28 PM

open the whole time (real estate).

Rich people still buying houses, all is well with the world.

There have been rumbles about us going back but

Jun 1, 2020, 12:43 PM

having to wear masks and such. Seeing as I don't have screaming children I'd just as soon stay home longer.

Wait....you paddled upper Green?

Jun 1, 2020, 5:02 PM

I’m just happy you’re here. Done a lot of paddling in my life, Guided on Chattooga and run section IV at 5 feet, Upper Gauley no biggie, but I’ve walked Gorilla every time I’ve done the Green. FTS. Had another buddy who’d run that on mushrooms like it was no big thing....he ended up becoming a Liquidlogic factory rep after dropping out of CU.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gorilla is in the Narrows.

Jun 1, 2020, 5:45 PM

You can run the upper and get out before you get into the Death Zone. It's a fairly easy run, but a good bit more ambitious than the lower.

Easy for experienced paddlers, I should say.

Jun 1, 2020, 5:47 PM

The lower can be a challenge for someone that's never been in a boat before, but I've taken a lot of first-timers down the lower over the years. There are only two worrisome spots for beginners, and it's more about being in position to catch their boats than worrying about them get hung or washing machined.

Only been twice....all I remember is just saying no

Jun 1, 2020, 6:04 PM

To Gorilla.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sunshine is generally considered the hardest in the Narrows

Jun 2, 2020, 10:01 AM

but Go Left And Die, along with Gorilla is pretty much the Death Zone trifecta. I've heard folks say that's the toughest series of rapids in the East. It's not like you can easily walk in there and watch, either. You either paddle in, or skip it.

I need to correct story, lest I fish-tale a bit too much

Jun 2, 2020, 10:17 AM

Compared fuzzy 25 year old memories with paddling partner last night. We actually paddled the Chattooga at 3.5 ft, not 5. Even then, it was a different river and a completely different challenge than the usual 1.5-1.8 ft, but the one time it hit 5 feet, we also said FTS. World class paddling buddy did paddle it at 5 feet though....again on shrooms. Main thing I remember is there being a few places where the only scouting to be done was grabbing a tree branch and craning our necks to view the next rapid as best we could and try to figure out lines. Bull sluice was child’s play but then You’d get a random keeper hydraulic in Sock em dog where there normally wasn’t one.

yeah, with guides saying go here and go there.

Jun 2, 2020, 10:40 AM [ in reply to Wait....you paddled upper Green? ]

We carried the boats over one little part and of course stopped before the narrows. Forget that mess. I don't think I want to do anything more difficult than what we did Sunday. Both times I was able to get into the good ole river swim position and immediately get splashed in the face with water which is no fun.

Replies: 69
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic